Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splking1
This is kinda crazy. I was able to drop another 22 grams off the car. I normally run for 5 minutes and my temps are 160-165. Today we were doing 7 minute heats and my motor only got up to 135 degrees. I was pretty shocked. I was able to turn the timing up 2 degrees on the motor and temps got up to 150. My car should be close to the 1500 mark i think this week with the lighter battery.......maybe dropping the weight helps

Thanks BillPear for all the help!!!
Your Welcome.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ktmderf
I've been having trouble with heat with my B5ms. I have a car for both stock and mod. I haven't seen a whole lot about that trouble in this thread but I did see where dropping weight has made it better especially in stock. My stock comes in at almost 1600 grams but I have it geared at 29/75 which is pretty conservative compared to others and with 30degrees of motor timing in blinky mode. So I don't quite get why it's getting hot. Is it the weight? I ran the same setup on my 4.2 and it used to come off just warm. I don't see how some guys are running gearing like 69/32 with 17.5 and not getting way too hot? I'm running on an indoor track that isn't big but it isn't tight. Even with my mod car I'm running a Reedy 7.5 with gearing at 21/81 and it will come off at 185 and that's with stock timing at 20 degrees. I just saw Maifields latest setup and he's running the Reedy 7.5 gearing at 23/81 with 0 degrees of timing. Does that mean he retarded the timing on the motor from the stock 20 to 0? Or is 0 in reference to the stock 20? If that makes any sense lol. Any tips are really appreciated. My 17.5 is also a Sonic Mach 2.
Don't know why your so hot, I run my SchuurSpeed at 69/32 and 40 degrees without it even getting to hot to touch. Is it the same Reedy you ran in the centro or another one, if its another one maybe you got one that runs hot.You could cut out the vent in the body that over the top of the motor and see if that helps. And, everyone say it with me, losing weight will help.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Anyone have any issues with the pin in the bone not being center? It looks like it's not drilled centered. I didn't notice till I went to put it in the diff outdrive and it wouldn't go. Spun it 180 and it went in. Haven't finished the build yet, but that can't be good for balance.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks wheelman for the answer on the timing. Bill pear, it is the same motor/ESC setup out of my previous car. I am getting a set of the lighter shorty packs from a main so I'll see if that'll help. I already have the aluminum screw kit and top shaft. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't notice it during the run. Probably the last minute or minute and a half of a 5 minute qualifier the throttle gets incredibly soft to the point where I can't clear doubles that I could clear easily in the beginning of the run. I've tried a different battery to check that and it was the same thing.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Man this page is dead without all the turnbuckle talk!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks wheelman for the answer on the timing. Bill pear, it is the same motor/ESC setup out of my previous car. I am getting a set of the lighter shorty packs from a main so I'll see if that'll help. I already have the aluminum screw kit and top shaft. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't notice it during the run. Probably the last minute or minute and a half of a 5 minute qualifier the throttle gets incredibly soft to the point where I can't clear doubles that I could clear easily in the beginning of the run. I've tried a different battery to check that and it was the same thing.
IMO, based upon the motors / gearing / etc you've mentioned, you got something else going on somewhere. Timing isn't going to affect your temps that much.

I'd reset all electronics to default. And take the pinion off your motor and check your car for good free spinning movement on all wheels, etc.

Always better to get help from a local knowledgeable person who can physically assist.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone have a local hobbyshop w a 5m in stock?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

everyone is on the mm thread. I guess the rm car is boring
Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ahsikes
Anyone have a local hobbyshop w a 5m in stock?
I am looking for one too. The money I have set aside is burning a hole in my pocket! If they don't get more B5Ms in stock soon, I may just pick up the B5R instead. I can have that in hand in 10 minutes if I get impatient!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

let the bidding for a nib b5m begin!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rigor
IMO, based upon the motors / gearing / etc you've mentioned, you got something else going on somewhere. Timing isn't going to affect your temps that much.

I'd reset all electronics to default. And take the pinion off your motor and check your car for good free spinning movement on all wheels, etc.

Always better to get help from a local knowledgeable person who can physically assist.
What Jesse said. I had my transmission out yesterday for another reason and I was pretty amazed at how freely it spun. Make sure all of your bearings are spinning freely.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brian cox
let the bidding for a nib b5m begin!
Haha. Yeah right. Everyone that is just dying to get one if they could just find one. Wants it for list with free shipping. A bunch of clowns. I threw my nib that i still have and thats what people were hitting me up with....it was a joke.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
Haha. Yeah right. Everyone that is just dying to get one if they could just find one. Wants it for list with free shipping. A bunch of clowns. I threw my nib that i still have and thats what people were hitting me up with....it was a joke.
Seems that way on rc tech doesn't it---supply and demand in the normal world brings higher dollars--
Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

i'll personally be getting the rm. i run on good ol dirt.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brian cox
Seems that way on rc tech doesn't it---supply and demand in the normal world brings higher dollars--
Yeah i see them diappear on ebay for $330.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.