R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2016, 04:50 PM   #19831
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

The RC industry makes a living on speculation and future discussion so its only natural when something appears to be on the horizon people talk about it.
They all seem to tease blacked out pictures drop hints on facebook etc. to get people excited. Personally I like how Xray does things and each year has a current year car like the real industry, XB4 2014-2016.
The B5M is a great car but it is a bit dated in my opinion. Over the past couple of years i have had the TLR 22 3.0 Xray XB2 B5R B5m B5m Lite and the Kyosho RB6.
Out of all of them the RB6 has been my favorite with the B5m series second. The fit and finish the Kyosho car is nicer than AE and their shocks are much nicer than AE. Both AE and Kyosho need updated cars. The AE you have to cut the chassis braces to fit almost any electronics in it and have nice layout and the RB6 you have to cut the braces to move the battery sideways. Those complaining about the past several posts about speculation and new car discussion if it were not for those posts there would not be really any posts in here. The B5 series has gone about as far as it can go with the current chassis and the newer technology. The rc industry has changed at a rapid pace the last two years and the current platforms have been dated much sooner than were used to. Almost everyone has brought out a new platform in the last 12 months and i think you will see the remaining big two Kyosho and AE follow soon.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #19832
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykrug View Post
I'm running a Schuur Speed 17.5 on my B5m at Hot Rods hobbies. I am looking for some more top end speed. will going from 35 to 37.5 timing help?
Could help, but I have found gearing the car to be more effective. What are you running for gearing?
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:22 PM   #19833
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
The RC industry makes a living on speculation and future discussion so its only natural when something appears to be on the horizon people talk about it.
They all seem to tease blacked out pictures drop hints on facebook etc. to get people excited. Personally I like how Xray does things and each year has a current year car like the real industry, XB4 2014-2016.
The B5M is a great car but it is a bit dated in my opinion. Over the past couple of years i have had the TLR 22 3.0 Xray XB2 B5R B5m B5m Lite and the Kyosho RB6.
Out of all of them the RB6 has been my favorite with the B5m series second. The fit and finish the Kyosho car is nicer than AE and their shocks are much nicer than AE. Both AE and Kyosho need updated cars. The AE you have to cut the chassis braces to fit almost any electronics in it and have nice layout and the RB6 you have to cut the braces to move the battery sideways. Those complaining about the past several posts about speculation and new car discussion if it were not for those posts there would not be really any posts in here. The B5 series has gone about as far as it can go with the current chassis and the newer technology. The rc industry has changed at a rapid pace the last two years and the current platforms have been dated much sooner than were used to. Almost everyone has brought out a new platform in the last 12 months and i think you will see the remaining big two Kyosho and AE follow soon.
Asc 91450- Team Associated Factory Team v2 Aluminum shock cap set
__________________
Team NovakŪ (1-touch programming)
Team Orion
ProLine
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #19834
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykrug View Post
I'm running a Schuur Speed 17.5 on my B5m at Hot Rods hobbies. I am looking for some more top end speed. will going from 35 to 37.5 timing help?
What are your temps looking like after a main? Surely the best thing to do is to try it. Might even try going higher if you can. Best way to test something out is to actually test it yourself. This way you remove any variables between yours and others cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
The RC industry makes a living on speculation and future discussion so its only natural when something appears to be on the horizon people talk about it.
They all seem to tease blacked out pictures drop hints on facebook etc. to get people excited. Personally I like how Xray does things and each year has a current year car like the real industry, XB4 2014-2016.
The B5M is a great car but it is a bit dated in my opinion. Over the past couple of years i have had the TLR 22 3.0 Xray XB2 B5R B5m B5m Lite and the Kyosho RB6.
Out of all of them the RB6 has been my favorite with the B5m series second. The fit and finish the Kyosho car is nicer than AE and their shocks are much nicer than AE. Both AE and Kyosho need updated cars. The AE you have to cut the chassis braces to fit almost any electronics in it and have nice layout and the RB6 you have to cut the braces to move the battery sideways. Those complaining about the past several posts about speculation and new car discussion if it were not for those posts there would not be really any posts in here. The B5 series has gone about as far as it can go with the current chassis and the newer technology. The rc industry has changed at a rapid pace the last two years and the current platforms have been dated much sooner than were used to. Almost everyone has brought out a new platform in the last 12 months and i think you will see the remaining big two Kyosho and AE follow soon.
I didnt have to cut anything to fit my electronics. So I don't know where you are getting that from. I am running the car totally uncut and a Hobbywing V3.1 stock spec ESC and a Spektrum SR2000 receiver. I also have a Spektrum 6070 servo. The only thing I had to "cut" to fit was grinding a little corner off the servo mount to clear the wiring of a shorty servo. All the other manufacturers have been releasing new cars to catch the B5M. On the world stage the driver makes the difference. At the club level the B5M is dominant, and all other manufacturers are playing catch up. It is almost reminiscent of the original RC10 days.

