R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #5176
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
they can do it because the car carries so much corner speed. What you lose in acceleration, you more than make up for. With that said, if I was to run this car in 17.5, I would focus on rotating mass. I don't care what the scale says for the overall car. I want the rotating mass as light as possible.
I agree on the rotating mass. I did that with my RM car. I would only question dropping 2 much weight in the rear and messing with the balance. Right now out track is 80% 180s and a lot of them. And short run ups to some jumps. With my kids 22, which weight a lot more than a B5RM, I can only clear the jumps for 3 minutes. Same battery/motor in my b5 RM can clear the jumps for 8+ minutes. A few locals that run the B5M in stock say it handles great, but just to heavy to keep up with the speed of the RM B5's
Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #5177
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
I would like to see a picture of a clamping front hex for a b5. I don't understand how or why you would want or need them. Isn't your hex built into the front axle?
TR
The clamping hex requires you to use the new axle also so you have to get both. Which are both out of stock at associated
I dont know why I did it it truly does not matter in terms of performance. The only other reason I can think of to switch is when the kits first came out. Builders were not lock "titeing" the screw that retains the axle thus when it came off you lost the crush tube the screw itself and possibly a bearing.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #5178
Tech Regular

I ran the rm front arms last night and I'm not sure seemed to lose a hair of steering but it reacted faster to my inputs and didn't feel quite as lazy as the gull wings. Hope that makes sense. I wish I could race on sat er days but I can't so I'll be doing friday. Hope to move to mod soon but need more practice. Last night I got better and can now do consistent 21 sec laps at w3...not great but a lot better that ln last week.
scythe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #5179
Tech Prophet

I do think its slightly easier to mount the rim with the thicker alum hexes. Otherwise, yeah there is no performance gain.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #5180
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Shared these on B5 Nation a few days back, figured I'd share them here too.

TK
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5m.jpg   Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5minside.jpg  
Old 06-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #5181
Tech Adept

Pics of the b5m Sweep Racing body. My favorite out right now.
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg
SilentHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #5182
Tech Regular

I have an older trinity fantom 17.5 and I'm torn between getting a new hacker 17.5 and the pucks or to just suck it up and wait till i get better and just buy a mod motor
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #5183
Tech Adept

Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg
SilentHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #5184
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe23 View Post
I have an older trinity fantom 17.5 and I'm torn between getting a new hacker 17.5 and the pucks or to just suck it up and wait till i get better and just buy a mod motor
Umm, cheaper to just go mod, lol. But if you plan to run stock MM at w3 and the new SRS, I would open up your wallet. 17.5 has been so competitive over the past year locally, and some layout are going to be hard with a heavy car. Plus lowering the weight will help motor temps. I know you just painted up proline, but if it does not cool the motor enough, look at the sweep body. It has a huge cut out spot right above the motor. it looks kinda like a ramp air system, lol. On the hacker? locals swear by them, but i have not tried one yet. I mainly run reedy, but I might try out the SMC motors.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #5185
Tech Regular

Yeah I'm up in the air right now. I already put ceramic diff bearings and aluminum top shaft in but don't know if i wanna drop the cash for a pucks or not. I guess i have to make up my mind if I'm going mod or not and soon cause i need a new motor
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #5186
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Yeah I'm up in the air right now. I already put ceramic diff bearings and aluminum top shaft in but don't know if i wanna drop the cash for a pucks or not. I guess i have to make up my mind if I'm going mod or not and soon cause i need a new motor
I like stock, but it is kind of a money pit. And IMO the MM car makes it even worse, lol. I have the pucks on my RM car. I would NOT say they feel like they give more power. But they did free up the rear of my car more. Didnt really notice any motor temp changes either. Are you running the avid slipper also?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #5187
Tech Regular

I have the schelle slipper and I'm gonna pick up the schelle bearing kit for the rest of the car too. Question for you. I have a Tekin RS ams rs pro that work fine is it worth the 200 to upgrade to a hacker or lrp speedo? I'm new to electric and just don't get how they would be that much better or if i should just wait till i need a new one
Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #5188
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
I have the schelle slipper and I'm gonna pick up the schelle bearing kit for the rest of the car too. Question for you. I have a Tekin RS ams rs pro that work fine is it worth the 200 to upgrade to a hacker or lrp speedo? I'm new to electric and just don't get how they would be that much better or if i should just wait till i need a new one
Both worth upgrading, especially with the tunability of the Tekins.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #5189
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta View Post
Both worth upgrading, especially with the tunability of the Tekins.
lol, I didnt get your post. Your saying he should upgrade the Tekins or keep them because of their tunability? Personally of all the esc's I have tried, I hated the tekins the most. It was like driving an on/off switch.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #5190
Tech Elite

I love my tekins way better then novack
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote