R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 08-17-2016, 05:40 AM   #20611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Great deal on a custom painted body for your b5m.

elex300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #20612
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Make sure your running the best battery kinda like the "pros" do, top of the line oiled ceramic bearings in the tranny at minimum, pucks, slipper eliminator, and the best tires and sauce. Finding the best line is also necessary along with carrying corner speed.

Have you asked the "Pro's" for advice yet? Ask Jason Snyder
i am due for a new battery. will need to figure out which one to invest in as i would like to charge at higher amps. I can use ceramic bearings and possibly a new motor. maybe everythign combined adds up to the level that the "experts" are running at. I just know if i ran in expert i would be walked by their cars since their equipment is clearly at a different level.

finding the fastest line is not my problem as i'm usually at the podium when i race sportsman. it's just a matter of figuring out what other big factors there is right now that
radioctrlhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #20613
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioctrlhead View Post
i am due for a new battery. will need to figure out which one to invest in as i would like to charge at higher amps. I can use ceramic bearings and possibly a new motor. maybe everythign combined adds up to the level that the "experts" are running at. I just know if i ran in expert i would be walked by their cars since their equipment is clearly at a different level.

finding the fastest line is not my problem as i'm usually at the podium when i race sportsman. it's just a matter of figuring out what other big factors there is right now that
Its not always equipment....If they are carrying more corner speed they will be faster down the straight than you. Driving style, practice, skill...it all adds up.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #20614
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Didn't say he is, he DOES run at OCRC right? He would be easier to ask a question than say Spencer Rivkin. Just sayin...
He does. he did place i think 5th in expert last time i saw him there. he was geared to the moon apparently at 69/34... whereas other "expert class" drivers are running 69/30.

Now the level of competitiveness here is pretty high so i'm takign every word i hear with a grain of salt. I will try and make my own judgement. just saying...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:58 PM   #20615
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Its not always equipment....If they are carrying more corner speed they will be faster down the straight than you. Driving style, practice, skill...it all adds up.
the difference down the straight tells me its equipment.

for sportsmans, i'm neck and neck with everyone. expert, much different.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM   #20616
Super Moderator

Quote:
the difference down the straight tells me its equipment.

for sportsmans, i'm neck and neck with everyone. expert, much different.
I'm telling you...Stock is about corner speed. The more you carry the faster you will go. Having the fastest motor on the track doesn't equate to having the fastest times. However, if your equipment is old / outdated that's another story.

You're neck and neck with sportsman because that's probably your skill level (nothing wrong with that). Expert should have more experienced drivers.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #20617
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=338

This one is a great deal!
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #20618
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Are they sponsored by motor companies? They sponsored by battery companies? If they are you will never be faster then them , you don't get what they get , just remember stock buggy is all about keeping up momentum , hit the lines Everytime , I mean Everytime , you already at disadvantage as soon as you put your car down. Watch the fast guys , remember better competition means you will get there too , don't get frustrated, good luck buddy
ldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #20619
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Does anybody know where to get laydown transmission for b5m that's not very expensive, thanks
ldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #20620
Tech Master

Need a good base mod setup for the b5m lite. Just picked up a 7.5t. Clay track, medium to high traction.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #20621
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
Need a good base mod setup for the b5m lite. Just picked up a 7.5t. Clay track, medium to high traction.
Ask Jake Mayo what he ran with his b5m....he should get you pointed in the right direction....or poke around on rc10.com

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Old 08-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #20622
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'm telling you...Stock is about corner speed. The more you carry the faster you will go. Having the fastest motor on the track doesn't equate to having the fastest times. However, if your equipment is old / outdated that's another story.

You're neck and neck with sportsman because that's probably your skill level (nothing wrong with that). Expert should have more experienced drivers.
I will take your word for it. I never gave it much thought about corner speed but after making some suspension changes i felt like the car rolled around a corner so much better so I definitely hear you there.

Thank you for the advise.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #20623
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldog View Post
Does anybody know where to get laydown transmission for b5m that's not very expensive, thanks
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/acrcgear

I ordered mine last week and will be here tomorrow. From everything I have read, they are very reliable and do not have to do a lot or spend a whole lot to convert.
AMitchell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #20624
Tech Master

Quote:
Ask Jake Mayo what he ran with his b5m....he should get you pointed in the right direction....or poke around on rc10.com
He is not there all the time. I'll try rc10.com. Thanks.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:35 AM   #20625
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMitchell05 View Post
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/acrcgear

I ordered mine last week and will be here tomorrow. From everything I have read, they are very reliable and do not have to do a lot or spend a whole lot to convert.
I have the Shapeways in my SC5m, and a Yokomo YZ-2 Trans in my b5m. Both very reliable, but you get different shock options with the YZ2 trans. You can use the yokomo shock tower and b6 arms and run the shocks in front of the arms like on a B6. It also allows you to use SC5m/T5m Front shocks on the rear in that configuration too
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote