Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 02-28-2016, 05:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
TC5man, I wouldn't call carpet a East coast thing. The bowl is the only indoor carpet off road that I know of and of course T&L coming soon which is on and off road. Its more of a PA thing. Everywhere else within 2 hours of T&L is dirt or clay.
There are carpet tracks with jumps (its not offroad) sprinkled throughout the country. I've heard there are some up in the Pacific Northwest, and I know of a couple other states that have them too. The vast majority of tracks that have jumps are made of dirt or clay.

Carpet, and some clay tracks (like SRS) have enough grip that a car with the motor further forward is going to perform better. If you (TC5) feel the B5M in its regular configuration is great on carpet just the way it is then either you are not pushing the car enough to need to go to an LCG transmission, and/or there is nobody that you have raced against that has a car with an LCG setup to show you how much faster they are.

Xray and Yokomo are global companies. They make Carpet versions of their cars for their home markets, and dirt cars for the U.S. AE & TLR are U.S. based and their focus is right here in the U.S., where almost all of the tracks are dirt. There are companies that make parts to make the B5M into a carpet/astro car, and AE has stated they are fine with that. Chevy and Ford don't make pickup trucks in Europe, and AE and TLR make cars for the dirt.

I am so sick of this pandering to the 1% b.s. I'm sure AE and TLR are working tirelessly on a car for transgender, bi-racial, paraplegics to use on carpet.

There is a carpet track with jumps that is getting ready to open up about a little over an hour away from me. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to change my whole car around to optimize it for carpet. If carpet were my only option, that might be a different story. As long as there is a track made out of dirt, thats where I'll be.

Also, please take the PA/NJ track talk to the appropriate area of the forum. This is the B5M thread.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wow. someone needs a hug..
Old 02-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Les Vegetables
There are carpet tracks with jumps (its not offroad) sprinkled throughout the country. I've heard there are some up in the Pacific Northwest, and I know of a couple other states that have them too. The vast majority of tracks that have jumps are made of dirt or clay.

Carpet, and some clay tracks (like SRS) have enough grip that a car with the motor further forward is going to perform better. If you (TC5) feel the B5M in its regular configuration is great on carpet just the way it is then either you are not pushing the car enough to need to go to an LCG transmission, and/or there is nobody that you have raced against that has a car with an LCG setup to show you how much faster they are.

Xray and Yokomo are global companies. They make Carpet versions of their cars for their home markets, and dirt cars for the U.S. AE & TLR are U.S. based and their focus is right here in the U.S., where almost all of the tracks are dirt. There are companies that make parts to make the B5M into a carpet/astro car, and AE has stated they are fine with that. Chevy and Ford don't make pickup trucks in Europe, and AE and TLR make cars for the dirt.

I am so sick of this pandering to the 1% b.s. I'm sure AE and TLR are working tirelessly on a car for transgender, bi-racial, paraplegics to use on carpet.

There is a carpet track with jumps that is getting ready to open up about a little over an hour away from me. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to change my whole car around to optimize it for carpet. If carpet were my only option, that might be a different story. As long as there is a track made out of dirt, thats where I'll be.

Also, please take the PA/NJ track talk to the appropriate area of the forum. This is the B5M thread.

Wow take some meds lol . Sorry to tell you but most guys i know and raced with don't run a LCG tranny, it's not needed for carpet especially if it's not high grip .

You don't need to change a while butch of things or have a carpet Ed of any buggy to get the B5M to work on carpet like inless it's high grip like i said .
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow if I was a mod here id slam the ban hammer on you so fast it wouldn't be funny. Bigotry,hatred and racism have no place here(or anywhere) and frankly it sounds like you need your ass kicked. Carpet is fun easy to do and takes a ton less work than dirt and can be setup and torn down temporarily in a gym or other public space in a hour or so. Carpet is here to stay and will continue to grow if you don't like it go find another hobby where they encourage hatred and bad attitudes I hear the westboro people are accepting
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Back to the B5M please.....
Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I like this guy...
Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No, this stops here. Les Vegetables has managed to draw negative attention to himself in only 8 posts (or is it more??) and we don't need the rest of you being drawn down to his level. Let the mods handle it and lets move on to the freakin' B5M discussion.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

What is the best thing to do on this car to pickup some easy rear grip?? My local track is clay and I notice sometimes towards the end of the day the high traffic areas of the track will get dusty and the car starts to kick out suddenly if you aren't really careful. I moved the rear camber link out on the hub which seemed to help...but it still breaks loose at times. And when it goes...it goes quick and stuff the nose right into a pipe before you can do a thing..no talking her out of it.

Running 17.5 turn motor, stock setup except for the rear link and I'm running the 3 gear transmission included in the champions edition. Running the same tires 90% of the guys at this track run...

Otherwise I've been really happy with the car.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Is your battery all the way to the back? It should be. You could add more toe in.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

JC8390 have you tried moving the rear hubs all the way forward?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan-o
Is your battery all the way to the back? It should be. You could add more toe in.
Moving the battery all the way back will make the car kick even more
Old 02-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JC8390
What is the best thing to do on this car to pickup some easy rear grip?? My local track is clay and I notice sometimes towards the end of the day the high traffic areas of the track will get dusty and the car starts to kick out suddenly if you aren't really careful. I moved the rear camber link out on the hub which seemed to help...but it still breaks loose at times. And when it goes...it goes quick and stuff the nose right into a pipe before you can do a thing..no talking her out of it.

Running 17.5 turn motor, stock setup except for the rear link and I'm running the 3 gear transmission included in the champions edition. Running the same tires 90% of the guys at this track run...

Otherwise I've been really happy with the car.

Yup sounds like you run on the same surface clay as me it gets the same later in the day. Put the battery back with the big pad and one thin one first .

If that doesn't work a softer Rear spring with the 3 gear.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

What about rear camber? Think I have it -1. Will going to 0 or .5 make a difference and not cause any problems?

Originally Posted by dan-o
Running the big foam in the front and the two little foams in the rear. How does more toe affect it?

Originally Posted by bprc10T3
JC8390 have you tried moving the rear hubs all the way forward?
No, I haven't. Will that take away much steering?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yup sounds like you run on the same surface clay as me it gets the same later in the day. Put the battery back with the big pad and one thin one first .

If that doesn't work a softer Rear spring with the 3 gear.
I thought about going to a softer spring when I did the 3 gear.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

It will take a little steering away yes but does really help with grip at my local track at least.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.