R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #20761
Tech Adept

Did you put the T nut on the correct side? I heard if you put them in a certain way they will unscrew themselves. Check instruction for proper installation.
belewis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #20762
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone17 View Post
Maybe the thrust bearing? If it's not smooth it could be loosening the screw as the diff works
Cleaned and re greased when I took everything apart. Even changed the balls with spares I had. I basically rebuilt the diff between rounds.

Sorry I should have clarified that in my first post.
Slammed80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #20763
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rear roll center

hey guys,

i understand how roll center is changed but i was wondering what the advantages/disadvantages changing at the hub end or at the shock tower.

thank you kindly.
fliedlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #20764
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just picked a used Team Kit (nothing fancy, box stock) for my son, he will be racing novice buggy for the first time this fall. What would be a good setup for him, need something very easy to drive. We run on Astro if that matters, but in his case it may not. Thanks in advance!
MrLean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #20765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Front arm question.. I bought a b5m factory light & it has the gullwinbg front arms. I was told its also a different tower needed for those?? anyone run both flat & gullwing & can tell me the difference?? track i run on will usually be Hight bite.. Also anyone have the part #'s for the other tower to go with the gullwing arms if its different than the stock one? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #20766
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
Front arm question.. I bought a b5m factory light & it has the gullwinbg front arms. I was told its also a different tower needed for those?? anyone run both flat & gullwing & can tell me the difference?? track i run on will usually be Hight bite.. Also anyone have the part #'s for the other tower to go with the gullwing arms if its different than the stock one? Thanks.
The "wide" tower is used with the gullwing arms 91516

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ll_wing_arms_/

The "narrow" tower is used with the flat arms 91373

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...th_flat_arms_/
jmcelroy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:42 AM   #20767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jabroni racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelroy42 View Post
The "wide" tower is used with the gullwing arms 91516

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ll_wing_arms_/

The "narrow" tower is used with the flat arms 91373

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...th_flat_arms_/
OK, thank you.. all my searches for a spare tower they all say can be used with either or arms.. driving me nuts, my buddy says it changes the ride height if you use th eother tower. so the 91516 is the one I Need.. Perfect
Old 10-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #20768
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni racing View Post
OK, thank you.. all my searches for a spare tower they all say can be used with either or arms.. driving me nuts, my buddy says it changes the ride height if you use th eother tower. so the 91516 is the one I Need.. Perfect
I believe if you are using the B5 flat arms you need the B5 narrow tower 91373. I don't think anyone mixes the arms for instance the narrow tower with the gull wing arms however I may be wrong. I use the narrow tower and the flat arms.
TC5Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #20769
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5Driven View Post
I believe if you are using the B5 flat arms you need the B5 narrow tower 91373. I don't think anyone mixes the arms for instance the narrow tower with the gull wing arms however I may be wrong. I use the narrow tower and the flat arms.
I mixed them ..
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:09 AM   #20770
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

a while back I posted about the YZ2 gearbox conversion on my B5m. If you of you are still interested in trying it, I have my drilled Chasssis, chassis braces, front Gullwing Tower and Arms and complete gearbox up for sale in the Classifieds.
Tekno EB48SL
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #20771
Tech Regular

Needing some help getting a buggy to turn better on a small carpet track. Below is what I have and needing some help as to what I can do to improve turning. Thanks!

BM5
Savox TG Servo (.07) cant remember the model #
Aluminum Bellcrack
Using DX4C Controller (stock settings 100% Steering L/F, and have tried up to 150% Steering L/F, Haven't messed with Expo settings (not sure what to set at or change)
Springs (Stock) would going to a softer or harder spring help? Where would you put the compression for the spring for more steering (lower or higher on the tower? (close to the top or closer to the track/)
Battery Location help? (I am using a short pack and have it as far forward as possible)

I am running Electrons for tires front and rear. I have tried Slicks (these seem to have to much grip and makes it harder to turn in corners)

What should I change on my radio (DX4C)
Anything I can add / change on the buggy to improve steering?
tylem28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:49 AM   #20772
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tylem28: I would start with stiffer springs. The ae spring kits are a good bargain. The stock springs are intended for dirt and typically carpet had a lot more grip than dirt. I imagine your car is going through a lot of travel through the corners soaking up and chance of the car turning more.
I could be wrong on all of this, I have little experience racing on carpet and I just woke up lol.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #20773
Tech Fanatic

Treat this as an very high grip surface first off. Go long camber links on front and rear and move up in spring rate like green front springs and blue rear. I would also setup my shocks like front 1.6/37.5 and rear 1.6/30. Use the lowest ride height you can obtain. Also look into some proper carpet tires. The shumucker stagger fronts or jconcepts swaggers work awesome. They just require a few runs to become good. In the rear either slicks and traction compound or mini pins if they allow. Using increased camber in the rear like 2 to 3 degrees with help with traction rolling till the rear tires scuff in if using mini pins style. The shapeways laydown tranny will also add corner speed if you want to do the mod. I would get the new one that uses the b6 motor plate.
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #20774
Tech Regular

Thank you for the help! Forgive me ignorance but when setting up the shocks is their a tool you use to get the 1.6/37.5? How do you determine those numbers? I'm only a couple months into the hobby / sport and still learning. Also would moving my shock location on the shock tower help any? To make the car sit lower would I move that out? (further away from the inside of the car and moving to the outside?

As far as tires I have Electrons and also proline primes. These both seem to be the tires of choice for everyone and I see a mixture of both.

I do need some help with the DX4C controller as well. The stock settings are set at 100% steering L/F. With this I dont get full travel of the wheels. If I set it to Max (150%) then I get full travel. Do any of you run at 150% travel or just stick with 100%? Also what does the Expo do for steering or throttle? I haven't changed any of those settings. Also I typically run the drag brake a little bit (setting on the controller) so that the car slows down a little when letting off the throttle. Would I be better off leaving that at neutral?
tylem28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #20775
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would start with shock oils and springs. Test and move to the next adjustment. I'm betting with some suspension work you will dial it in.
1.6 is the piston and the 37.5 is the weight of shock fluid.
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote