Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

with my smc shorty i weigh in at 1476g w/o pucks system. With the square, its 60g more, seems a bit more stable, only ran 1 pack in the square so far tho. Want to do some more testing.

I'm getting my pucks this week so I guess i'll have to add weight to use the shorty
Old 04-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Ouch. Cheap shots at someones finances doesn't seem too cool for any reason.
+1 ...simply out of line.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Maybe if you were working instead of trolling the forums, commenting on a kit you don't even own yet. You'd possibly have had the cash back when this kit was being "saved" for you.

Haha
some of us actually DO have to work for our money...not just gettin it from mommy and daddy. also some us us are less fortunate and have to save for a while cuz we live paycheck to paycheck and have mouths to feed. please be more curtious (Sp) towards others and maybe take a walk in our shoes for a moment.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Those are awesome as well...got them in my Dirt Webs right now
Matt I'll be interested to hear more since these are supposed to fix the 'durability' issue with the prior JC ones (compared to red AKA cc foams).
Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Matt I'll be interested to hear more since these are supposed to fix the 'durability' issue with the prior JC ones (compared to red AKA cc foams).
If you stop by this weekend you can check them out.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

I have found that the Dirt Webs can tend to need a little bit longer break-in period before they are really good. I will scuff them in on some 80-100 grit sandpaper to open them up a little to get them in sooner.
Fully agreed on this. While I've only gotten 1 set of Dirt Webs so far (I have 2 rear sets arriving tomorrow), myself as well as most other folks seem to feel they take longer to break in. A good 6-8 mod motor packs @ OCRC before they seemed to be getting there. But man... they are incredible! Tons of forward bite
Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone seen the new aluminum rear hubs on the associated web site. Look good.whats everyone think.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

If you stop by this weekend you can check them out.
I'll be down there @ OCRC Friday around noon to hang for a bit. Picking up my aluminum rear hubs from a buddy, see the Stock Nats layout, and chat with peeps for a bit. Probably going to take off and go run LRH after that. Hoping to stop back in Sunday for some of the bigger mains.

Good luck out there Mr.Trimmings
Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

I'll be down there @ OCRC Friday around noon to hang for a bit. Picking up my aluminum rear hubs from a buddy, see the Stock Nats layout, and chat with peeps for a bit. Probably going to take off and go run LRH after that. Hoping to stop back in Sunday for some of the bigger mains.

Good luck out there Mr.Trimmings
See ya there!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer_guy
some of us actually DO have to work for our money...not just gettin it from mommy and daddy. also some us us are less fortunate and have to save for a while cuz we live paycheck to paycheck and have mouths to feed. please be more curtious (Sp) towards others and maybe take a walk in our shoes for a moment.
Seriously.

My wife and I would be "rich" if it weren't for these 3 kids we decide to keep taking care of
Old 04-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by troyd
Has anyone seen the new aluminum rear hubs on the associated web site. Look good.whats everyone think.
I'm not interested in them. Loses the adjustable toe insert from the stock plastic and fixes it to 0 deg. The bearings sit in plastic inserts which will wear out just as fast as the stock plastic hubs so they don't reduce slop any. Also I'm not a fan of vertical ballstuds in aluminum. I've seen several people snap vertical ballstuds in aluminum. The stock setup has just as many options for tuning unless you are planning on running more that 5mm of spacers under the ballstud. I would just get the hard plastic hubs and call it a day.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

how to free up the turn bulke rod ends there tight the pop off the ball stud as I try to set camber toe
Old 04-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vito
how to free up the turn bulke rod ends there tight the pop off the ball stud as I try to set camber toe
You should black grease / chapstick / beeswax on the threads of the turnbuckle when assembling them.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

You should black grease / chapstick / beeswax on the threads of the turnbuckle when assembling them.
I did chapstick there way to tight still and I ran them in and out a few times
Old 04-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
In the manual it states to use grease on turnbuckle rods before installing the ends. Ive also heard that chap stick also works well. Did you forget to do so??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.