Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
Exclusively short packs in 17.5.
Why not squares? Weight distribution?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by DKSPLIT96
Has anyone tried or know anyone that has used the PSM carbon fiber shock towers?

http://www.psm-rc.com/products/team-associated-b5m/
Hmmm... if the front shock towers arent interchangeable like Rigor has mentioned then these carcon bling ones wont work for 1 of the cars.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roundguy
What about using the B5 rear arms on the B5M? Are the heights ok with the M tower? The rear shock towers aren't interchangeable....
I heard the rears have different spacing and would not work interchangeable
Old 03-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

anyone with virgin ball cups please check the inner diameter.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
anyone with virgin ball cups please check the inner diameter.
If ur asking if they stretch yes they do, I just undo the screw instead of the cup
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roundguy
What about using the B5 rear arms on the B5M? Are the heights ok with the M tower? The rear shock towers aren't interchangeable....
The rear arms are not exactly the same but can be run on either car.
The dog-bone sweep changes slightly. Shock mounting is the same on both.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juicy74
Hmmm... if the front shock towers arent interchangeable like Rigor has mentioned then these carcon bling ones wont work for 1 of the cars.
The b5 front tower works on the b5m, you just need to match it with the correct arms, either gull or flat. I'm currently running the flat arms and tower that I traded a guy for at my track and he took them off his b5. I'm just curious from a quality and function standpoint if anyone has tried the carbon fiber towers or heard from anyone who has.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dnuggett
Why not squares? Weight distribution?
Mainly weight. Compared the the other chassis its a chubby car.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Does anyone have a pic of the b5m with an orion R10 pro mounted in it. Im just curious cause mine looks like a rats nest, LOL
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Those are all nice esc's. And i have v2.1 esc that I plan to try in my B5RM. But the esc has a 4 bank of 330uf caps, and it might be hard for me to get that in the chassis. If it becomes an issues, I will just use my viper. Might use my viper anyway, because it is a very nice esc. But the viper is in my reference stock buggy, I and I prefer to not remove it. I plan to run both cars in stock and sell the loser of the shoot out
I told you guys earlier I'd post some photos but now that the Orion is specifically asked for here you go. I think this weekend I'm going to break it down some and run the sensor wire under the battery, and break off the plastic case from the caps and just shrink wrap them for a little more room and 1/2 a gram less.

Wildcat doesn't the HW 3.1 come with the 2 caps similar to the Orion, that you can use?

Old 03-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
I told you guys earlier I'd post some photos but now that the Orion is specifically asked for here you go. I think this weekend I'm going to break it down some and run the sensor wire under the battery, and break off the plastic case from the caps and just shrink wrap them for a little more room and 1/2 a gram less.

Wildcat doesn't the HW 3.1 come with the 2 caps similar to the Orion, that you can use?

Nice Gulf scheme! Did you paint the logo, or is it a decal? Ive been trying to find gulf decals forever! haha
Old 03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a pic of the b5m with an orion R10 pro mounted in it. Im just curious cause mine looks like a rats nest, LOL
Originally Posted by mschumi101
Nice Gulf scheme! Did you paint the logo, or is it a decal? Ive been trying to find gulf decals forever! haha
Thanks! I'm getting a lot of those complements. They are very nice decals from Carl in the VTA thread here, drop him an email he's ready to print them.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5498499-post1.html

Last edited by BillPear; 03-20-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bill Pear, what changes have you made specifically to run @ OCRC. It is a very similar track to mine. I am just curious as I cant stand a car that pushes.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
If ur asking if they stretch yes they do, I just undo the screw instead of the cup
I've been doing the same... Unscrewing the ballstud instead of popping the cup for diff adjustment. Careful though, that rear shock tower piece that the stud mounts to, can / will weaken over time. Not certain I'd constantly want to be doing the same thing with the FT aluminum upgrade version either.

Which brings me to my new discovery (to me anyway). AE is being strategic with their parts packaging. You can only replace that rear shock tower mount by purchasing an entire rear tower replacement, which is like $6 to $7 instead of $2 for that piece. Also, I didn't learn about using an oversized washer behind the rear hub ballstud until after I had discovered one of my rear hub link plastic inserts had imploded (busy evening practice with 8-scale and some crazy drivers, took a few collisions). Guess what? Should be like a $2 replacement pack of 4 (each side & hub type). No. Can only aquire the piece with a complete rear hub replacement, which is like $8 to $9. Lesson learned. Thankfully I found the HARD rear hubs in stock.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Bill Pear, what changes have you made specifically to run @ OCRC. It is a very similar track to mine. I am just curious as I cant stand a car that pushes.
I'd be shocked if your B5m pushes. Most are trying to mellow / smooth the steering out for more consistency.

I just filled out my setup sheet for OCRC today. If anyone wants it just PM me with your email address to send to. It's certainly a good starting point.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by juicy74
I never said the towers aren't interchangable; in fact my post reflected that you absolutely need the correct matching arms along with the tower, or the shocks do not function properly. Just wanted to clarify.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.