R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #691
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Idk if any of you have ever driven at Coyote hobbies Raceway in Victorville, but if you have do you think mid motor would benefit over rear motor at this track?
chancejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #692
Tech Regular

Fyi the b5 top plate fits right into the b4 front bulkhead. This, in theory, that all the b5 front end parts below the top plate will bolt right up to any b4 front end.
VBC Firebolt DM
Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #693
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejeff View Post
Idk if any of you have ever driven at Coyote hobbies Raceway in Victorville, but if you have do you think mid motor would benefit over rear motor at this track?
Never driven there but I have seen it. It seems like a mid to high clay track which means the MM would do well and the RM would as well so its your choice I would think about how wet they run the track because if it is then I would prefer RM but that's just me
C4PT4IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #694
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejeff View Post
who is this? i also race there. mid and rear both do good, most of the mod buggy drivers have switched to mid, and some of the stock racers have gone to mid also now. it seems like the track can somewhat favor midmotor if that is possible
dezertranger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 AM   #695
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4PT4IN View Post
It seems like a mid to high clay track which means the MM would do well and the RM would as well so its your choice I would think about how wet they run the track because if it is then I would prefer RM but that's just me
Remember, Dahotah Phend won Nat's on the highest traction surface they ran all year with RM. There proves ther is no dirt surface that RM cannot do as well as MM on. That may continue until MM is further developed with things like tires specifically for it (anybody try 4wd fronts?).

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #696
tc1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi650 View Post
The secret plan is for all AE drivers to tank the race so everyone gets up in arms about how the B4 is no longer on par with the other cars. Then they debut the B5 at the next big race and sweep the podium to show the B5 is better than everything else. AE sits back and sells a ton of new kits.
its supposed to be a secret!!!!!!!
tc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #697
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertranger96 View Post
who is this? i also race there. mid and rear both do good, most of the mod buggy drivers have switched to mid, and some of the stock racers have gone to mid also now. it seems like the track can somewhat favor midmotor if that is possible
Jeffrey Chance, I race mod buggy but I haven't raced in a few months and I'm starting back up again. Thanks for the info
chancejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Remember, Dahotah Phend won Nat's on the highest traction surface they ran all year with RM. There proves ther is no dirt surface that RM cannot do as well as MM on. That may continue until MM is further developed with things like tires specifically for it (anybody try 4wd fronts?).
I run b44 fronts on my c4.2
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #699
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)
Default Body

Sure wish AE could have made bodies available early so we could get them to our painters.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #700
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
I run b44 fronts on my c4.2
I've always thought there was opportunity here. Everyone knows that setup is all about the right tires. Maybe with mid, drivers have been handicapped by having to begin with the wrong tires for the weight distribution of the car and having to run a poorly balanced suspension to compensate.

The wide fronts on 4wd are to deal with the increased side-loads that the forward weight bias causes as much as driving traction. Adding weight up front does not automatically increase steering like a lot of people think. It adds load, which must be dealt with.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #701
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I've always thought there was opportunity here. Everyone knows that setup is all about the right tires. Maybe with mid, drivers have been handicapped by having to begin with the wrong tires for the weight distribution of the car and having to run a poorly balanced suspension to compensate.

The wide fronts on 4wd are to deal with the increased side-loads that the forward weight bias causes as much as driving traction. Adding weight up front does not automatically increase steering like a lot of people think. It adds load, which must be dealt with.
I'm going to try 22-4 front wheels on my b5m.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #702
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Team Orion introduce their new Carbon Pro 100C LiPo battery packs. Coming in Team Orion’s patented carbon look hardcase the batteries are build using the latest generation LiPo cells with enhanced energy density, a very low internal resistance and 100C discharge rate. The packs, that are build to meet ROAR, EFRA, BRCA and IFMAR specifications, are 5C chargeable and come in a wide range of configurations including 2S standard, shorty, saddle and saddle block packs as well as a 1/12th 1S pack.

Block pack? same as the square?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #703
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

From just eyeballing it it looks to be the same.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like block pack, looks cool, are thye 4mm or 5mm bullets?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #705
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
I like block pack, looks cool, are thye 4mm or 5mm bullets?
looks like both actually.