R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 06-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #5161
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe23 View Post
I just put on flat arms and shock tower and switched to 3mm inserts to try at the warehouse so if I make it tonight I'll let you know what the difference I felt
Let me know how you like them. I think I don't like them. Now I did a few changes, so I can't say 100% it was the arms. It was to aggressive for me and I struggled all day just trying not to crash. I could barely run consistant and only got one 18sec lap while it was 19's and 20's with a few 22+'s...lol
This Saturday I'm planning on going back to the M arms and tower. It just might be my style though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe23 View Post
If we could get more people running mod for more mains I would def run mod. I don't care if i lose but honestly I don't want to get in the really good guys way if there is only one main
I just bumped up to mod a couple weeks ago. There was a full a & B main.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I plan to get the Lunsford Turnbuckles, Alum suspension holders and alum rear camber block. The plastic suspension holders are fine, but the alum ones with inserts have more and easier tuning. The alum camber block and Turnbuckles are just a durability thing. A lot of guys are running the flat RM front arms and tower plus the RM rear arms for more forward sweep. This is a tuning option. you may not need it, but want for tuning.
You going to be at W3 this Saturday?
J_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #5162
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Not yet jason. Still moving to gilbert on the weekends. I hope to start making saturdays in 2 weeks. So just Wednesdays for now.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #5163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Not yet jason. Still moving to gilbert on the weekends. I hope to start making saturdays in 2 weeks. So just Wednesdays for now.
AH ok. I cant do week days at W3. To far to drive before a 4 am work day. In two weeks I'm going to be in San Diego and I'm going to hit SDRC since it's right where I grew up.. lol To bad it wasn't there when I was.

I want to get some comparison's on setups. I think I have to do some more testing as I did the Maifield setup and I can't drive it. I originally had the Steve Hartman testing setup and it was good for me.
J_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #5164
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
Question.....do I have the camber link mount on right?. Do the thick mounts go on top or bottom?I measured from the chassie to the top of the ball with the stock and aluminum mount the way it is now is as close to stock as possible.
Thick up is +2mm and down is -2mm over stock

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #5165
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Jmuck sent you a pm
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #5166
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Is there an embargo against the clamping front hexes from AE??? WTF is the delay?
been waiting on mine for a while also. got the rear hex and the front axle, but no front hex yet...hopefully soon
Old 06-11-2014, 03:59 AM   #5167
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_guy View Post
been waiting on mine for a while also. got the rear hex and the front axle, but no front hex yet...hopefully soon
I would like to see a picture of a clamping front hex for a b5. I don't understand how or why you would want or need them. Isn't your hex built into the front axle?
TRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #5168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
I would like to see a picture of a clamping front hex for a b5. I don't understand how or why you would want or need them. Isn't your hex built into the front axle?
http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/91409/
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #5169
Tech Elite

Top Shaft comparison guys..
weight, any extra bits needed/reused?

AE Steel, AE Alum, MIP (4.5g spacer built in), Exotek (5g reuse kit spacer?), ?? and go.

Last edited by Mason; 06-11-2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: not sure if anyone has checked the AE Alum or if there are others than the ones listed.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #5170
Tech Prophet

So, I got my MM car all put together last night. I knew it would be heavier, but holy crap, lol. 1600+ grams with no body and a shorty. Thank goodness I plan to run mod soon. I would not want to push that around with a 17.5. If the car drives poorly, I might do a few things to drop weight. Also, that was with the triad, no chassis tape and a smallish viper vtx10 esc. It makes a 22 look like a feather weight car. Where do you think all of that weight comes from? The alum chassis cant weight 100 grams more.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #5171
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
So, I got my MM car all put together last night. I knew it would be heavier, but holy crap, lol. 1600+ grams with no body and a shorty. Thank goodness I plan to run mod soon. I would not want to push that around with a 17.5. If the car drives poorly, I might do a few things to drop weight. Also, that was with the triad, no chassis tape and a smallish viper vtx10 esc. It makes a 22 look like a feather weight car. Where do you think all of that weight comes from? The alum chassis cant weight 100 grams more.
My car is 1680 out of the box with a square battery and it works great. In fact, when I ran it lighter, it sucked. Don't buy into all the hype that you must be lighter. That stuff works for 17.5, but this isn't 17.5
Old 06-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #5172
Tech Prophet

It may very well work great, I was just surprised. I get my first runs tonight. Looking forward to it. But I still dont see how people can run this car box stock in 17.5.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #5173
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
It may very well work great, I was just surprised. I get my first runs tonight. Looking forward to it. But I still dont see how people can run this car box stock in 17.5.
they can do it because the car carries so much corner speed. What you lose in acceleration, you more than make up for. With that said, if I was to run this car in 17.5, I would focus on rotating mass. I don't care what the scale says for the overall car. I want the rotating mass as light as possible.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #5174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Is there an embargo against the clamping front hexes from AE??? WTF is the delay?
Dude they are all over ebay the shipping is cheaper too!
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #5175
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WC I'd like to see some pics of the comparison between the three that sound interesting