But all that aside. I agree and actually enjoy the banter and speculation. I even would get involved EXCEPT for the fact that this is a model specific thread. If there was an AE speculation thread I would be one of the first to subscribe. I am here to read about the B5M. Just as I go to the SC5M and the T5m threads. I also visit the SC10 4x4 thread, the RC8.2 thread, the RC8B3 and T3 threads, the B4 thread the TC5, 6 and 7 threads. I am a total fan boy. Out of my 30+ RC cars I think 27 of them are AE cars.



So many people are misunderstanding my rant. It's not the discussion, but the thread the discussion is in. This thread, of all the threads I read, is the ONLY one that has been totally taken over by the discussion of a potential new car.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #19835
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Hobbywing does fit fine but anything bigger not so much. The spektrum receiver is pretty small compared alot of others on the market.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #19836
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
Asc 91450- Team Associated Factory Team v2 Aluminum shock cap set
Shock caps were never a issue for me. The Kyosho shocks are a better all around design imo. The bottom cartridge and build from the bottom works well and are pretty much leak proof
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #19837
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
Shock caps were never a issue for me. The Kyosho shocks are a better all around design imo. The bottom cartridge and build from the bottom works well and are pretty much leak proof
They are also $30 more per pair.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #19838
Tech Master
 
todb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb
Default

I ran my anders Lind car today for a couple of practice laps. Just finished building it yesterday. Guessed at shock package. Phenomenal forward traction. In a 17.5 car.
__________________
OVA Neo. HW, Motiv.
Orange is faster.
todb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:29 PM   #19839
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,694
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
They are also $30 more per pair.
NOT if you factor in the cost of the fox bodies, in that case they are WAY cheaper!
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #19840
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,507
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
They are also $30 more per pair.
they are worth it, i was a non believer until i used them.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #19841
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,694
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
they are worth it, i was a non believer until i used them.
I've ran them a LONG time, they are easily the best shocks I have ever had!
I am thinking of trying them on my lite.
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #19842
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todb View Post
I ran my anders Lind car today for a couple of practice laps. Just finished building it yesterday. Guessed at shock package. Phenomenal forward traction. In a 17.5 car.
How about side bite? My 3 gear car has plenty of forward bite too. If I ever struggle with traction its usually side bite exiting the corner, but always cured with a little tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
NOT if you factor in the cost of the fox bodies, in that case they are WAY cheaper!
Yeah, but I wouldn't buy the Fox bodies. Not worth it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
they are worth it, i was a non believer until i used them.
I am gonna borrow some Kyosho shocks from my friend he has a buggy sitting around since switching over to a B5M Yes he got faster and more consistent.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #19843
Tech Regular
 
AZJP's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

People have been discussing a possible laydown update or conversion for the B5M in the B5M thread?? Jesus, what a nightmare!!

On another note, I won the A tonight. Pretty big accomplishment for me, even though almost all the WWHD guys were in Tucson haha.
AZJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #19844
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJP View Post
People have been discussing a possible laydown update or conversion for the B5M in the B5M thread?? Jesus, what a nightmare!!

On another note, I won the A tonight. Pretty big accomplishment for me, even though almost all the WWHD guys were in Tucson haha.
Who said anything about discussing laydown transmissions?
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:02 PM   #19845
Tech Regular
 
AZJP's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Who said anything about discussing laydown transmissions?
About 10 people on the last 5 pages.
AZJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net