Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sir_thomas
Hey guys, this just got posted a few minutes ago. Schoettler's winning setup and pics from the JConcepts Spring Indoor Champs @ TRCR.

http://2wdmod.com/2014/04/29/schoett...concepts-trcr/

Bookmark, save, share!
O M G. The elusive, magical, super dialed in after days of intense tortuous testing for just this specific tire... on only the TCRC clay setup sheet!

Oh. Wait. It's practically just kit setup with some different oil and springs

Good job MS on holding it down up there. However this looks like every other indoor clay setup I've come across. Less tweaks here actually.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

happpppppppppppppppppy happpppppppppy missing parts are here to to get my bulid on
Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rigor
you noticed it too.. well if it works for him i guess. can't wait to hear from the fanbois that absolutely need to know what gauge servo wire he ran.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Not directed at or meant in any offensive way... but don't believe everything you hear or read in RC.
Well IMO, Jason was not wrong per say, but maybe not very clear. If your tired balloon up when you get on power coming out of the corners, the thin middle section will wear faster with open cells. I have less issues ballooning with closed cells. "If" you over revving and ballooning the tires, the middle will wear quickly. I assume Jason was referring to something along those lines. I have seen guys balloon the inside tires coming around a 180. I mean, their tires are like 4in tall at the center. It is very very visible to anyone. This sort of thing will wear out the centers faster, because the main reason that tire is that big is a combo of lack of traction (weight is being transferred off the tire) and too much trigger or too sudden trigger pull. But, you can also run the centers out fast with a hot motor that is quickly getting up to rpm. The higher your rpm, the more the center of the tire is the only thing making contact with the track. And with less rubber on the track, you also increase your chance of slipping/losing traction.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I plan to use these

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...t-Washer-Set-2

with 3x6 to 3x8mm Flat head screws. I am unsure on the length I will need, but I have extra screws lying around to try out.
I use those on my XB4, they're nice - I guess for the B5 one will have to cut the nubs off and drill a new hole huh? If I had a drill press or a "steady-er" hand I'd drill it straight through and put a nut on the bottom end.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
I use those on my XB4, they're nice - I guess for the B5 one will have to cut the nubs off and drill a new hole huh? If I had a drill press or a "steady-er" hand I'd drill it straight through and put a nut on the bottom end.
My tlr 22 is drilled and it holds up well. I plan to do the same to my b5. I am not really a fan of the screw on wings, but...with so many wings being different thicknesses, it makes it easier. The AE wing is soooo thin and I can still barely get the pins in. I know AE is revising the wing mounts to allow for thicker wings.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by TJ Hart
In a recent video by Jason Snyder, he talked about tire wear and a wear line down the middle of the rear tire is caused from too much wheelspin. I just got done with 2 days of racing this weekend with my B5m, and my rear tires are bald down the center. Is there anything I can do, or anything I should do to prevent this from happening? I have a lot of traction, so that isn't an issue.
Who is Jason Snyder ?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Who is Jason Snyder ?
Bob Snyder's brother
Old 04-30-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Legend

O M G. The elusive, magical, super dialed in after days of intense tortuous testing for just this specific tire... on only the TCRC clay setup sheet!

Good job MS on holding it down up there. However this looks like every other indoor clay setup I've come across. Less tweaks here actually.
good job ???

Mike best the world champ
TACOMPTON Style.... welcome to the hood bro.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by vito
happpppppppppppppppppy happpppppppppy missing parts are here to to get my bulid on
good news....
Old 04-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
good news....
thanks I got a mid kit on order to
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am waiting on mail man today for my inserts to come in to mount my rear arm mounts and that will be my finishing touches.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

http://www.exotekracing.com/wing-buttons-alloy-2/
Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
OK we should have included a slip of paper to clear all this up. Sorry.
This is the way it should be.

The etched 0 faces the shock. This means rear motor it is forward and mid motor it's back.
3mm of ball-stud spacing makes the high position. 1mm is the low. The kit hub has 5 link length options, with the aluminum hub you no longer have the longest/ outer ball position. Be careful about the thread length ball stud you use, if it's too long it will crush the bearing in a couple of positions. 6mm thread is recommended with 3mm spacing.
Sean is this going on the AE website -- perhaps on the page for the hubs?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sir_thomas
Hey guys, this just got posted a few minutes ago. Schoettler's winning setup and pics from the JConcepts Spring Indoor Champs @ TRCR.

http://2wdmod.com/2014/04/29/schoett...concepts-trcr/

Bookmark, save, share!
Is that 16 guage wire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.