Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
hi guys... for those of you posting about using the b5 rear arms on the b5m..

don't believe all these rumors.. you have to use the left arm on the right side of car.. and then the offsets are the same as the b5m arms, the differences are the swaybar mounts and inner sweeps.. but shocks mount in same spots, bends are same and so are hub positions.. if you use them left on left.. it would be the same as putting on the stock arms backwards.. the sweep would go to the back .. and the car handles horrible.. tried it.. hated it.

also on front arms.. the flats are same positions as gullwings.. the handling difference is in the tower.. the b5 tower is shorter and holes are more inside then on the b5m. so its like laying your shocks in on the b5m tower.
which smooths steering.

hope that clears some things up for some of you.
If it makes any difference to anyone... I got this rear-motor rear arm tip straight from current IFMAR 4wd Buggy World Champion Steven Hartson @ OCRC. I also know some other racers that have already done this change up, and instantly liked their cars better.

Gotta try everything and see what yourself prefers... right ? Maybe it sucked for you Rickster, but as we've been trying to stress in this thread so far, it's all about trying things on tuning to see what you like or not.

Good luck all
Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by splking1
Question for you guys. Is it a good idea to take out all the slop in the casters so the wheels can't shift foward or backwards? I did that and for some reason it seemed to handle worse. Or i just had an off night at the track
I can't comment on the B5 slop really yet, but a lot of folks preferred the B4 with slop.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vr6cj
just picked up some c inserts today, so they are out there
Damn! Wish I had them already. My shiny new aluminum C & D mounts are lonely.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default CENTRO brass weight???

Fellas quick question, has anyone besides me tried the CENTRO front brass weight? Says it works for the B5 ! But i see no way this will mount to the front of my buggy......also it says on redrc that it can be used with the stock bulkhead!!!

Thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
will a sp 6070 low pro steering servo fit be ok?
My buddy used a savox low pro........n he had to cut away the rubber that waterproofs the servo body where the wires exit the case!! It worked with a little massaging!!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I need some.

Sent PM!

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have 2 sets if you need them
Old 04-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
If it makes any difference to anyone... I got this rear-motor rear arm tip straight from current IFMAR 4wd Buggy World Champion Steven Hartson @ OCRC. I also know some other racers that have already done this change up, and instantly liked their cars better.

Gotta try everything and see what yourself prefers... right ? Maybe it sucked for you Rickster, but as we've been trying to stress in this thread so far, it's all about trying things on tuning to see what you like or not.

Good luck all
I got the same information from Steven and Kody, Steven said it shortened up the wheelbase.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jason,
Great meeting you and Leeland last nite, hope you can make it back soon.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
will a sp 6070 low pro steering servo fit be ok?
If you have one try it and let us know
Old 04-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIGSKI15
I'm going to get a chance to try my new square today against the shorties that I be been running. Due to the extra weight I'm sure some steering should be gained. For those of you running saddles or squares, do you like the forward or rear battery position? Obviously I'm going to try both for myself but just curious.
I have personally really liked the square pack positioned to the back. Feels really good on the three track I have ran on with the B5.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

finally got to run my rm car last night,first impression on the car was "what push" I'm running the thienke setup and this car has steering for days,shorty forward and no weight up front,i was running brand new m3 ions also.My rear was actually a little loose,granted track was cold and traction wasn't the best but my rear was a little loose for my liking,but running two classes with only 7 races i didn't have anytime to change the setup,overall with only 5 packs on the car it should be really good
Old 04-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

hey mx racer.... try going to the 30 deg. caster block up front.. I did that and it really helped steering a ton. I also moved my rear hubs forward to increase the traction.. now have a good balance of both.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey mx racer.... try going to the 30 deg. caster block up front.. I did that and it really helped steering a ton. I also moved my rear hubs forward to increase the traction.. now have a good balance of both.
You used the 30 kick up with 0 or 0.5 inserts on hub.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

hey bill... so I measured with a digital caliper and its 1/3 of a mm farther forward sweep.. so yes they are right.. and what I meant by it sucked was I even tried drilling holes and trying left b5 rear arm on left side.. which swept the arms way way back.. that's what I meant... sometime hard to say things on here when your tired.

I didn't use my dig. caliper the first time I tried them on.. so yes I was wrong.

and what works for my driving style and are may not be what works for you.. so test and have fun man... that's what its all about.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

and what works for my driving style and are may not be what works for you.. so test and have fun man... that's what its all about.
And that's all I meant in my feedback as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.