R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #4981
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I got up early this morning to try out my new Wolfpack shorty and a little different setup. I really do like how it drives with the shorty but honestly, I'm still not happy with it - the car is still difficult to drive. Man, my B5RM had so much traction coming on to the straight that it could do wheelies sometimes. B5M, not so much. I actually went so far as to put .5 toe in out back. It's worst coming on to the straight and when off power coasting into sharp turns. Starting to wonder if the MM just isn't for me. The 4wd car on the other hand was a really treat to drive today! I just can't get enough of driving that car!
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #4982
Tech Regular
 
Rybeau40's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
I got up early this morning to try out my new Wolfpack shorty and a little different setup. I really do like how it drives with the shorty but honestly, I'm still not happy with it - the car is still difficult to drive. Man, my B5RM had so much traction coming on to the straight that it could do wheelies sometimes. B5M, not so much. I actually went so far as to put .5 toe in out back. It's worst coming on to the straight and when off power coasting into sharp turns. Starting to wonder if the MM just isn't for me. The 4wd car on the other hand was a really treat to drive today! I just can't get enough of driving that car!
Have you tried it with 0 anti-squat?
__________________
Kyosho Lazer ZX-6R 10.1 Orion pro, Spektrum 6040
Team Associated B5M, Hitec servo Mod class, 10.0 Orion
Futaba 4PLS
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #4983
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

GTI, is that 17.5 or mod?
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #4984
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybeau40 View Post
Have you tried it with 0 anti-squat?
No, it doesn't come with a 0 anti-squat does it? I think, but am not sure, that I would have to sources the aluminum piece plus the little plastic inserts. Do you happen to know anywhere that has them?
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #4985
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
GTI, is that 17.5 or mod?
7.5 modified with a 22t pinion. The nice thing is that it runs really cool.

I wonder how much differently it would drive if I moved the ESC back into the battery tray? I can also move the battery back one thin pad but I can't imagine it would make the car hook up like I want it to.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #4986
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
7.5 modified with a 22t pinion. The nice thing is that it runs really cool.

I wonder how much differently it would drive if I moved the ESC back into the battery tray? I can also move the battery back one thin pad but I can't imagine it would make the car hook up like I want it to.
I am sure you know this, but did you try the 75 tooth spur to move the motor back.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #4987
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am sure you know this, but did you try the 75 tooth spur to move the motor back.
I tried using a smaller pinion but not a spur. I wonder which one makes a bigger difference, 7 teeth on the spur or 2 on the pinion?
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #4988
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
I tried using a smaller pinion but not a spur. I wonder which one makes a bigger difference, 7 teeth on the spur or 2 on the pinion?
well, with a smaller spur, you will probably use a smaller pinion. motor depending. So both.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #4989
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
well, with a smaller spur, you will probably use a smaller pinion. motor depending. So both.
Might be fun to try the 96t 64 pitch gear (same as a 72t 48p). Is 75 the sweet spot people have been finding?
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #4990
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

GTI
Hey remember all my trouble with the Centro ?

Was not the car, just needed to learn how to drive & tune a mid motor.

Once I understood mid motor tune & driving I went respectably quick.
B5r had made me even quicker then the C4.

Look how quick I'v been going, this car is awesome ...

NO way anyone could take it from me..

you need to post your setup including Esc setting & motor timing & gear
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #4991
Tech Champion
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,580
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Shove it back even further... LOL!

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...-Spur-Gear-49T
__________________
Kyle Predmore
FB AE Fanboy/Insta @ae_fanboy
Sticky Kicks RC\Prolevel RC\MIP\Schelle
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #4992
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
GTI
Hey remember all my trouble with the Centro ?

Was not the car, just needed to learn how to drive & tune a mid motor.

Once I understood mid motor tune & driving I went respectably quick.
B5r had made me even quicker then the C4.

Look how quick I'v been going, this car is awesome ...

NO way anyone could take it from me..

you need to post your setup including Esc setting & motor timing & gear

Went back at lunch for a couple more packs. Sort of interesting as I put another set of tires on the back - same everything except the ones I've been using, the foam feels a little bit worn out. BAM! lots of traction and the weird stuff it was doing is gone. I know it's not the tire itself because we can run till there's absolutely nothing left for tread (when it's not very wet). Anyway I guess the foam is just shot in there.

I also played around a little bit with the battery further back and it felt like there was the "stall" and a funky little annoying push right in the middle of the corner. Moved it back forward and it felt better. Plus it jumped funky.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #4993
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

When the outside ribs start wearing off your favorite front tires do you keep running them as is, cut the ribs off, or toss em? Proline says the ribs are there to reduce the aggressiveness of them and I've run fronts with the ribs gone before but wondering what you guys do. Scrubs or barcodes are a good example.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #4994
Tech Master
 
3srcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Less anti squat= ???
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #4995
Tech Regular
 
brad996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3srcracing View Post
Less anti squat= ???
To me it adds more rear grip
__________________
SIRCS, Asylum Xtreme
TLR 22 4.0, TLR 22 3.0 lay down, TLR 22-4 2.0 Yokomo BD8/SV, Yokomo YR10F
brad996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net