R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 08-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #7081
Tech Rookie

I put in the complete b5m Schelle bearing set and their ceramic gearbox bearings in my car and the transmission is so smooth and spins super free! I've had the stock front bearings get gritty on me super quick, but having the Schelle ones in there I've never had that problem. It has definitely been well worth the money for how long they are lasting me.
fabster529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #7082
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Edit: you guys will have to wait for the press release on this one!

Last edited by Speed Freak RC; 08-19-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Speed Freak RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #7083
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this buggy due to the amount of success this buggy has and I'm wondering what some of the mandatory upgrades are? I'm not really on too much of a budget and am wondering if some of you can give me a few pointers on what's a good upgrade for it and what's not. I'm coming from the mugen mbx7 world where you don't need many upgrades to be fast, But I'm kind of curious how much more then 259.99 I'm going to have to spend to be competitive. Thanks in advance guys, Really appreciate it.
clydeywidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #7084
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeywidey View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this buggy due to the amount of success this buggy has and I'm wondering what some of the mandatory upgrades are? I'm not really on too much of a budget and am wondering if some of you can give me a few pointers on what's a good upgrade for it and what's not. I'm coming from the mugen mbx7 world where you don't need many upgrades to be fast, But I'm kind of curious how much more then 259.99 I'm going to have to spend to be competitive. Thanks in advance guys, Really appreciate it.
Your hop ups will depend on which class you will be running...?

Stock or Mod ?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #7085
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC View Post
Edit: you guys will have to wait for the press release on this one!
Come on give it up!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #7086
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ran the acer ceramics in my sons b5m, super nice.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #7087
Tech Legend

Quote:
Don't advise you go buy a bunch of up grades.

Car is really good out of the box and all the upgrades will not make much difference in your performance or fun.
Focus first towards getting a good Esc , battery & radio ..

After time add upgrades as you learn and improve .(fun part of the sport)
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #7088
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan432greening View Post
Gentlemen/ladies, I need some help.

I am new to the racing side of RC. I recently went to my local outdoor track to break in my B5M. I have everything set to factory settings and am using a tekin rs gen2 10.5 turn with tekin gen2 esc. I'm using gold dirt webs. The track was a tad dusty, but not terrible. It looked like a 4wd kind of day but the car was absolutely awful. Constantly spinning the tires and while spinning the car always pulled to one side or the other. Is that a slipper adjustment that needs to be made? Diff adjustment? Should I run softer springs than stock? I'm just lost. I'm sure the car will be fun indoors this winter but I'd like to enjoy it before then.

I also had my SC10 out and while it was tough to drive as well, it had alot more traction than the buggy. I know I'm a terrible driver right now, but I know someone can help me make it a little better.

Help a newbie out, please? I'd really appreciate it. Everything I read from you guys is more centered towards front end handling, doesn't seem like many of you are struggling with rear end traction.

Thanks guys/gals!
If I recall the gold jconcept tires are indoor clay tires. ?? def the wrong tire for those conditions. You will want a small pin tire on the rear. Like an impact, holeshot, possibly a vector as well. In a soft or super soft compund depending on temps outside. Depends how dusty we are talking how aggresive a pin you will need.

You will also need to loosen the slipper from factory setting a turn or two. Its trial and error.

Go down 2.5 on rear shock oil. Add the b5r rear arms with the hubs all the way forward will also help.

If you still need more rear grip you can move the rear shocks all the way in on the towers, longer camber links in the rear. less front droop, brass or aluminum c mount.

Also reccomend downloading the AE cheat sheets mobile app as well. It will walk you through the changes and effects of different settings.
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #7089
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Just some titanium buckles for strength and a set of rm front, arms and tower. And rm rear arms. For tuning options. All in all. Apprx less then $325.00 for kit and added items and you are set
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #7090
Tech Rookie

What is the name of the cheat sheet app? I typed in "AE cheat sheet" in the App Store and nothing came up.
fabster529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #7091
Tech Master

Ok, so from what I've been reading the schelle bearings are pretty much the bee's knees? Would these bee the first thing to upgrade on my B5m?

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #7092
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

RC Cheat Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabster529 View Post
What is the name of the cheat sheet app? I typed in "AE cheat sheet" in the App Store and nothing came up.
Jason Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #7093
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Wednesday update. Was racing Monday at LRH with Nick Wautlet (AE team driver, customer support rep) who not only confirmed, but fixed the ball cups on one of my B5Ms. What did he do? Took a pair of pliers and squeezed the ball ups while they were still on the car. Outcome? Zero binding anywhere on the car. The fix does work. If yours still sticks, your doing it wrong.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #7094
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Your hop ups will depend on which class you will be running...?

Stock or Mod ?
I'll be running mod buggy.
clydeywidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #7095
Tech Apprentice

whats all this press release hubbub.
hcopp is offline   Reply With Quote