Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Rev
Hmm I thought it was one of the best. Funny how many people on RC tech don't know what sarcasm is.
It's not the people on the forum, it's forum forum itself that creates the problem. A recent study of digital communications by the University of Michigan found that while the sender of a communication (email, IM, text, etc) felt that his/her message was understood 90% of the time in fact it was only understood ~ 40% of the time. These were simple messages. The point is that people are not usually tone deaf or lacking the capacity to get a joke, it's digital communication that is the problem.

When we use these forums we can't see each other's facial expressions or body language, and any good salesman will tell you that you can ignore most of what a potential customer says and just focus on those cues if you want to make the sale!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Rev
Hmm I thought it was one of the best. Funny how many people on RC tech don't know what sarcasm is.
+1. I thought some people would understand some humor...guess not.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Alright guys, you want to know why gull-wing arms on the MM then here it goes:
Shock angle progressiveness. Arm shock mounts like the OG RC8 and the T4 produce a softer shock the more it is compressed, OTH the lower the shock mount relative to arm the harder the shock gets the more it is compressed. That's why the MM gets a "stiffer" front shock package by design than the RM variety.
Stiffer front package? Keep it clean...
Old 12-31-2013, 07:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
+1. I thought some people would understand some humor...guess not.
When you take in to consideration that a lot of people on this board can't string together a simple sentence or use proper grammar and spelling it's really hard to determine sarcasm without some outright obvious clues.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

What excites me about this car is actually what it says about their next 4wd car. The ball diffs will be upgraded. Larger rear bearings with captured pin cv's. Beefier arms, etc.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What do you guys think of the SMC shortys? Thinking about picking a few up for the B5:

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=127
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
What do you guys think of the SMC shortys? Thinking about picking a few up for the B5:

Bought one to try out and it had noticeably very good punch. I expect to buy from them again.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Bought one to try out and it had noticeably very good punch. I expect to buy from them again.
I run 5000mah 60c packs and I am nervous about going down in capacity, although I shouldn't be, I have never run a pack down below 3.8 per cell, even with 5 min mains.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Got a couple shorties the middle of last year and they were swelled a little out of the package. I emailed them and they said it was normal because the case was thin and they stuff as much battery as possible into it or something like that. They seemed to run fine but didn't like the fact that they were pre-puffed. Decent for the price but there are better options out there in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I run 5000mah 60c packs and I am nervous about going down in capacity, although I shouldn't be, I have never run a pack down below 3.8 per cell, even with 5 min mains.
I'm the same way. A few years ago I didn't pay much attention to cutoffs and my packs wouldn't last long. Now I time all my runs so pack is never below 3.8 per cell. I have Nano-Tech packs that I bought 3 years ago and they are still going strong.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
It specifically lists all metric on the rm, but seems to be missing in the mm specs
If this car is all metric I'll buy it
I will see it when I believe it. Just buy it so you can have some fun again in mod buggy.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Got a couple shorties the middle of last year and they were swelled a little out of the package. I emailed them and they said it was normal because the case was thin and they stuff as much battery as possible into it or something like that. They seemed to run fine but didn't like the fact that they were pre-puffed. Decent for the price but there are better options out there in my opinion.
Same issue here. All SMC batteries seem to swell. I switched to Protek batteries, thicker cases and seem to be better all around.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I picked up a few EA Motorsports batteries from the shop I frequently visit and have not been disappointed yet.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Care to share the better options for the money?
Old 12-31-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Care to share the better options for the money?
I got some of these and they work great. A little more than SMC and a little less than ProTek packs but as good or better than anything out there. And I know a guy who will discharge at 20amps and immediately recharge at 40amps in blinky and they show no signs of puffing/damage.

https://www.aero-model.com/4_159_196...0-2S80PRO.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.