Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
everyone is on the mm thread. I guess the rm car is boring
They'll be be back soon.... the MM is not for most of 'us' especially since the rear is so good.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

GOLD arrived today!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-img_201404073139.jpg  

Last edited by rigor; 04-07-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner
They'll be be back soon.... the MM is not for most of 'us' especially since the rear is so good.
I think you are wrong. Im not saying the rm is bad but I'm running on a medium traction track and the mm motor is awesome mid motor cars are the future of 2wd buggy. They jump better and carry more corner speed
Old 04-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

+1
Old 04-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default broken plastic insert for rear hubs

So I ignored the advice that people gave about putting a ball stud washer on before the ballstud goes into plastic insert that the rear outside ball stud goes through before it threads into the aluminum insert. I got my fastest lap I had got yet since our track was rebuilt. Pulled my car and found I had broke this plastic piece.

I haven't had any other parts break till this one. Luckily my LHS actually had a set of rear hubs in stock. One of 3 parts they have for the B5.

Just thought I would let u guys know. Mine broke in practice. Would have really sucked if it happened in the middle of the main.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Justinb86
So I ignored the advice that people gave about putting a ball stud washer on before the ballstud goes into plastic insert that the rear outside ball stud goes through before it threads into the aluminum insert. I got my fastest lap I had got yet since our track was rebuilt. Pulled my car and found I had broke this plastic piece.

I haven't had any other parts break till this one. Luckily my LHS actually had a set of rear hubs in stock. One of 3 parts they have for the B5.

Just thought I would let u guys know. Mine broke in practice. Would have really sucked if it happened in the middle of the main.
Did you screw the ball stud in too tight?
That is the only reason I can see that part actually breaking from the ball stud.
If you do crank it down, the front plastic insert will deform and or break.
You don't need to crank it down super tight. All you need to do is use blue Loctite and tighten down until snug but not to the point that the insert starts t deform. Let it cure over night.
I did this with the rear ball studs and from axle screw and have not had a problem. I have seen quite a few people at the track I run at have these issues. Any screw that goes into metal should be secured with blue Loctite at least the night before running.
It would be nice if AE were to put this in the build manual but a little bit of common sense goes a long way.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Legend

HEy ??

Where's that RM B5r set up ?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F_ME
Did you screw the ball stud in too tight?
That is the only reason I can see that part actually breaking from the ball stud.
If you do crank it down, the front plastic insert will deform and or break.
You don't need to crank it down super tight. All you need to do is use blue Loctite and tighten down until snug but not to the point that the insert starts t deform. Let it cure over night.
I did this with the rear ball studs and from axle screw and have not had a problem. I have seen quite a few people at the track I run at have these issues. Any screw that goes into metal should be secured with blue Loctite at least the night before running.
It would be nice if AE were to put this in the build manual but a little bit of common sense goes a long way.
I did use loctite and I didn't overtighten it. I had already got several days at the track on it. I ALWAYS loctite anything thing that threads into aluminum.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Like Wild Cherry posted back when, you have to put a washer under that rear hub ballstud or that will happen.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay
Like Wild Cherry posted back when, you have to put a washer under that rear hub ballstud or that will happen.

Not bad for a guy that only has $300 in optional B5 parts & spares and still has no kit yet.

BTW
Picked up a carbon battery strap today.
Yep, got about a dozen and bet there all gone tommorow.

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 04-07-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Justinb86
I did use loctite and I didn't overtighten it. I had already got several days at the track on it. I ALWAYS loctite anything thing that threads into aluminum.
Cool....wasn't trying to be condescending.
I have been racing my B5 2 days a week plus practice since it came out.
I have not had this issue with the rear ball stud since putting it together with blue Loctite. Didn't have to use a ball stud washer but it couldn't hurt.
It would have been nice if they used blue aluminum inserts front and rear. You would still need to Loctite it in but there would be no issue with the plastic deforming as you tighten it up.
Of course the simple fix is to just use a longer ball stud and lock nut.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

FYI we had b5r's beating b5m's and other mids this past weekend and it was very high bite. Pretty tight as well. I prefer the rear. So much more "consistent" for me. See this with other drivers as well.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
FYI we had b5r's beating b5m's and other mids this past weekend and it was very high bite. Pretty tight as well. I prefer the rear. So much more "consistent" for me. See this with other drivers as well.
The rear is more consistent for me as well...but, the mid is getting better each time i put it on the track. This is the first mid motor car ive had so of course its going to be a bit of a learning curve to get used to it.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F_ME
Cool....wasn't trying to be condescending.
I have been racing my B5 2 days a week plus practice since it came out.
I have not had this issue with the rear ball stud since putting it together with blue Loctite. Didn't have to use a ball stud washer but it couldn't hurt.
It would have been nice if they used blue aluminum inserts front and rear. You would still need to Loctite it in but there would be no issue with the plastic deforming as you tighten it up.
Of course the simple fix is to just use a longer ball stud and lock nut.
i did put the washer on mine but forgot the thread lock the ball stud in,lets just say they are now loctite in!! Maybe this thread is a little slow because everyone in mm is trying to figure out how to make the car 2 lbs less on a serious note we did have a lot of mm cars running at my track last sat,traction was low but a few guys had there mm cars dialed and freakin hauling.But for now I'm sticking with my rm
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

I almost bought the MM but am enjoying the RM, I can't see spending the money on side-grading to the MM. But it's so tempting... I'll probably buy a stadium truck instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.