R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #19501
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper13 View Post
[IMG]//https://www.3dgydesigns.com/collections/frontpage/products/team-associated-b5m-rear-pill-set-2mm-offset-high-low-roll-center-1-2-antisquat[/IMG]
"precision 3D printed"

Nope - just get the ghea's that are delrin.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #19502
Tech Adept

Default www.3dgydesigns.com new designed C&D mounts for b5m, sc5m and t5m

http://https://www.3dgydesigns.com/c...-1-2-antisquat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper13 View Post
[IMG]//https://www.3dgydesigns.com/collections/frontpage/products/team-associated-b5m-rear-pill-set-2mm-offset-high-low-roll-center-1-2-antisquat[/IMG]
Sleeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #19503
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
"precision 3D printed"

Nope - just get the ghea's that are delrin.
GHEA doesn't have high/low roll center options like this does though.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #19504
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercede007 View Post

EDIT: Ohh, forgot to mention. On March 26th I did a Sporstman class race. There is a AE sponsored (not pro) driver at the track who I chatted with about basic stuff. He really sorted me out on some things. Who knew hitting everything on the way around the track would knock our camber adjustments all out of whack? Anyway, he watched me drive a bit, gave me some pointers, and pulled out the 1MM ball stud washers from the rear leaving me with just the 2MM (instructions say install both). Can't say that did much, but minute changes are probably lost on me at the moment.
I'm pretty much at the same level as you. Spent weeks developing my own package, based on the stock set up. Stiffer springs all around, heavier shock oil, lower ride height. It drove well, but wasn't consistent or much faster. Finally asked my son for help ( he's one of the fastest guys in 17.5 at our track ) Took a huge leap of faith to try his set up - different springs, shock oil, droop, camber links as long as you can get them. Looked pretty radical in my mind, but it totally hooked up. It was a big learning experience, sometimes you have to ask for help.

Bruce
belewis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #19505
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Link to the ghea?

Actually, link to associated lcg car?? Bueller???
AZJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:32 AM   #19506
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJP View Post
Link to the ghea?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...ea2073/p403702

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Old 04-08-2016, 10:37 AM   #19507
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am currently passing on anything 3d printed. I just dont think the tech or the materials are there yet.
+1

The lay down transmissions are tempting, and look good, but I've heard both good and bad - parts not lining up straight, cases breaking etc., and while the rear hubs and some of these newer bits all look nice but I am not convinced they will hold up for very long or are printed strong enough to withstand a "club racing" collision I'm glad its being done but I don't personally feel that they are "there" yet.

I do foresee one day ordering up a part online from a manufacturer, downloading the file and printing my own stuff at home or at the track - then the file disappears - no more stocking parts, just order it on my phone, print it and go race!
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #19508
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
+1

The lay down transmissions are tempting, and look good, but I've heard both good and bad - parts not lining up straight, cases breaking etc., and while the rear hubs and some of these newer bits all look nice but I am not convinced they will hold up for very long or are printed strong enough to withstand a "club racing" collision I'm glad its being done but I don't personally feel that they are "there" yet.

I do foresee one day ordering up a part online from a manufacturer, downloading the file and printing my own stuff at home or at the track - then the file disappears - no more stocking parts, just order it on my phone, print it and go race!
The WWHD laydown transmission is NOT 3d printed. It is machined out of delrin.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #19509
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
+1

Daragh, the cost to machine the wwhd setup has got to be up there. It's billet machined delrin. My XB2 transmission tolerances are pretty damn good, but you cannot compare them to a machined billet.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #19510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
Well if your car wont fit in the box because of front tires you have issues as 2wd buggy front tires have a way narrower track than the rear, do you have rear tires up front?

People have been using the 4wd front tire trick since I started like 10 years ago, I haven't ever seen a buggy with 4wd fronts fail tech.
Last I remember at nationals your car can't squeeze into it, it has to fall over it... Idk, it's been forever since I've used 4whl fronts bc generally it sucks lol.

That's why for outdoors we always make double Dee fronts instead of just mounting 4whl fronts...
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #19511
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Last I remember at nationals your car can't squeeze into it, it has to fall over it... Idk, it's been forever since I've used 4whl fronts bc generally it sucks lol.

That's why for outdoors we always make double Dee fronts instead of just mounting 4whl fronts...
For club racing, there is never a "box". for events, no idea if it fits in the box. We only have 1-2 events a year that use the box and tech. We had guy racing at 1450g for a while....rules are pretty loose for club racing.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #19512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
For club racing, there is never a "box". for events, no idea if it fits in the box. We only have 1-2 events a year that use the box and tech. We had guy racing at 1450g for a while....rules are pretty loose for club racing.
I kinda miss the old days when club races would still check your weight and run it through the box etc... It kinda made it feel more official and like actual racing. There is next no stock racing anywhere around here. So there's nothing to tech....
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #19513
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
I kinda miss the old days when club races would still check your weight and run it through the box etc... It kinda made it feel more official and like actual racing. There is next no stock racing anywhere around here. So there's nothing to tech....
There is, they just don't. Even mod needs to "fit the box" and make minimum weight. I would be happy if my tracks just checked weight, especially for Stock!

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #19514
Suspended

Quote:
My car was more around 1410, not 1450.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #19515
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
My car was more around 1410, not 1450.
CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER...lol. meh. I dont care what people do in club racing. It is what it is. I will say that I saw guy practicing the week before cactus...and their cars looks slower during the cactus mains.... /weird