R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #4141
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

lol. yep its all the same. you should skip the flat arms
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #4142
Tech Legend

Default Alloy rear camber brace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
Doesn't 4mm on the low side of the aluminum rear ballstud mount just equal to if you ran it on the built in +2 high side ? I know using 2mm washers on the low side puts it at "zero" (like plastic mount with no washers).
Could of just flipped it , no shims..

Or

no flip, but can adjust the amount of shim's for more tuneability.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #4143
Tech Legend

seems like the shock eye is below the front bulk head with the gull

Flat arm shock eye is even if a little above on bulk head

Get sure the top shock eye is a whole hole different between the two.

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-06-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #4144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

tower closer on the top, and shocks laid down more.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #4145
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to slappomatt

thank you. I will look into it. Didnt notice it in the pics.

ETA is anyone running hard arms? I am wondering how they handle regular racing. I am affraid they might be brittle?

ETA 2 wouldnt running your shocks on the inner hole at the top do basically the same thing?
slappomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #4146
Tech Legend

@ the track

Just installed the new Ae alloy hubs...(black)

Number's facing same side as shocks.
middle of arm
Camber location is inside hole

using 3mm spacing under stud & 4mm spacing under alloy chassis camber stud
Old 05-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #4147
Tech Adept

Check out the relation to the lower shock mount and pivot points of lower arm. Also check out tower mounting bolts vs upper shock mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5-gullwing.jpg   Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5-flat-arm.jpg  
Hacksback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #4148
Tech Initiate

So, after trying to get out of the hobby I am pulled back in and have a B5M on the way. I just wanted to make sure all my basis are covered after reading through so many pages of this thread. As of now I am not going to do the little things that I see the more vet people doing (cutting and what not). I plan on racing this in stock and as of now my driving skills are still whats slowing me down. So here is what I got for the B5M.

Lunsford Ti Turnbuckle
B5 Front Shock Tower and Arms

Any other things I am missing?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #4149
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhSPAWN View Post
So, after trying to get out of the hobby I am pulled back in and have a B5M on the way. I just wanted to make sure all my basis are covered after reading through so many pages of this thread. As of now I am not going to do the little things that I see the more vet people doing (cutting and what not). I plan on racing this in stock and as of now my driving skills are still whats slowing me down. So here is what I got for the B5M.

Lunsford Ti Turnbuckle

the rear alum camber link would be good for durability. In the past it has appeared to be a little weak.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #4150
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Lunsford Ti Turnbuckle

Think you got it right to first concentrate on your driving skills. Once you start competing with the other drivers in your class you can get an aluminum top shaft, mip puck system, slipper eliminator. This car is great right out of the box. I would build it per the manual before doing anything. Get used to the stock setup first so you can compare any changes to stock when you make them. You made the right decision with this model. Super strong and drives great. Enjoy the build and good racing to you.
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #4151
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the rear alum camber link would be good for durability. In the past it has appeared to be a little weak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
Think you got it right to first concentrate on your driving skills. Once you start competing with the other drivers in your class you can get an aluminum top shaft, mip puck system, slipper eliminator. This car is great right out of the box. I would build it per the manual before doing anything. Get used to the stock setup first so you can compare any changes to stock when you make them. You made the right decision with this model. Super strong and drives great. Enjoy the build and good racing to you.
Thank you for the information. Could I get a link for alum camber link and the slipper eliminator?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #4152
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thank you for the information. Could I get a link for alum camber link and the slipper eliminator?
you can get what ever you want. personally I would hold off on the slipper eliminator. I know a lot of people that dislike it. If you want to shed rotating mass, then I would get the AVID Triad slipper. The stock slipper is pretty heavy for 17.5. And temps could be an issue in 17.5
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #4153
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
you can get what ever you want. personally I would hold off on the slipper eliminator. I know a lot of people that dislike it. If you want to shed rotating mass, then I would get the AVID Triad slipper. The stock slipper is pretty heavy for 17.5. And temps could be an issue in 17.5
Awesome, thanks for the information.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #4154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Here you go. http://www.exotekracing.com/

Heard different opinions on eliminator. I run a tight slipper anyway so I was used to controlling things with my trigger finger. Definitely an item you can wait on until you have a chance to practice some more. FYI, I had tightened my stock slipper to the max to emulate an eliminator but still had the associated weight of a slipper. Normally, you want to back off the throttle when landing with a tight slipper or eliminator but I have not had a problem stripping idler gears to date. The 17.5 does not have the torque of my 7.5 (strip idler gears frequently on my sc10) so probably not so critical to be off the throttle on landings.
Micah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #4155
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah123 View Post
Here you go. http://www.exotekracing.com/

Heard different opinions on eliminator. I run a tight slipper anyway so I was used to controlling things with my trigger finger. Definitely an item you can wait on until you have a chance to practice some more. FYI, I had tightened my stock slipper to the max to emulate an eliminator but still had the associated weight of a slipper. Normally, you want to back off the throttle when landing with a tight slipper or eliminator but I have not had a problem stripping idler gears to date. The 17.5 does not have the torque of my 7.5 (strip idler gears frequently on my sc10) so probably not so critical to be off the throttle on landings.
I think the 2 pad slipper with vented disks is a better way in stock. Only reason is dont like the idea of the trans taking a big hit on big air landings or crashes. It will also transmit back to the motor too. Just my 2 cents
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote