R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 02-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #18556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
The carpet indoor track is in Kennett Square , PA the (Mushroom Bowl) which race on Saturdays they have two offroad outdoor tracks . The clay track is Bumps and Jumps in Etters, PA they race on Sundays good program and place only clay indoor track around now in PA.

There is Critters raceway in NJ indoor clay never been there though .

I race at both tracks in PA.
Thanks so much. Mushroom isn't too far. Bumps n jumps is a bit further...
If we visit I'll PM you prior if that's okay...
Silverstonev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #18557
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstonev8 View Post
What tracks are in the area? I am in Clinton NJ and my brother down in Glouchester NJ.
We just both bought b44.3s and I got a b5m as well... looking for a place to run them.
Thanks...
You are right down the road from Critters. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions about it.

4WD buggy and 2WD mod buggy are our biggest classes. Pro-line primes are the tires of choice for most. Med-high grip clay. Racing every Friday.

TC5man, I wouldn't call carpet a East coast thing. The bowl is the only indoor carpet off road that I know of and of course T&L coming soon which is on and off road. Its more of a PA thing. Everywhere else within 2 hours of T&L is dirt or clay.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #18558
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
You are right down the road from Critters. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions about it.

4WD buggy and 2WD mod buggy are our biggest classes. Pro-line primes are the tires of choice for most. Med-high grip clay. Racing every Friday.

TC5man, I wouldn't call carpet a East coast thing. The bowl is the only indoor carpet off road that I know of and of course T&L coming soon which is on and off road. Its more of a PA thing. Everywhere else within 2 hours of T&L is dirt or clay.
It just so happens that I'm off on Fridays... I may see you soon. I'll PM if we plan to head over.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #18559
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Try the AKA slicks, everyone at my track swears by them.
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #18560
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
It just so happens that I'm off on Fridays... I may see you soon. I'll PM if we plan to head over.
Thanks
Bring that T4.2 also. Stadium truck is pretty big there as well.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #18561
Tech Prophet

Quote:

In PA now yes that's the only carpet indoor track the Railyard track was clay which closed this year . Your right in NJ there has been Clay indoor for years intill SJR closed which im still mad about. Trains i do go to for outdoor at times.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #18562
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thanks so much. Mushroom isn't too far. Bumps n jumps is a bit further...
If we visit I'll PM you prior if that's okay...

That's fine.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #18563
Tech Regular

Quote:
Bring that T4.2 also. Stadium truck is pretty big there as well.
I actually picked that up for my 4 going on 5 year old daughter. I kept telling her I was going to order a transmitter for my LXT so she could bash it but in the end ordered the RTR 4.2 so she didn't kill the vintage...
I brought her with me to Trains n lanes to check the place out and she had a blast with the slot cars. I'm sure I'll bring it with but its a stocker RTR and that's how it will stay.
I'm not against picking up a T5M if that's where its at...
Old 02-28-2016, 05:37 AM   #18564
Suspended

Quote:
There are carpet tracks with jumps (its not offroad) sprinkled throughout the country. I've heard there are some up in the Pacific Northwest, and I know of a couple other states that have them too. The vast majority of tracks that have jumps are made of dirt or clay.

Carpet, and some clay tracks (like SRS) have enough grip that a car with the motor further forward is going to perform better. If you (TC5) feel the B5M in its regular configuration is great on carpet just the way it is then either you are not pushing the car enough to need to go to an LCG transmission, and/or there is nobody that you have raced against that has a car with an LCG setup to show you how much faster they are.

Xray and Yokomo are global companies. They make Carpet versions of their cars for their home markets, and dirt cars for the U.S. AE & TLR are U.S. based and their focus is right here in the U.S., where almost all of the tracks are dirt. There are companies that make parts to make the B5M into a carpet/astro car, and AE has stated they are fine with that. Chevy and Ford don't make pickup trucks in Europe, and AE and TLR make cars for the dirt.

I am so sick of this pandering to the 1% b.s. I'm sure AE and TLR are working tirelessly on a car for transgender, bi-racial, paraplegics to use on carpet.

There is a carpet track with jumps that is getting ready to open up about a little over an hour away from me. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to change my whole car around to optimize it for carpet. If carpet were my only option, that might be a different story. As long as there is a track made out of dirt, thats where I'll be.

Also, please take the PA/NJ track talk to the appropriate area of the forum. This is the B5M thread.
Les Vegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 AM   #18565
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wow. someone needs a hug..
eper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #18566
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Vegetables View Post
There are carpet tracks with jumps (its not offroad) sprinkled throughout the country. I've heard there are some up in the Pacific Northwest, and I know of a couple other states that have them too. The vast majority of tracks that have jumps are made of dirt or clay.

Carpet, and some clay tracks (like SRS) have enough grip that a car with the motor further forward is going to perform better. If you (TC5) feel the B5M in its regular configuration is great on carpet just the way it is then either you are not pushing the car enough to need to go to an LCG transmission, and/or there is nobody that you have raced against that has a car with an LCG setup to show you how much faster they are.

Xray and Yokomo are global companies. They make Carpet versions of their cars for their home markets, and dirt cars for the U.S. AE & TLR are U.S. based and their focus is right here in the U.S., where almost all of the tracks are dirt. There are companies that make parts to make the B5M into a carpet/astro car, and AE has stated they are fine with that. Chevy and Ford don't make pickup trucks in Europe, and AE and TLR make cars for the dirt.

I am so sick of this pandering to the 1% b.s. I'm sure AE and TLR are working tirelessly on a car for transgender, bi-racial, paraplegics to use on carpet.

There is a carpet track with jumps that is getting ready to open up about a little over an hour away from me. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to change my whole car around to optimize it for carpet. If carpet were my only option, that might be a different story. As long as there is a track made out of dirt, thats where I'll be.

Also, please take the PA/NJ track talk to the appropriate area of the forum. This is the B5M thread.

Wow take some meds lol . Sorry to tell you but most guys i know and raced with don't run a LCG tranny, it's not needed for carpet especially if it's not high grip .

You don't need to change a while butch of things or have a carpet Ed of any buggy to get the B5M to work on carpet like inless it's high grip like i said .
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #18567
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:

Wow if I was a mod here id slam the ban hammer on you so fast it wouldn't be funny. Bigotry,hatred and racism have no place here(or anywhere) and frankly it sounds like you need your ass kicked. Carpet is fun easy to do and takes a ton less work than dirt and can be setup and torn down temporarily in a gym or other public space in a hour or so. Carpet is here to stay and will continue to grow if you don't like it go find another hobby where they encourage hatred and bad attitudes I hear the westboro people are accepting
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #18568

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Back to the B5M please.....
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #18569
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:

I like this guy...
Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #18570

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No, this stops here. Les Vegetables has managed to draw negative attention to himself in only 8 posts (or is it more??) and we don't need the rest of you being drawn down to his level. Let the mods handle it and lets move on to the freakin' B5M discussion.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote