R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 01-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #586
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

lol, i thought the same thing...lol
Old 01-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #587
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

AE took most all the B5 parts of the website for some reason.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #588
Tech Prophet

I know a few people were ordering or trying to order b5 parts. maybe that was why. There was almost enough parts on the site to buy them all and build the car...granted expensive
Old 01-22-2014, 12:46 PM   #589
Tech Rookie

i noticed that too. i wonder if they are just updating...
chiphibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default good press release

I like the latest interview much better. Looks like one of the B5m I have coming I might have to build for myself.
It was funny how all the AE guys are saying that its all about the mid motor cars and people are still trying to keep rear motor alive. It the audio interview he basically says if you run on anything other than a blown out, out door track mid motor is the way to go. Cav's statement is I have not gone to a track where rear motor is faster recently.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #591
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ohhhhhhhhhh man that video has me hooked!! When the RM version got a video I was a little put off
C4PT4IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #592
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So are we all getting played? will there be a B5m or two at the reedy? a little gamesmanship from AE to make other manufacturers think they would be running the Centro again? If theres two, there could be 10, more people were excited about MM than the RM, so why not play it up and make everyone think they weren't ready. I cant wait to get mine that's all I know.
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
I like the latest interview much better. Looks like one of the B5m I have coming I might have to build for myself.
It was funny how all the AE guys are saying that its all about the mid motor cars and people are still trying to keep rear motor alive. It the audio interview he basically says if you run on anything other than a blown out, out door track mid motor is the way to go. Cav's statement is I have not gone to a track where rear motor is faster recently.
He must have selective memory. Anyone recall who won the sugar track 2013 Roar 2wd national title?

That being said, I'll likely have the MM B5 for 2wd mod next year
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #594
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I find it hard to believe there are only a couple B5Ms in existence. Unless the photos of the parts on their site are prototypes (which they do not appear to be), the tooling is built and they could mold all the parts they need to assemble as many buggies as they wanted.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #595
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
Ryan: The mid-motor platform seems to produce more corner speed on almost every surface compared to a rear-motor car. It's not for everyone, however, as sometimes it is difficult to find the right shock package for the track you are at. For your average racer a rear motor car is a lot more versatile then a mid motor, and less sensitive to tire and setup.

this is why people will run RM. I dont run indoors like many rctech driver. Also, maifield runs on nice tracks that are groomed. not everyone has that

The Engr said the MM was an indoor car with tight turns. And rm for 8th scale tracks. Us outdoor guys will still run RM. Also, I am sure the rtr version will be a RM config
Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #596
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
He must have selective memory. Anyone recall who won the sugar track 2013 Roar 2wd national title?
Dakotah with his rm 22 2.0 did.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #597
Tech Prophet

lol, he was being sarcastic bilster, lol.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Ryan: The mid-motor platform seems to produce more corner speed on almost every surface compared to a rear-motor car. It's not for everyone, however, as sometimes it is difficult to find the right shock package for the track you are at. For your average racer a rear motor car is a lot more versatile then a mid motor, and less sensitive to tire and setup.

this is why people will run RM. I dont run indoors like many rctech driver. Also, maifield runs on nice tracks that are groomed. not everyone has that

The Engr said the MM was an indoor car with tight turns. And rm for 8th scale tracks. Us outdoor guys will still run RM. Also, I am sure the rtr version will be a RM config
Amen, I race at a non for profit race track during the summer(conditions change qualifier to qualifier). So traction can be there and not there, and its also rained during races. Rear motor for me!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #599
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So the question is when did OCRC get rid of their Christmas tree? This video could have possibly been filmed over a month ago, and until very recently even Kody said there was only "one mule". Liars, they're all liars.
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

So will a shorty pack fit in the center of the tray with the leads toward the front of the car or would it be too long?