Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Don't know if it's already been asked, does anyone know what size batteries are Hartson Denny and Thielke are using? Short or saddle/square?
I imagine we will see a setup ASAP from the JConcepts race, but as of this picture, it looks like Tanner is running a square pack.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
so the 22 turnbuckles will work going on the b5?
They should work fine. The stock steel TBs are 2.06 and the Losi 22 TBs are 2.00. If you look at the FT TBs on the parts page for the B5 those are 2.00 as well. I ordered two sets of the Lunsford Losi 22 TBs for my B5 and B5M.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
My report:

First, I threw a 44.2 rod shock end on my left front to actually drive the car today because it cracked badly when popping the ball into it. Seemed to thread right on.

Second - My setup is the OCRC test setup or whatever you call it but 2.5 or 2 weight lower in oil because we have ice and snow here.

Third - was the first B5 at the track and EVERYONE was watching. Oh well! Been in big A_mains before!

Fourth - the car drives a lot like the B4. It might jump a little different. Maybe worse, maybe better - depends on the driver but I think it lands MUCH better and soaks up the bigger "hits" on a straight at speed better. So if you have a big jump to "full throttle", that's where it feels better than the B4 to me.

Fifth - still hate that I have to have my steering at right 64 to have it straight. Full on OCD!

The 4.2FT body fits if you hack it up then heat the rear mount area till it's flexible, take a nickel or quarter then push it up to fit nicely

The stock steel links do bend if you run into plywood. They bend back nicely and hold their new shape ok Hope to have my Lunsford asap.

Your front wheel MIGHT fall off if you don't take the front axle screws off and re-loctite them again. I have no idea how I would know that Except that my front left wheel fell off during practice! Do if you didn't loctite it, do it 2X and if you did, do another "coat" of blue loctite!

Anyway, the car drives a lot like the 4.2 IMO but is much more refined in the electronics and also has better composure landing a jump and getting on the throttle.
You do know we run a comfortable 65+ at OC_RC right?
Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F18engineguy
I use shrink wrap and it works great. No reason to think it takes up weight.
Is it "invisible shrink wrap" that weighs nothing? Otherwise every gram over 1499 counts as far as I'm concerned!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
You do know we run a comfortable 65+ at OC_RC right?
Um, yeah - that's frigging warm compared to here. That's why I went lighter.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WolfAusti
Has anyone else noticed the slipper is a little too much for this vehicle? I barely have the nut on there and it's borderline too tight. Very fine increments of adjustment in either direction cause it to be either too tight or too loose. Should I sand my slipper pads down to get more slip/range of adjustment?
I know a couple AE guys who run a 2 pad slipper b/c they feel a 3 pad is too much for a 2wd buggy.

Last edited by skrichter; 02-08-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Serpent runs a 3 pad that works very well.......
Old 02-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BillPear
Is it "invisible shrink wrap" that weighs nothing? Otherwise every gram over 1499 counts as far as I'm concerned!
Only when running stock......
Old 02-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone know how dificult it is to fit a centro body onto the b5? Turns out everyone else decided to do there body yellow as well. So now we have 3 or 4 yellow b4s/b5s with yellow wheels lol
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C.Borgia
I imagine we will see a setup ASAP from the JConcepts race, but as of this picture, it looks like Tanner is running a square pack.
Thanks

Wondering what driving feel differences there are between a shortie and saddle, other than the shortie being more nimble due to less weight
Old 02-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I think its fair to say that this rear motor car is very competitive against mid motor cars.
If you disagree just tune into red rc and check out the jconcepts winter indoor Nat's its kicking a%$ !!
Box stock works really well at my local track Apex rc just thinking maybe going to 25wt oil in the rear.
Love the B5 much thanks to Associated for a great buggy!!
Old 02-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Come on ProLine and JConcepts. Lets get those bodies out there. LOL

It's official I pretty much burned up $200 by being in a rush to get this thing on the track. The body looks like ass due to my impatient, 35 deg garage rattle can paint job and I had an ESC go up in smoke because I tried to use an old motor I wasn't sure of.

Whatever the B5 will be at Bumps and Jumps today making laps. SHould have just run it with a clear body but I told myself I wasn't going to run this body other than for practice anyway and thought it would come out better.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshC90
Anyone know how dificult it is to fit a centro body onto the b5? Turns out everyone else decided to do there body yellow as well. So now we have 3 or 4 yellow b4s/b5s with yellow wheels lol
I saw 2 B5s with centro bodies on them. They cut the rear so it was flat to the shockvtower. These looked better than the stock one.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Come on ProLine and JConcepts. Lets get those bodies out there. LOL

It's official I pretty much burned up $200 by being in a rush to get this thing on the track. The body looks like ass due to my impatient, 35 deg garage rattle can paint job and I had an ESC go up in smoke because I tried to use an old motor I wasn't sure of.

Whatever the B5 will be at Bumps and Jumps today making laps. SHould have just run it with a clear body but I told myself I wasn't going to run this body other than for practice anyway and thought it would come out better.

Read about your speedo which sucks..maybe racing today will make it all worth while

also can anyone confirm if 22 tierods will work on a b5..I read a couple pages down that they'll? Just wanna make sure (:
Old 02-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
No...I'm an idiot and was in a rush. It looks horrible but is what it is and I hope it's dry in the morning because...
If you did no prep, then that's your problem. It wasn't the temperature. Sounds like you tried to paint over a layer of mold release oils.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.