Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
what exactly would be huge from the FT parts? IMO nothing is huge for performance in mod. For stock? just get the RM car and save your money. MM is not great in stock, it "works" but is not great.
No, dont tell me this. My admitted obsession with the MM might be too powerful for your completely reasonable, honest, and educated advice.

I have nothing smart to say at this time

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Welcome to the forum Jason. Get the the B5M now and have fun now. Unless you are getting serious about the 17.5 class I would not worry about making it too lite.

If you don't like the MM, sell it and you should have enough to get a RM.

Just install some titanium turnbuckles get the right tires and have fun already.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
Can somebody please convince me to stop waiting for the factory team kit to come out?

jB
Will a free pizza & beer be enough to stop you waiting ?
Old 08-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
Welcome to the forum Jason. Get the the B5M now and have fun now. Unless you are getting serious about the 17.5 class I would not worry about making it too lite.

If you don't like the MM, sell it and you should have enough to get a RM.

Just install some titanium turnbuckles get the right tires and have fun already.
Thank you

This is good encouragement for me. I dont know, i guess i always feel like i am going to get something and then the next day something WAY better is going to come out. I always try to tell myself its not the arrow its the indian, but i stumble sometimes.

Any other suggestions besides lunsford for turnB's?

Also, i have heard some folks talking about schelle bearings....worth an immediate upgrade?

Anything else you might recommend as far as true upgrades?

I am probly going to pick up some RM arms as suggested by many to try out.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Will a free pizza & beer be enough to stop you waiting ?
WC, whats on the pizza?

Thanks

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Opinions on square pack vs shorty pack? Seems like most of the pros are using shorties. I'm getting my B5M this Friday and I'm curious.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thank you

This is good encouragement for me. I dont know, i guess i always feel like i am going to get something and then the next day something WAY better is going to come out. I always try to tell myself its not the arrow its the indian, but i stumble sometimes.

Also, i have heard some folks talking about schelle bearings....worth an immediate upgrade?

WC, whats on the pizza?

Thanks

jB
The JConcepts FIN turnB's are great as well. Some other things I would do are a schelle, or avid, or FT bearing kit cause the kit ones are not great. and the aluminum rear mounts are a breeze to change anti squat and toe with. Other than that its an awesome car right out of the box.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clydeywidey
Opinions on square pack vs shorty pack? Seems like most of the pros are using shorties. I'm getting my B5M this Friday and I'm curious.
Lazy easier driving car... square pack. Something a lil more reactive and agile... shorty. I prefer the shorty. Drives like a pig IMO with a square or saddles
Old 08-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Thank you

WC, whats on the pizza?

Thanks

jB
if you are a casual and dont care about motor temps or going fast, run it box stock in 17.5. Put a really small pinion like a 28 and 78 spur. you will be slow, but you wont fry a motor either. Dont worry about the 1700 gram car you are driving around. Just know you can literally push people around the track. Just do laps and have some fun. /sarcasm off. Just run mod if you are in dire need of a MM car. If you are not going to spend $500 plus on a good car for stock, just run the box stock in mod. I tried the MM at stock weight in 17.5 and is sucked. It cornered fine, but could barely jump at all. The MM car is fun to drive for sure, but for stock you need some cash. And not FT cash. All that alum only makes it heavier. You need to ditch that massive slipper minimally. If the FT comes out and it is full alum hardware, then LOL. worst stock buggy ever. Just run mod and save yourself the issues. get a 13.5 or 10.5 and run mod
Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

if you are a casual and dont care about motor temps or going fast, run it box stock in 17.5. Put a really small pinion like a 28 and 78 spur. you will be slow, but you wont fry a motor either. Dont worry about the 1700 gram car you are driving around. Just know you can literally push people around the track. Just do laps and have some fun. /sarcasm off. Just run mod if you are in dire need of a MM car. If you are not going to spend $500 plus on a good car for stock, just run the box stock in mod. I tried the MM at stock weight in 17.5 and is sucked. It cornered fine, but could barely jump at all. The MM car is fun to drive for sure, but for stock you need some cash. And not FT cash. All that alum only makes it heavier. You need to ditch that massive slipper minimally. If the FT comes out and it is full alum hardware, then LOL. worst stock buggy ever. Just run mod and save yourself the issues. get a 13.5 or 10.5 and run mod
Awesome! I appreciate it.

In actuality, i talked myself into running stock. I really always had something hotter than a stock motor in every car i ever driven since i was a kiddo. I just figure if i was really going to take it seriously (take that with a grain of salt) that i should start stock. From the sound of it, it actually sounds more expensive and more about car tuning than actual driving (being dramatic here).

Ok, mod it is.

I think you used the jedi mind trick on me and it felt alright.

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
The JConcepts FIN turnB's are great as well. Some other things I would do are a schelle, or avid, or FT bearing kit cause the kit ones are not great. and the aluminum rear mounts are a breeze to change anti squat and toe with. Other than that its an awesome car right out of the box.
The schelle mounts?

Thanks!

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Awesome! I appreciate it.

In actuality, i talked myself into running stock. I really always had something hotter than a stock motor in every car i ever driven since i was a kiddo. I just figure if i was really going to take it seriously (take that with a grain of salt) that i should start stock. From the sound of it, it actually sounds more expensive and more about car tuning than actual driving (being dramatic here).

Ok, mod it is.

I think you used the jedi mind trick on me and it felt alright.

jB
stock is not like the stock of old. There is nothing stock about it. Good choice on mod. nothing wrong with the stock mounts. Only upgrade you need for mod is the alum rear camber block for durability and the Ti turnbuckles for durability. Lunsfords offer a life time warranty against bending or breaking. No one else does that and they cost the same as everyone else.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Lunsfords offer a life time warranty against bending or breaking. No one else does that and they cost the same as everyone else.
Really nothing further to discuss about that, huh?! Awesome!

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

The schelle mounts?

Thanks!

jB
Bearings, that's what he was talking about. The gearbox bearings are awful!
Replace those things while your building and keep em for spares only!

JConcepts finned B4 titanium turnbuckles and Aluminum rear camber block only "Needed" upgrades right away.

Otherwise it's a GREAT car out of the box!

I went with the front hexes because I didn't like the narrow hex of the stock axles. Personal preference!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Bearings, that's what he was talking about. The gearbox bearings are awful!
Replace those things while your building and keep em for spares only!

JConcepts finned B4 titanium turnbuckles and Aluminum rear camber block only "Needed" upgrades right away.

Otherwise it's a GREAT car out of the box!

I went with the front hexes because I didn't like the narrow hex of the stock axles. Personal preference!
The blocks are AE parts correct?

91522 and 91524, right? Or the brass versions if i wanted?

Thank you

jB
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

The blocks are AE parts correct?

91522 and 91524, right? Or the brass versions if i wanted?

Thank you

jB
Those are ok but not totally needed! Just make adjusting toe easier, I never adjust that, set and forget.
This is what I was referring to.

http://teamassociated.com/parts/details/91520/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.