R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #19381
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,831
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Oil

Glad someone mentioned it. Am always buying new oil because of this. Anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine357 View Post
every single bottle of AE shock oil no matter how much i seal it leaks the oil out eventually and the bottle is covered when i pick it up. does this seep through the plastic eventually? I cant seem to figure it out anyone have any suggestions?
__________________
JAE
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:35 AM   #19382
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstonev8 View Post
So it came early. Servo fits well with no cutting. Car weighs in at 1585g

Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount. You will need either wing buttons or small washers. Also make sure you have the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs and front bulkhead if aluminum to remove any slop.
__________________
B5M CF, Orion R10, Fantom 17.5t FR1 Works Edition w/ M Stator & 12.5 Pro Select Rotor
DEX410V4, LRP SXX V2, Savox 6.5t
B4.1
SC10
Losi SCB
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:58 AM   #19383
Tech Regular
 
Silverstonev8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount. You will need either wing buttons or small washers. Also make sure you have the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs and front bulkhead if aluminum to remove any slop.
I have the avid wing buttons but haven't had a chance to pop them on yet. I have them on my B44 and love them.
I have the set screws in the rear hubs and front bulkhead since I did the hinge pin mod...
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:29 AM   #19384
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Glad someone mentioned it. Am always buying new oil because of this. Anyone.
Keep the blue cap that comes with the bottle.
R/C Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #19385
Tech Regular
 
Silverstonev8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount. You will need either wing buttons or small washers. Also make sure you have the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs and front bulkhead if aluminum to remove any slop.
You got me curious so I just looked and saw that the front hubs take set screws also... I'm on it! Thanks
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #19386
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Questions?? Front Suspension

I appreciate all the responses regarding hard vs. stock suspension arms. One more question because unfortunately since I did not build this car and I bought it as a new slightly used roller I am working out the bugs from the previous owner.

Regarding the front suspension block? I used to run an aluminum block in other cars and trucks I ran one but I prefer to run the stock one to keep the car light weight.

So the Question becomes that while replacing the front arm I noticed the hinge pins are kind of tight and need to be pressed into the suspension block? Is this normal? Should I ream it out so they move freely and no the pins aren't tweak I checked that too! So do I ream it ? leave it alone and let them be snug/tight or go to an aluminum front block running 17.5???
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #19387
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Glad someone mentioned it. Am always buying new oil because of this. Anyone.
I only have a horrible answer to this...

Buy Losi oil
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #19388
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
I appreciate all the responses regarding hard vs. stock suspension arms. One more question because unfortunately since I did not build this car and I bought it as a new slightly used roller I am working out the bugs from the previous owner.

Regarding the front suspension block? I used to run an aluminum block in other cars and trucks I ran one but I prefer to run the stock one to keep the car light weight.

So the Question becomes that while replacing the front arm I noticed the hinge pins are kind of tight and need to be pressed into the suspension block? Is this normal? Should I ream it out so they move freely and no the pins aren't tweak I checked that too! So do I ream it ? leave it alone and let them be snug/tight or go to an aluminum front block running 17.5???

Check the hinge pins aren't bent first. (roll them on a piece of glass)

Then yes, I'd ream the block and arms. Unfortunately this is part of owning a B5M.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:05 AM   #19389
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstonev8 View Post
You got me curious so I just looked and saw that the front hubs take set screws also... I'm on it! Thanks
Right, I didn't see them at first either but it takes some slop out. The part number is 4670.

There is a mod that includes this on the bulkhead so you can take off the front pin holder and give a better approach angle so it doesn't hit on steeper take offs when the suspension gives and also nose diving landings. Typically not needed for us carpet guys. But you need the aluminum or brass bulkhead that has the option for the grubs.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...i_FrontEndTip/
__________________
B5M CF, Orion R10, Fantom 17.5t FR1 Works Edition w/ M Stator & 12.5 Pro Select Rotor
DEX410V4, LRP SXX V2, Savox 6.5t
B4.1
SC10
Losi SCB
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #19390
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
Ready for Turf... Trying the new Trinity Fan mount
What is the feedback ?
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #19391
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Rich View Post
Keep the blue cap that comes with the bottle.
Definitely keep the blue thing. If you already threw it out cut a piece of Saran Wrap and screw the top on with it in between. Some bottles I came with the screw cap some didn't. It would be better with the screw cap but then again, you wouldn't need to buy oil as often.
__________________
B5M CF, Orion R10, Fantom 17.5t FR1 Works Edition w/ M Stator & 12.5 Pro Select Rotor
DEX410V4, LRP SXX V2, Savox 6.5t
B4.1
SC10
Losi SCB
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #19392
Tech Regular
 
Silverstonev8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
Right, I didn't see them at first either but it takes some slop out. The part number is 4670.

There is a mod that includes this on the bulkhead so you can take off the front pin holder and give a better approach angle so it doesn't hit on steeper take offs when the suspension gives and also nose diving landings. Typically not needed for us carpet guys. But you need the aluminum or brass bulkhead that has the option for the grubs.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...i_FrontEndTip/
I have already done that mod and also cut the front pins down so there was no extra hanging out the back of the arm.
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:57 AM   #19393
Tech Apprentice
 
Hasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount.
Why cut the nubs off? You can screw the wing down with using the nubs. I used the hole in the middle of the wing mount:

__________________
Onroad: Tamiya TT-02, Tamiya TA-02SW, Xray T2'008
Offroad: Asso B5, Asso SC5M, Asso B64D, Tamiya Avante 2011 Re-Release
Trucks: Tamiya Mercedes SK 2638 6x6, Tamiya Mercedes 3553 8x4 heavy haulage
Hasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:07 AM   #19394
Tech Regular
 
Silverstonev8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It smoothes it out...
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:41 AM   #19395
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,738
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstonev8 View Post
It smoothes it out...
Plus it removes all the wobble inherent in the stock mount.
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net