R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #2461
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTotalghost View Post
I like the yokomo, one of the factory drivers was at my track. The yokomo is smooth a lot more steering but the price point is high
Yeah my GF has a Yokomo and I really like it. Smooth but oversteer-y. I just got an XRay 2wd out of curiosity, but if it isn't fun, I'm going to make it 4wd and get either a Yokomo or B5M. Just curious how they compare.
rallyredevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #2462
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why is everyone using the orion speed control? Is there something special about it that I dont know about?
proraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #2463
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
Why is everyone using the orion speed control? Is there something special about it that I dont know about?
more money = more better

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #2464
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Pretty much what Matt said. matt has been a "Brand" name shopper for a long time. He is "trying" out some of the more economical stuff. I am sure if you PM him, he will give you feed back. I have been preaching it for a couple years and no one listens and over spends. lol. I tire of talking to walls, lol. I just let people over spend and if they ask me, I will give them feedback on the many many esc's I have bought and sold over the past 1-2 years. I have pretty much owned every major and high end budget esc. But I find most people will buy the shiny stuff or their personal brand they are loyal to.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #2465
Tech Adept

Quote:
I am running the Tekin RSX. Awesome esc.
Justinb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #2466
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

http://www.redrc.net/2014/03/exotek-...p-flexfit-cap/

Old 03-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #2467
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by predu View Post
he is a pretty good racer from out of town. he knew there was a different tower and it is in stock at our track but did it anyway and liked it. i guess when the ryan's do it maybe then people will try it and might like it. I dunno. he said ride height was good and used the same hole up top also. he got 2nd in expert mod at a track he only raced a couple times, first place was one of our regular experts.
I think you're mistaken?

From what my eyes see, "The Ryan's" were not running a B5m tower w/ flat arms at Cactus. They have the correct B5-RM tower to go with the flat arms. The AE setup sheet that NeoBuggy released, as well as the pics of Maifield's B5m reflect this. Check out the pics.

See the differences of the two towers in this post: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Last edited by rigor; 03-20-2014 at 02:55 PM.
rigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #2468
Tech Adept

So far out of the few carbon straps made the Associated strap has the most style in my opinion
SilentHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #2469
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

nm, I have no idea what your saying, lol
Old 03-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #2470
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
For the same reasons people buy 300w power supplies for $100 when they could convert a 575w server power for $15 and 20 mins of their time. More money than sense, and snobbery (ohhh, look at me...I gotz de bestess). I run Speed Passion and Toro ESC's. There's nothing the over priced big boys do that they can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
I think you're mistaken?

From what my eyes see, "The Ryan's" were not running a B5-RM tower w/ flat arms at Cactus. They have the correct B5-RM tower to go with the flat arms. The AE setup sheet that NeoBuggy released, as well as the pics of Maifield's B5m reflect this. Check out the pics.

See the differences of the two towers in this post: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
You basically just said...

They weren't running a B5-RM tower with flat arms, they were running a B5-RM tower with flat arms.
hairless_ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #2471
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTotalghost View Post
If ur asking if they stretch yes they do, I just undo the screw instead of the cup
no, i need to know the inner diameter.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #2472
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
I think you're mistaken?

From what my eyes see, "The Ryan's" were not running a B5-RM tower w/ flat arms at Cactus. They have the correct B5-RM tower to go with the flat arms. The AE setup sheet that NeoBuggy released, as well as the pics of Maifield's B5m reflect this. Check out the pics.

Not mistaken at all. I said WHEN the ryan's do it. Never said they DID

I guess it went over your head, Point being evrything the pro's do people who don't have their talent will try. kinda like all the crying over cactus setups, who races a sugared outdoor track weekly???

It cracks me up that i say a guy i race with did it and liked it , and you keep saying it won't work cause sean said so...lol

And i am also racing a b5m on a low traction track, but it won't work for that either,right?
TC7 , LRP, SCHUURSPEED 17.5
10R5.1, H/W, SCHUURSPEED 17.5
predu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #2473
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairless_ape View Post
You basically just said...

They weren't running a B5-RM tower with flat arms, they were running a B5-RM tower with flat arms.
Thanks for the correction ; I knew what I meant, just typed it out wrong

Edited my original post to be correct now.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #2474
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by predu View Post
Not mistaken at all. I said WHEN the ryan's do it. Never said they DID

I guess it went over your head, Point being evrything the pro's do people who don't have their talent will try. kinda like all the crying over cactus setups, who races a sugared outdoor track weekly???

It cracks me up that i say a guy i race with did it and liked it , and you keep saying it won't work cause sean said so...lol

And i am also racing a b5m on a low traction track, but it won't work for that either,right?
I am going with what Sean Cochran says he works for Team Associated (he took over for Mike Reedy when he retired!), and I experienced exactly what he said the problem would be with running incorrect tower/arms. If whatever setup worked for your bud, great.

Have fun with your B5m

Last edited by rigor; 03-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.
rigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #2475
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPear View Post
I told you guys earlier I'd post some photos but now that the Orion is specifically asked for here you go. I think this weekend I'm going to break it down some and run the sensor wire under the battery, and break off the plastic case from the caps and just shrink wrap them for a little more room and 1/2 a gram less.

Wildcat doesn't the HW 3.1 come with the 2 caps similar to the Orion, that you can use?
If you break open the orion caps to shrink wrap them, make sure you find a way to keep it together. They aren't soldered, or glued to anything. They are held in place by the top plastic case. So if you do shrink wrap them, make sure the pos/neg of both caps are still touching all of the metal tabs. I would suggest going with the hobbywing cap pack instead if you can verify that the specs are the same. The Orion has 2 16v 330uF caps in series.

(The orion and hobbywing cap packs are indeed the same, or very similar. I would just go for the hobbywing one instead of messing with the orion one.)

Last edited by Nemaris; 03-20-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Nemaris is offline   Reply With Quote