Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrwj
Hello. I am new to hobby. I purchased a used B5M Lite that has been outfitted with Savox 1257 servo (new), 17.5 Reedy Mach 3 Motor (used), JustStock Hobby Wing ESC (new). I waiting arrival of new Airtronics MT-4 Transmitter/Receiver. Car will be run on indoor high bite clay track.

Please recommend any initial settings for the Transmitter with regards to servo speed and any other transmitter set up that will help get best feel and general baseline. I have baseline set up for car at this particular track so looking for some Transmitter help.

I understand this can be subjective / personal style but any general recommendations would be appreciated that may improve overall experience and accelerate learning curve. I will not be signing up for races anytime soon. My goal is to run lots of laps to be consistent and as fast as possible.
I am new too, <3 months, but I have the same car and ESC, Transmitter. This is the most important thing-- "My goal is to run lots of laps to be consistent and as fast as possible."--However I would club race as soon as you feel comfortable in traffic just to get the experience. Everyone has a first time, mine was last Saturday.

As far as the MT-4, my advice isn't B5M specific. First thing is to set the steering sub-trim so your wheels are straight when you power up. The only other things I have done is to set the Throttle D/R to one of the programmable buttons, as well as the Braking D/R to another programmable buttons. This way I can turn either up or down quickly without going in the menu. Braking I like to mess with while I practice, throttle I don't too much but sometimes I turn it down for a new track and various other tuning things (diff break in). One thing with the ESC is I would turn off drag brake to start and practice without it to get used to braking on your own. THen maybe adjust after you have practiced with it off.

That's all I got but like I said I am new too, so maybe someone else has other advice.

Last edited by 40yoCaliRacer; 05-25-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rrwj
Hello. I am new to hobby. I purchased a used B5M Lite that has been outfitted with Savox 1257 servo (new), 17.5 Reedy Mach 3 Motor (used), JustStock Hobby Wing ESC (new). I waiting arrival of new Airtronics MT-4 Transmitter/Receiver. Car will be run on indoor high bite clay track.

Please recommend any initial settings for the Transmitter with regards to servo speed and any other transmitter set up that will help get best feel and general baseline. I have baseline set up for car at this particular track so looking for some Transmitter help.

I understand this can be subjective / personal style but any general recommendations would be appreciated that may improve overall experience and accelerate learning curve. I will not be signing up for races anytime soon. My goal is to run lots of laps to be consistent and as fast as possible.
I have the factory lite that I run with a Mach 3 stock and mod and have a anny edition Mt4s and you really don't have to adjust anything on the radio except for endpoint settings for turning and throttle and of course trim settings just to make minor adjustments to make sure your car is going in a straight line on a flat even surface
Old 05-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi All,
With the delay of the B6d, I decided to get a B5M Factory Lite to get into off road racing (have been racing on road, and will do both) before I get a B6D next year.

I've been doing some research and reading up on this forum, but with 1356 pages its tricky to follow what people have done with the car.

Just wanted some advice on the initial build and things to look out for/change/setup differently.
So far I have looked at gluing the inserts in as per above (will run the car first), build the diff as per videos on page 1 incl sanding the discs and slipper pads then running it in, and just made sure everything was lined up properly. I havent done shocks or turnbuckles as yet, and electrics. Motor/ESC is Reedy 800z+17.5T, Sanwa MT4S radio and Savox 1258TG servo. Shorty pack batteries.
Also looking to upgrade to aluminium steering very soon!
Thanks.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by total3d
Hi All,
With the delay of the B6d, I decided to get a B5M Factory Lite to get into off road racing (have been racing on road, and will do both) before I get a B6D next year.

I've been doing some research and reading up on this forum, but with 1356 pages its tricky to follow what people have done with the car.

Just wanted some advice on the initial build and things to look out for/change/setup differently.
So far I have looked at gluing the inserts in as per above (will run the car first), build the diff as per videos on page 1 incl sanding the discs and slipper pads then running it in, and just made sure everything was lined up properly. I havent done shocks or turnbuckles as yet, and electrics. Motor/ESC is Reedy 800z+17.5T, Sanwa MT4S radio and Savox 1258TG servo. Shorty pack batteries.
Also looking to upgrade to aluminium steering very soon!
Thanks.
Use x-rings when you build the shocks
Old 05-26-2016, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott R
Mine is Rock Solid, all stock parts too
What's pretty odd is in the span of 2 weeks, I built 2 brand new B5M lite kits and both of them have the same slop in the caster block. Maybe it's a quality control thing or you bought it used and the former owner already addressed that issue. ....or there's a batch of kits out there with good caster blocks.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
Use x-rings when you build the shocks
x-rings..... part number? ... and why use that instead of the stock ones?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you have a packaging date for the two kits? Our two kits were July 2015 and seem ok.

Originally Posted by Phillip F
What's pretty odd is in the span of 2 weeks, I built 2 brand new B5M lite kits and both of them have the same slop in the caster block. Maybe it's a quality control thing or you bought it used and the former owner already addressed that issue. ....or there's a batch of kits out there with good caster blocks.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
x-rings..... part number? ... and why use that instead of the stock ones?
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ction_x-rings/
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Xrings are a lot smoother than the std red Orings. As far as slop, all kits are going to have some, you can shim it slightly but when you tighten everything up it could cause other issues. Yes the B5m has some natural slop but nothing that's going to create a horrible experience. And each persons definition of what's excessive is different so don't go off forum posts.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Xrings are a lot smoother than the std red Orings. As far as slop, all kits are going to have some, you can shim it slightly but when you tighten everything up it could cause other issues. Yes the B5m has some natural slop but nothing that's going to create a horrible experience. And each persons definition of what's excessive is different so don't go off forum posts.
lol...slop....people need to own the b4 before coming here and talking about slop. If you glue the inserts in the front hubs, that covers most of the slop alone. Add the grub screws in the front and rear and it is very good.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Its kinda funny, since more details and a release date of the B6 has been given all people speak of the B5 vehicles as if they ahve become instantly shit.

The car is far away from being outdated, its even still so competitive that at least 85% of all people who drive 'em are still limited by their driving skills
Old 05-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
Its kinda funny, since more details and a release date of the B6 has been given all people speak of the B5 vehicles as if they ahve become instantly shit.

The car is far away from being outdated, its even still so competitive that at least 85% of all people who drive 'em are still limited by their driving skills
Can I see the data that supports your numbers?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Hey for the record... im not saying the kit is shit. I LOVE how it drives and handles with stock setup at my track. I would buy another team associated kit. Its really easy to drive and parts support is anazing.
Im just used to the 1/8 scale buggy platform a few years back. This is my first 1/10 electric buggy after a 15 year hiatus in rc.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Can I see the data that supports your numbers?
Doesn't really matter because the cars haven't really changed much in well over a decade. A really good driver with an "outdated" car WILL outrun an average driver with the best of everything.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by total3d
Do you have a packaging date for the two kits? Our two kits were July 2015 and seem ok.
where can I find that info.. is that in the manual? Stamped in th box?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.