R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 06-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #20386
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default front sway bar for B5M

Is any one seeing the B5M running a front sway bar on the carpet tracks. I saw that Wildcat1971 mentioned it back a few pages and I was going to keep my b5m for a while and I'm thinking of trying one?????
55Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #20387
Tech Regular

Just got my cutting tool and tried something!
Created Chassis Protector Films and had tried to stick letters on the body....holy mother...thats tough
But the black lining around the windows is way easier than I thought!

But I like the result!!

Who recognizes the symbol in the back?
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-img_20160606_181944.jpg  
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #20388
Tech Apprentice

That symbol is Sith-tastic!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #20389
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Guy View Post
Is any one seeing the B5M running a front sway bar on the carpet tracks. I saw that Wildcat1971 mentioned it back a few pages and I was going to keep my b5m for a while and I'm thinking of trying one?????
I didn't even know they made a front sway bar for the B5m. I thought front bars were generally only used on 4WD buggies
Scott R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #20390
Tech Addict

My tranny conversion is getting closer...

Old 06-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #20391
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott R View Post
My tranny conversion is getting closer...
I'm curious to see the end result. Are those Yokomo parts? Does the bottom of the transmission case line up with the holes in the chassis, or did you have to drill some new ones?
_danimal_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:12 PM   #20392
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default B5M Lite

Is the b5m lite included in this thread? nvm Just check front page.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #20393
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Yes
Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 AM   #20394
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by _danimal_ View Post
I'm curious to see the end result. Are those Yokomo parts? Does the bottom of the transmission case line up with the holes in the chassis, or did you have to drill some new ones?
You have to drill 4 holes, and make a plate to connect the trans case to the rear shock tower. The AE Bearings, Diff and Topshaft fit the Yokomo case with a few shims.

If you're on facebook, look up Matt R/C Designs. It was his idea
Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #20395
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 336 (100%+)

Had bought a package deal with a great condition B5m with many spare parts and upgrades and even included a lite chassis new in package. Been racing the car with great results and last week I put on the lite chassis, by far best buggy I've ever raced . One other thing that came with package deal is a Shapeways laydown 3 gear trans. Fits on all back holes but you gotta drill two holes in chassis up front . I'm gonna put together a second buggy with laydown and see how it goes. I know Shapeways is 3D printed , anyone have experience with any of the Shapeways products? They make a set of front arms with three holes for the shock so I ordered a pair. I wanna see if it will improve at all if I place shock in far outer hole to lay the shock down more. Soon enough I'll be trying these products out so if I see it improved my lap times I'll post it here but I'm just curious if anyone used any items from this company . Cheers
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-If we trade lower feedback always ships first.#41-#18. Team Associated B6-B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-DESC210-Intech-Tylenol-Pizza

Last edited by peter george; 06-09-2016 at 04:24 AM.
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #20396
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
Had bought a package deal with a great condition B5m with many spare parts and upgrades and even included a lite chassis new in package. Been racing the car with great results and last week I put on the lite chassis, by far best buggy I've ever raced . One other thing that came with package deal is a Shapeways laydown 3 gear trans. Fits on all back holes but you gotta drill two holes in chassis up front . I'm gonna put together a second buggy with laydown and see how it goes. I know Shapeways is 3D printed , anyone have experience with any of the Shapeways products? They make a set of front arms with three holes for the shock so I ordered a pair. I wanna see if it will improve at all if I place shock in far outer hole to lay the shock down more. Soon enough I'll be trying these products out so if I see it improved my lap times I'll post it here but I'm just curious if anyone used any items from this company . Cheers
You know if you lay your shocks more ...the more unresponsive your shocks are right? If you have way too much steering then that might help it.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #20397
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 336 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
You know if you lay your shocks more ...the more unresponsive your shocks are right? If you have way too much steering then that might help it.
I do have a bit too much steering but I figure with the added shock mounting hole I can use more combinations to get her to feel just right. An extra tunning option, I've seen guys drill an extra hole on their b5m front arms but doing it after the fact I think will make the arm more frail
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-If we trade lower feedback always ships first.#41-#18. Team Associated B6-B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-DESC210-Intech-Tylenol-Pizza
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #20398
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
I do have a bit too much steering but I figure with the added shock mounting hole I can use more combinations to get her to feel just right. An extra tunning option, I've seen guys drill an extra hole on their b5m front arms but doing it after the fact I think will make the arm more frail
the 3d printed arms will be more frail
Old 06-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #20399
Tech Rookie

Questions?? New To racing..

Hey guys. Im new here and new to the racing world.
Just a couple of quick questions on the B5m
Im looking for a durable buggy for my 1st 2wd buggy. Would you recommend the B5m for someone like myself?
If so, which top 3 recommendations for the initial upgrades do you suggest? Ill be racing on outdoor clay loomy tracks.

Thanks in advance.
TXn Scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #20400
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I gave my 8 year old my b5m as his first buggy. He has been thrashing it at local tracks. He has only broken the steering bellcrank and 1 a arm after hitting a wall at the end of a straight full speed. It is shockingly durable. Just don't upgrade any of the hard parts as those are more brittle. All you need is the aluminum c and d mounts. Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXn Scaler View Post
Hey guys. Im new here and new to the racing world.
Just a couple of quick questions on the B5m
Im looking for a durable buggy for my 1st 2wd buggy. Would you recommend the B5m for someone like myself?
If so, which top 3 recommendations for the initial upgrades do you suggest? Ill be racing on outdoor clay loomy tracks.

Thanks in advance.
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote