Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 01-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just installed the shapeways laydown tranny. I hope it makes as big a difference as people describe.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_20170105_204548-picsay.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_20170106_095946-picsay.jpg  
Old 01-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Interested to see how it performs. I too was looking into that Laydown.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does anyone else have a problem with 1 of the 4 screws in the front bulkhead always coming lose? I have replaced the top plate 3 times and tried locktite but the same screw (only 1) keeps coming loose over a run.

Anyone running an aluminum front bulkhead? Does this solve the issue if so? What is the best bulkhead to use?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tylem28
Does anyone else have a problem with 1 of the 4 screws in the front bulkhead always coming lose? I have replaced the top plate 3 times and tried locktite but the same screw (only 1) keeps coming loose over a run.

Anyone running an aluminum front bulkhead? Does this solve the issue if so? What is the best bulkhead to use?
I have never had that problem. Running the strc aluminum one no locktite. But I also have a chassis protector so that might help out.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Interested to see how it performs. I too was looking into that Laydown.
Hard to say as of now. Some kid was driving a rental vehicle and kept cutting the track and getting in my way (unable to put down a hot lap) . I tried getting around him on the wall ride (I was driving pissed off) I clipped the pipe on the wall and landed on on one of the front wheels which broke the spindle. The shop was out and I forgot a new set at home. Can't give you a decent review. Coming soon tho.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tylem28

Those screws go into plastic. It's funny it's doing it even after you replaced the top plate.unless u replaced something else. Anyway put some of your tire glue on it then thread it in and let it sit at least 15 minutes. Just snug the screw up it's easier to strip when there is wet glue on it
Old 01-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Newbie here.

The suspension tuning guide I've been using says to move the shock position in on the tower for low grip surfaces for more body roll and out for high grip surfaces and less body roll.

Tower. Moving the shock in on the tower will make the shock feel more progressive i.e.; initially it will feel softer, but increasing in stiffness as the shock compresses. If the track is slippery, move the shock in on the tower to add body roll and overall traction.

Looking at the B5M setup sheets for high grip indoor tracks the cars are both running the inside position for the rear shocks.

Is there a relationship that I'm missing? Under what conditions would someone move the shock position inward on the tower?

https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...anen_Reedy.pdf
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c..._JC_Winter.pdf
Old 01-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intercede007
Newbie here.

The suspension tuning guide I've been using says to move the shock position in on the tower for low grip surfaces for more body roll and out for high grip surfaces and less body roll.

Tower. Moving the shock in on the tower will make the shock feel more progressive i.e.; initially it will feel softer, but increasing in stiffness as the shock compresses. If the track is slippery, move the shock in on the tower to add body roll and overall traction.

Looking at the B5M setup sheets for high grip indoor tracks the cars are both running the inside position for the rear shocks.

Is there a relationship that I'm missing? Under what conditions would someone move the shock position inward on the tower?

https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...anen_Reedy.pdf
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c..._JC_Winter.pdf
Instead of just copying set-up sheets of the internet, get the Team Associated Cheat Sheets app on your phone. It goes into detail about what changes do what. Teach a man to fish............
Old 01-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post14799038
Old 01-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
It goes into detail about what changes do what. Teach a man to fish............
You didn't read what I wrote, did you? I asked about the detail not lining up with the expectations. I've been taught how to fish. I'm asking which lure works best for a certain species.....
Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok guys sorry if this has been asked already, but has anyone tried using the B6D steering blocks and caster blocks on the B5M. Would love to get rid of as much of that slop in the front end, and getting rid of the inserts will be awesome. Yes I know you can glue them, just want to get rid of margins of error.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bulltipper
Ok guys sorry if this has been asked already, but has anyone tried using the B6D steering blocks and caster blocks on the B5M. Would love to get rid of as much of that slop in the front end, and getting rid of the inserts will be awesome. Yes I know you can glue them, just want to get rid of margins of error.
I used the hard option parts to reduce slop. They wear a lot slower than the normal plastic.
cos we race on dirt I also use fresh arms regularly as the holes get bigger due to the fine dust wearing inside the holes as they rub on the pins.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

I am still trying to pin down my gearing. This is what I am running right now: 69/32, 3 gear tranny, stock 17.5, Fantom FR1 motor. My temps have plenty of room. Track conditions range from loose/dusty to med-high groove. This platform lists a 2.6:1 internal gear ratio. My current gearing give me a FDR of 5.61

What is the popular spur/pinion choice for this car in 17.5 stock outdoor dirt?
Does the internal gear ratio change when swapping between 3 gear and 4 gear config?

I also own the T5m and SC5m. The ST runs in 17.5 stock and the SCT is in open mod. SC has a 8.5 motor. These all have the same internal ratio. Obviously, the rollout is different due to tire size. Should my FDR be close to that of the B5m when I'm done or should the number be higher? Example...my SC5 is running 84/20 with 10.92 FDR.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Internal ratio is the same 3 or 4 gear. temps will greatly depend on where you timing is set on the motor as well as your gearing. T5M final drive will be different, easiest thing to do is start at manual gearing for 17.5 for both vehicles, adjust timing if you want more motor
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any experience with the Hot Racing TVS vented slipper conversion? Good/bad? I am currently running an exotek slipper eliminator. I know when I weighed the stock slipper assembly vs. the exotek; the exotek was lighter and shaved some weight. I would guess this slipper would weigh more than the exotek. Does anyone know if this weighs more than the stock slipper?

Will my standard AE spur gears work or do I need to buy a special aftermarket spur? Lastly, does the standard AE bell cover fit or is another one required?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.