R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 09-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #8041
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy2013 View Post
Ran my this afternoon for the first time at the local track. All in all it works pretty darn good and I am very happy with it. I played with the gearing a bit and I seem to be dialed ina pretty good at 69/31 with my D4 17.5 Maxzilla at 40 degress timing and my ESC in Blinky mode.

I am running RM flat front arms, front tower and rear arms. My car is lacking in steering, pushes pretty good going into a corner and pushes trying to power through a sweeper so I need to sort that out.

No issues with traction, no issues with jumping.
Try a longer rear link. I ran plaster hubs with the three hole insert down and ended up in the middle hole. 2mm spacer on the inner ball stud. That freed the car up. Not sure where u are but that's what I found.
eper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #8042
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eper View Post
Try a longer rear link. I ran plaster hubs with the three hole insert down and ended up in the middle hole. 2mm spacer on the inner ball stud. That freed the car up. Not sure where u are but that's what I found.
All my settings are stock from the kit build right now
Jeepy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #8043
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy2013 View Post
weighed in today, rtr at 1605g
hmm, you have not done any lightening stuff and its 1605?
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #8044
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I like the car with the stock front arms and rm rear arms. Car is very smooth but steers hard.
You running indoors Jason? I've found via other setups (i.e. EB48) that your styles are similar so would be interested in what you've come up with for this one. Just picked up a used one.
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #8045
Tech Elite

what spacer set for the rear metal ft hud under the ball stud to use
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #8046
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
So i learned something today while doing some research of my own. The RM rear arms will give you some more forward bite and a little more side bite..... BUT... you will sacrifice the way the car lands. If you do a back to back comparison 1 run stock arms and the 1 run RM rear arms you will notice that with the RM rears the car lands terrible. one of the best handling characteristics of this car is the way it lands and squares up coming out of the corner with the stock arms. IMO the only time I would run RM rear arms is if the track I was on was very loose.

Just a lil food for thought!
With my setup I don't have any problems landing or squaring up for a jump with the RM rear arms. The car is quite stable on landings even when I miss the downside. I started with box stock setup and worked my way to my current setup. The first two things I did in changes was to go white springs F/R and RM rear arms, I picked up stability and dropped some time. Next was changing shock oil and flat front setup and picked up steering and dropped .3sec lap average. Changed pistons and oil again to drop another .2 sec average. This was all after dropping 1.5 sec lap average with a tire change. In all from the stock setup running barcodes (V2) i dropped over 2 sec/lap average from my races. I'm quite happy with my setup. Sure, I could do with a little more steering but I don't want to sacrifice my stability until I get better. I went from DFL (2-3 laps down) to 4th or 5th and on the same lap as the leaders.
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #8047
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
hmm, you have not done any lightening stuff and its 1605?
Nothing but titanium turnbuckles. My SMC shorty pack is pretty lite, that might be helping.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #8048
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
So i learned something today while doing some research of my own. The RM rear arms will give you some more forward bite and a little more side bite..... BUT... you will sacrifice the way the car lands. If you do a back to back comparison 1 run stock arms and the 1 run RM rear arms you will notice that with the RM rears the car lands terrible. one of the best handling characteristics of this car is the way it lands and squares up coming out of the corner with the stock arms. IMO the only time I would run RM rear arms is if the track I was on was very loose.
Sounds like a "Skeeter" issue.

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 10-29-2014 at 03:09 PM.
JiuHaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #8049
Tech Adept

Thinking about jumping into this buggy thing with a B5M. What battery specs should I look at as far as mah and C rating for 17.5 stock? What # of pinion teeth too?

R.I.P. - Kyosho Big Brute....T-Maxx .15....SC10 4x4
BigBrute_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #8050
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm currently running a 32 pinion with a 72 spur and a shorty pack. specs are 4300mah and 65c (cheap turnigy battery from hobbyking)
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #8051
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokleM View Post
You running indoors Jason? I've found via other setups (i.e. EB48) that your styles are similar so would be interested in what you've come up with for this one. Just picked up a used one.
That is correct. Im running indoors with medium bite. My car has been really good. I like a lot of steering but I need to keep the rear planted. I found a setup that is glued and aggressive. I drive it like a 1/12th pan car. Being that I am new with this car, I ran the J Concepts Super Cup race here in FL 2 weeks ago and ran in the Independent stock class. I got 2 packs of practice before racing. I TQ'ed both rounds. There was 243 entries and my main wasn't until 10:00 in the evening. I have a hard time seeing when its dark and under the lights. I made a few mistakes but still finished 2nd. The car was really good.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #8052
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
Sounds like a setup issue.
You always chime in with smart A$$ remarks but never offer any advice. I'd sure love for you to tell me and some of the fastest AE drivers why this is a set-up issue. With the arm swept 2mm further forward it creates a binding effect on hard flat landings and makes the car bounce rather than settle.

If you could please let me hear your side and your findings to justify your set-up issue comment.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #8053
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
You always chime in with smart A$$ remarks but never offer any advice. I'd sure love for you to tell me and some of the fastest AE drivers why this is a set-up issue. With the arm swept 2mm further forward it creates a binding effect on hard flat landings and makes the car bounce rather than settle.

If you could please let me hear your side and your findings to justify your set-up issue comment.
I just put RM rear arms on mine and it jumps like a dream just has a lil more rear grip... IDK why yours jumps weird. Maybe a shock issue?
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #8054
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
That is correct. Im running indoors with medium bite. My car has been really good. I like a lot of steering but I need to keep the rear planted. I found a setup that is glued and aggressive. I drive it like a 1/12th pan car. Being that I am new with this car, I ran the J Concepts Super Cup race here in FL 2 weeks ago and ran in the Independent stock class. I got 2 packs of practice before racing. I TQ'ed both rounds. There was 243 entries and my main wasn't until 10:00 in the evening. I have a hard time seeing when its dark and under the lights. I made a few mistakes but still finished 2nd. The car was really good.
Great, look forward to what you come up with
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #8055
Tech Master

Quote:

Mine jumps good too with RM rear arms, doubles triples, no problems. Mine lands nice, smooth and straight. I'm running indoors, medium bite.