R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #18676
Tech Fanatic

Question:

For those of you that use the brass arm mounts, are they pretty durable? I mean do they get warp easy when you do a rollover or land funny after a jump?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:18 PM   #18677
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Question:

For those of you that use the brass arm mounts, are they pretty durable? I mean do they get warp easy when you do a rollover or land funny after a jump?
I never used a brass arm mount but have used brass on my sct right infront of my rear shocks on the chassis which is a common place for sct but I haven't seen anybody actually run brass arm mounts on this car for stock or mod so I'm curious on what you want the weight to help with on this car
Slashn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #18678
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Newbie Question: My B5M was purchased used and it takes corners very wide, even when braking. It's steering throw must be set up this way. As a point of reference, I also have an SC5M that has a much tighter turning radius. Is this possible? Any quick tips on what to look for to increase the throw on the B5M.... just starting to work on these cars. Thx in advance
Old 03-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #18679
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Newbie Question: My B5M was purchased used and it takes corners very wide, even when braking. It's steering throw must be set up this way. As a point of reference, I also have an SC5M that has a much tighter turning radius. Is this possible? Any quick tips on what to look for to increase the throw on the B5M.... just starting to work on these cars. Thx in advance
Adjust your steering throw so it goes as wide as it can, equally in both directions, but only up to the point where it stops mechanically. You don't want the servo to throw past where the steering linkage can pysically go. You will have plenty of steering. If the wheels are going all the way left and right, your DR/throw is down below 100%.

Also, it is very important to make sure that the length of both steering turn buckles are identical. I measure mine down to the 10th of a millimeter.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #18680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Question:

Indestructible. I have never seen a failure of any kind.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #18681
Tech Prophet

I been told from some guys with the steering throw EPA to back off a little at full throw on the radio intill the servo stops. Buzzing more than a few seconds . Of course a slight buzz will happen still it's digital .

And also look to see if the steering servo buckle is hitting on the servo or anything hitting at full throw .

But really when at a time would you need to steer actual full throw on the track usually if you do on buggy it's overdriving .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #18682
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Adjust your steering throw so it goes as wide as it can, equally in both directions, but only up to the point where it stops mechanically. You don't want the servo to throw past where the steering linkage can pysically go. You will have plenty of steering. If the wheels are going all the way left and right, your DR/throw is down below 100%.

Also, it is very important to make sure that the length of both steering turn buckles are identical. I measure mine down to the 10th of a millimeter.
Thx - I'm very green. Picked up the hobby last summer for a few months and just picked it back up. Kid got interested finally. In any event, explaining the newbie questions. Regarding steering throw, do I adjust on my radio? Everything is set to 100 percent left and rt on a futaba 4pk.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #18683
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Regarding steering throw, do I adjust on my radio?
look for "EPA" on the menu. Mine is set at about 68-70
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #18684
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
look for "EPA" on the menu. Mine is set at about 68-70

You still get full throw at 68-70 ? On my Futaba radio my is in the 90s on the EPA throw could go less maybe.

My dual rate is at 100%

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #18685
Tech Elite

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashn77 View Post
I never used a brass arm mount but have used brass on my sct right infront of my rear shocks on the chassis which is a common place for sct but I haven't seen anybody actually run brass arm mounts on this car for stock or mod so I'm curious on what you want the weight to help with on this car
Up here they run extra weight as the track is loose to medium grip. They were running the B5M because of the extra weight. They ran the regular B5M with almost 2 x 30 gr's added to get grip at the biggest race. We have real offroad still not that sticky clay that a lot of places have. I miss the old school tracks.

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=278

Old 03-03-2016, 11:06 PM   #18686
Tech Elite

Quote:
Up here they run extra weight as the track is loose to medium grip. They ran the regular B5M with almost 2 x 30 gr's added to get grip at the biggest race. Most of our tracks are low to medium grip so use the brass suspension mounts or weight system.
Hope that helps.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #18687
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Thx - I'm very green. Picked up the hobby last summer for a few months and just picked it back up. Kid got interested finally. In any event, explaining the newbie questions. Regarding steering throw, do I adjust on my radio? Everything is set to 100 percent left and rt on a futaba 4pk.
You also need to check your D/R (dual rate). It's adjusted with one of the little roller dials on the grip. I bump mine on accident all the time. DR amount is displayed right on the main menu, you don't need to go into a sub menu to see or adjust it.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #18688
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisNyholm View Post
haha, awesome. Print them up and sell 'em! :P

Here's the photo if you wanna see it... printed on High quality automotive wrap, with a clear laminate....

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...psfl2kv6zx.jpg
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #18689
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Machined Pistons

Are machined pistons a worth investing in??? If so what make & size would you recommend starting with?

(hopefully) plan on returning to racing after a long long break. Home track is Norcal Hobbies; Hi-Bite clay surface.

Thanks

rap66@rcracing.com

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #18690
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
No real reason, it's an option and I don't recall any mention of people using them.

I have a lite chassis, guess if I need quite a bit of weight I will got with regular chassis.