R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #6226
Tech Addict

on the esc's and motors in stock.. make sure your motor is cleaned and lubed first.. I helped a kid just do his motor who had his car spotless, and the outside of motor spotless but it was just kinda slow.. I took the motor out and cleaned it really good.. lubed the bearings and reset the timing and put it back in.. wow it was like a whole different motor.. and it wasn't even that dirty inside..

most of the newer esc's are pretty good.. I like the lrp stuff.. but orions are great.. hobbywing is great.. novak has some really nice ones too. and a bunch of others as well..
rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #6227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG View Post
Any idea what the amp draw would be on a boosted 17.5 in a 2wd buggy?
Absolutely dependent on what your timing is of your motor. Timing changes amp draw significantly.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #6228
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is there a ball park max amp draw with timing maxed out?
GTSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #6229
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
By SS do you mean the 1.68 software?
the 20111208 or something like that from the 1.71 orion software.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #6230
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG View Post
Is there a ball park max amp draw with timing maxed out?
a while back I put a watt meter in my car and did a few hard laps around my track. I pulled max 62 amps. What does that mean? It means I pull 62 amps in my car with my motor on my track. It was a lower bite track so the max pull might be higher on your track. I did the same thing while doing the slipper test and it was about 75 amps. the watt meter saves the highest value. no idea on the average.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #6231
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Currently running on a medium bite dirt/clay track. The car needs a bit more bite so I can be a bit more aggressive. I currently run 3-1 toe/anti-squat. If I switch to 3-2 what would this do for my car? The track has many double double jumps and it tends to jump a bit nose high in two of the sections.

Coming from a TLR 22 2.0 in rm a month ago, so still learning the variations in setup for MM.

I run mod class btw.
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #6232
Tech Legend

Don't use 2 degree squat for extra grip !
Instead ?
Go 0 degree..

Nose high is from the rear slapping the jumps, try to roll slower & closer before popping over the jump.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #6233
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybeau40 View Post
Currently running on a medium bite dirt/clay track. The car needs a bit more bite so I can be a bit more aggressive. I currently run 3-1 toe/anti-squat. If I switch to 3-2 what would this do for my car? The track has many double double jumps and it tends to jump a bit nose high in two of the sections.

Coming from a TLR 22 2.0 in rm a month ago, so still learning the variations in setup for MM.

I run mod class btw.
I had a jump on the last layout that made me go nose high, I had to apply brake as soon as i left the face to pitch the car. You wont get rear bite like the 22rm. I have a 22 rm and I cant make the thing turn because of the rear bite. You have to drive the mm different. I find if you drive it hard and try to throttle the last 1/3 of the turn, it can whip out on you. stay smooth and even on the throttle in the corner and throttle up once your straight. Like cherry said, you can try the 3-0. I run the 3-2 on high bite. also if your rear is slapping, you might want to go up 2.5 on the oils. I had similar issue when the oil was too light.

I also have a tire in my box that I put on the front when ever I want the car to calm down. and let me drive it hard.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #6234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the 20111208 or something like that from the 1.71 orion software.
Thanks. I'm completely unfamiliar with orion stuff but the ROAR site says only 1.68 is legal for blinky.

A couple weeks ago we had a local who normally runs mod, run blinky with a R10 pro and reedy mach2 and people were saying his buggy was ballistic (I wasn't there).

He's definitely not the type to cheat so I don't think he did anything against the rules, just wondering if there's anything to the orion thing.

Last edited by RC*PHREAK; 07-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #6235
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Thanks. I'm completely unfamiliar with orion stuff but the ROAR site says only 1.68 is legal for blinky.

A couple weeks ago we had a local who normally runs mod, run blinky with a R10 pro and reedy mach2 and people were saying his buggy was ballistic (I wasn't there).

He's definitely not the type to cheat so I don't think he did anything against the rules, just wondering if there's anything to the orion thing.
roar approved the original firmware, then orion release a new and a rumored, but unproven cheater firmware.

All i know is my car was definitely faster with it. We did a few blind tests and people could feel the difference. Lol, my buddies kids didnt like it because he said it was too fast and asked his take to put the slower one on.

I heard the rumors and tried it for myself. IMO it definetly feels suspect. But people run that firmware at all of the races i have seen. I dont think they check the firmware, just if it blinks. which is does.

also, the orion brakes are unbelievably good. I call them magic. they grip hard, but are smooth and controlled. Best brakes I have ever tried. And i tried a few
Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #6236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
roar approved the original firmware, then orion release a new and a rumored, but unproven cheater firmware.

All i know is my car was definitely faster with it. We did a few blind tests and people could feel the difference. Lol, my buddies kids didnt like it because he said it was too fast and asked his take to put the slower one on.

I heard the rumors and tried it for myself. IMO it definetly feels suspect. But people run that firmware at all of the races i have seen. I dont think they check the firmware, just if it blinks. which is does.

also, the orion brakes are unbelievably good. I call them magic. they grip hard, but are smooth and controlled. Best brakes I have ever tried. And i tried a few
Liegh
you referring to the R10 speed control? you think that firmware is in the r10stock speed control? waiting on Reedy blackbox speed control but just might check that one out for the price
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #6237
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Liegh
you referring to the R10 speed control? you think that firmware is in the r10stock speed control? waiting on Reedy blackbox speed control but just might check that one out for the price
I dont know if that firmware is available for the Stock Spec r10. I dont even for sure know it is cheater firmware. I just feels like it. And then there are the rumors. The black box will be pricey. I just buy lightly used in great condition r10 pro on here for 100-110. I try to save cash where i can
Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #6238
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Can someone post a solid setup for a 90x60 indoor, damp, medium bite (black/green JC dirt webs) Tight/technical layout....using a Reedy sonic 8.0 and a Reedy 4100 shorty pack.....thank you
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #6239
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Which software version are you guys rendering too? I can't tell which is which or which is newer.
flintTRDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #6240
Tech Prophet

I am at work. it has an "11" in it. something like 081112. I am told the firmware versions are actually dates. so that firmware is nov 8 2011. The other one is a smaller number.