R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 05-26-2016, 04:05 AM   #20341
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
x-rings..... part number? ... and why use that instead of the stock ones?
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ction_x-rings/
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #20342
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Xrings are a lot smoother than the std red Orings. As far as slop, all kits are going to have some, you can shim it slightly but when you tighten everything up it could cause other issues. Yes the B5m has some natural slop but nothing that's going to create a horrible experience. And each persons definition of what's excessive is different so don't go off forum posts.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #20343
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Xrings are a lot smoother than the std red Orings. As far as slop, all kits are going to have some, you can shim it slightly but when you tighten everything up it could cause other issues. Yes the B5m has some natural slop but nothing that's going to create a horrible experience. And each persons definition of what's excessive is different so don't go off forum posts.
lol...slop....people need to own the b4 before coming here and talking about slop. If you glue the inserts in the front hubs, that covers most of the slop alone. Add the grub screws in the front and rear and it is very good.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #20344
Tech Regular

Its kinda funny, since more details and a release date of the B6 has been given all people speak of the B5 vehicles as if they ahve become instantly shit.

The car is far away from being outdated, its even still so competitive that at least 85% of all people who drive 'em are still limited by their driving skills
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #20345
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
Its kinda funny, since more details and a release date of the B6 has been given all people speak of the B5 vehicles as if they ahve become instantly shit.

The car is far away from being outdated, its even still so competitive that at least 85% of all people who drive 'em are still limited by their driving skills
Can I see the data that supports your numbers?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #20346
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey for the record... im not saying the kit is shit. I LOVE how it drives and handles with stock setup at my track. I would buy another team associated kit. Its really easy to drive and parts support is anazing.
Im just used to the 1/8 scale buggy platform a few years back. This is my first 1/10 electric buggy after a 15 year hiatus in rc.
Phillip F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:33 AM   #20347
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Can I see the data that supports your numbers?
Doesn't really matter because the cars haven't really changed much in well over a decade. A really good driver with an "outdated" car WILL outrun an average driver with the best of everything.
2916jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #20348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by total3d View Post
Do you have a packaging date for the two kits? Our two kits were July 2015 and seem ok.
where can I find that info.. is that in the manual? Stamped in th box?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:42 AM   #20349
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
where can I find that info.. is that in the manual? Stamped in th box?
It might be on that little slip of paper in the box....i've never paid any attention to it though.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:43 AM   #20350
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2916jr View Post
Doesn't really matter because the cars haven't really changed much in well over a decade. A really good driver with an "outdated" car WILL outrun an average driver with the best of everything.

+1. it's all about driving skills. if your driving sucks car doesn't matter.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #20351
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
Wait till that B6 comes out. Every club racer/basher will scrutinize and find problems with it. Its natural... a company release a product .... consumers purchase and use it.. consumer finds problems .... good company listens and release updated parts.... 3rd party mfg release better parts.... its the nature of the business.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #20352
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey for the record... im not saying the kit is shit. I LOVE how it drives and handles with stock setup at my track. I would buy another team associated kit. Its really easy to drive and parts support is anazing.
Im just used to the 1/8 scale buggy platform a few years back. This is my first 1/10 electric buggy after a 15 year hiatus in rc.
My answer wasnt directed to you
Its more like a phenomenon which can be observed everywhere (Facebook, last pages here, B6 Thread, RCTen)

I think its quite unfair for the "good old" B5...The B5M for example was not 8 weeks ago worth twice what it is now. If anyone would have told me I can buy THAT car for 150$ (FL!) I'd start crying
(Thats why I bought one )

And even unbuild kits like the B5M CE are available for 200$...yea I could spent 300$ for the B6, but there are no parts, no definite release date..etc..etc.
I seriously consider buying a 2nd B5M just because it bangs so hard for the buck.
Then I can wait till the B6 gets its first tests, parts support and some nice christmas coupons and enjoy a new car when I AM (finally) capable to drive it the way it should be driven
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #20353
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just bought two used b5m's with upgraded parts because they are so cheap right now. Upgrades alone cost way more than the whole car sold for. I would venture to say 80% of drivers won't turn faster lap times with the b6. That being said I have mine on pre order regardless. Going to make one super modded b5m for mod racing and see what can happen with the b6 completely stock with a 17.5 or a 13.5. I wish people wouldn't dump their b5ms so cheap. It'd be nice if the rollers would stay above 175 shipped, but I don't see them staying that high
dsms4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #20354
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol...slop....people need to own the b4 before coming here and talking about slop.
As a racer who did just this (B4 to B5), I agree wholeheartedly!

The B6 will have slop too. Too tight of tolerances will allow even dirt to cause binding. It's just a matter of functionality.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #20355
Tech Adept

a lot of people are willing to just take the loss and sale off there b5m buggies.
i will be waiting for the later versions of the b6d. the b6d lite!!
should have all the kinks worked out and come with the upgrades
i want for a good price!!
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote