Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

My biggest issue right now, and why I have yet to purchase this one, is that I don't see many guys running them at the majority of club tracks. Obviously, if your club track is super grip or high bite than they are great, but I would be concerned with the fact that most tracks just aren't high bite indoor or outdoor.

Anyone successfully using the M version on lesser bite, loamy type tracks?
Old 03-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
My biggest issue right now, and why I have yet to purchase this one, is that I don't see many guys running them at the majority of club tracks. Obviously, if your club track is super grip or high bite than they are great, but I would be concerned with the fact that most tracks just aren't high bite indoor or outdoor.

Anyone successfully using the M version on lesser bite, loamy type tracks?
listen.... "If" your torn or concerned, then the RM is probably for you. We have a guy trying to get one to work out doors. Not loamy, but not high bite. He is faster and more consistent with the RM. He has both btw. Asking people if they are winning with it, its kinda a useless question. I could tell you I tq and win every week, but it means nothing. Who an I racing against? Novice? Low local talent pool. If you are ever in doubt, just get a RM. Easier to drive a car with too much rear traction, than one with too little
Old 03-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rcgman
For people who switched to 3mm trailing axle, Did you also adjust the Ackermann with 1mm on the steering rack and center the caster block with 1mm shims (front & Rear) as per the instructions?

Was curious how important it is to do all three adjustments for 3mm trailing Axle or leave the rack at 2mm for now?

Have people gone to 0mm on the rack with 3mm trailing axle. Does the B5 like more Ackermann?

What has testing shown for people playing around with the front end.
I followed the instructions and the car turns much better. I have a friend that didn't make those changes with the 3mm trailing and he still has some push. I would say it's important. If 3mm doesn't work you could always try 2mm.

Jason
Old 03-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrman41
Its performing.......but just don't break anything. I have been trying to get parts for 4 weeks now!!!! Impossible unless you want to pay triple from people that have them and jack the prices up. Getting frustrated that no parts are available!!!
According to AE parts come in "everyday" so there is no shortage... I just have to shake my head because I check the AE site, Tower and Amain multiple times a day and there is nothing.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
According to AE parts come in "everyday" so there is no shortage... I just have to shake my head because I check the AE site, Tower and Amain multiple times a day and there is nothing.
with backorders, you wont ever see them in stock until back orders are filled. I only ever buy spare when I break. And all of the new cars , always have parts shortage. The TLR22 and RB6 were no different. That is why I keep my old car as a backup if I buy a brand new to the market car. Plus, I like to run them back to back. The slower car normally gets sold.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

She's a lil fatty..... this is with a saddle pack and probably 10 or so extra grams of wire

Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

will any other wheel hexes work besided the b5 ones.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BillPear
I cant believe that you don't realize that Cherry knows everything their is to know, and a bit more than that as well!

I drive both rides , just doing my best to be helpful , friendly and on topic.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougwalter911
will any other wheel hexes work besided the b5 ones.
You can use the B4.2 rear hexes...I have been running them on mine since I got it and they work perfectly.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
You can use the B4.2 rear hexes...I have been running them on mine since I got it and they work perfectly.
would you happen to know if the offset is close to the same. I dont want to be out of spec for roar rules or ifmar
Old 03-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
listen.... "If" your torn or concerned, then the RM is probably for you. We have a guy trying to get one to work out doors. Not loamy, but not high bite. He is faster and more consistent with the RM. He has both btw. Asking people if they are winning with it, its kinda a useless question. I could tell you I tq and win every week, but it means nothing. Who an I racing against? Novice? Low local talent pool. If you are ever in doubt, just get a RM. Easier to drive a car with too much rear traction, than one with too little
+1 on winning, last night our good guys were winning with B4.2, RB6's, 90% driver and set up.

Parts are going to be hard to find, I got extra arms, towers before I build RM and a few small things, surprised we have not seen hop up parts come to market faster from JC and others. All I have seen are battery straps. Car is crazy durable though have not broken one thing yet so my extra parts are still in box.

My take on C4 compared to BMM, not as solid, little more skittish, felt like it was riding on top of the dirt for me while the B5MM is down in the dirt and I can push harder. My son inherited C4.2 last night and loves it. Still 90% driver.

I like the MM car, being in sport since last year and going from b4.1 RTR to B4.2, C4.2 and now B5MM maybe don't have to build a car for awhile , ran car last night was very predicable, didn't crash a lot just need to push harder and run cleaner lines. I like the 2mm trailing with standard Ackerman tons of steering, fits my driving. I like flat arms for quick ride height tuning but for time being may play with shocks. I did stock set up but used tapered since I had them, but may try 1.6 in rear. Really want to lighten it up a little for stock so that is my mission for now along with new JC body.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Anyone looking for spares give SDRC a call, they have some parts on the wall. I picked up a hard front tower and they had 3-4 more of them. No front arms though.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
She's a lil fatty..... this is with a saddle pack and probably 10 or so extra grams of wire

I'm 1590 with shorty, got FT battery strap and new top shaft, hope to be 1575.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cridd
+1 on winning, last night our good guys were winning with B4.2, RB6's, 90% driver and set up.

Parts are going to be hard to find, I got extra arms, towers before I build RM and a few small things, surprised we have not seen hop up parts come to market faster from JC and others. All I have seen are battery straps. Car is crazy durable though have not broken one thing yet so my extra parts are still in box.

My take on C4 compared to BMM, not as solid, little more skittish, felt like it was riding on top of the dirt for me while the B5MM is down in the dirt and I can push harder. My son inherited C4.2 last night and loves it. Still 90% driver.

I like the MM car, being in sport since last year and going from b4.1 RTR to B4.2, C4.2 and now B5MM maybe don't have to build a car for awhile , ran car last night was very predicable, didn't crash a lot just need to push harder and run cleaner lines. I like the 2mm trailing with standard Ackerman tons of steering, fits my driving. I like flat arms for quick ride height tuning but for time being may play with shocks. I did stock set up but used tapered since I had them, but may try 1.6 in rear. Really want to lighten it up a little for stock so that is my mission for now along with new JC body.

The rm is stupid light and with pucks, guys will probably need to add weight. I am sure the MM can be made very light. people forget that the esc weight. Some esc's are 40 grams heavier. Those all alum v3.1 and the orions and bricks. The tekin gen2 is 40 grams lighter than the orion, and the viper is about 20 grams lighter. Some of the old sxx and smaller lrps, mught be really light too. 12awg wire is heavier than the TQ 13 awg wire. Add in some TI screws and turnbuckles and you "should" be able to get the car into the mid 1500's. Imo, if you get below 1550, it should be fine. Also, the 150 gram 3300 mah shorties might work for guys doing 5 minutes races. Plus, all of the alum bling, only adds more weight. I would only put it where you need it for durability.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Is anyone out there running Proline wheels? Looking at them vs. the JC's, they seem to have a nice inset for the wheel nuts - one less thing to catch on a tube/track marker!

Is there a specific 7mm wrench that works best for them? Some wrenches don't fit into the recess to grab the nut properly.

Lastly, and this sounds dumb, but has anyone had issues gluing JC rubber to Proline wheels? No fitment issues? Yes, all of the tires now a days are 2.2, but when you mix and match rubber tires and plastic wheels, well, I dunno if JC sat there and designed their tire to fit all wheels or simply their own (& vice versa with other manfu.).
Never had problem with mix and match. Avid wheels are pretty good too. Run Reedy's for a year stick and shorties, charge at 6 amps, store them fully charged after I race and no issues. Good to go when I hit track. My shorty Orion's and protech have puff with same scenario but not stick Orion's or any Reedy's with my bad battery policy.

Last edited by Cridd; 03-22-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.