R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #18256
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Do you have a link to those parts?
www.schelleracing.com has all of those parts.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #18257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

I buy form both places but here's another viable option: http://www.avidrc.com/
Old 02-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #18258
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneg View Post
Do you have a link to those parts?
http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...st-Set-SCH1084

$21 for the diff balls, caged thrust bearings and washers. I just installed them in mine.
SC10
Losi SCB
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #18259
Tech Initiate

Default 2 gear diff?

Hi

I've tried remove two gear in my gear diff and a strange noise accured at low rpm.
Only at low rpm.
I put a bad pinion on my motor, could that be the problem?
Does anybody tried remove two gear in diff?
I left the shaft and removed gears on that shaft.
Is that the correct way?
Torvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #18260
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Keep note as which direction you install the diff in the 4 gear vs 3 gear. The manual for my CE, it stated the bolt head of the diff to be installed opposite of spur gear. Well, I choose the three gear during the build and not thinking, installed the diff backwards. The supplement did not state what side. Figured it gets installed the same with both transmissions. Technically it does(bolt head passenger side). The wording "opposite of spur gear" made me install it opposite the spur on a 3 gear. After toasting a diff, looked at the FL manual and diff bolt head is supposed to be on right side. My guess it loosened ever so slightly right after I adjusted it. Some claim it won't loosen regardless of direction, but I believe it will. I kept thinking to myself that I'm adjusting the diff way too often and finally hit me, lol. Just something to keep in mind, especially CE builds that choose the 3 gear. IMO, the supplement directions need more detail.
ridgewaybodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:55 AM   #18261
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewaybodies View Post
Keep note as which direction you install the diff in the 4 gear vs 3 gear. The manual for my CE, it stated the bolt head of the diff to be installed opposite of spur gear. Well, I choose the three gear during the build and not thinking, installed the diff backwards. The supplement did not state what side. Figured it gets installed the same with both transmissions. Technically it does(bolt head passenger side). The wording "opposite of spur gear" made me install it opposite the spur on a 3 gear. After toasting a diff, looked at the FL manual and diff bolt head is supposed to be on right side. My guess it loosened ever so slightly right after I adjusted it. Some claim it won't loosen regardless of direction, but I believe it will. I kept thinking to myself that I'm adjusting the diff way too often and finally hit me, lol. Just something to keep in mind, especially CE builds that choose the 3 gear. IMO, the supplement directions need more detail.
I got the B5M FL 3 gear, shall I install the bolt side towards the spur gear?
Have gear diff
Have you tried 2 gears in geardiff aswell?
Do you think my noice is that Ive instaled diff the wrong way?

Last edited by Torvald; 02-09-2016 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 02-09-2016, 05:39 AM   #18262
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
I got the B5M FL 3 gear, shall I install the bolt side towards the spur gear?
Have gear diff
Have you tried 2 gears in geardiff aswell?
Do you think my noice is that Ive instaled diff the wrong way?
Gear diff, not sure. I'm referring to ball diff.

The socket head if the diff bolt needs to be on passenger side of the car(right side if facing rear of car). The manual wording can be confusing referring to "the opposite side of spur gear" when building the 4 gear transmission. In a 4 gear, the spur is on driver side of the car. If you take that exact wording and apply to a 3 gear, the spur is on passenger side and opposite of that is driver side. Sounds like trig functions, lol. I should have known better when building the CE and looked at it in detail a bit more. I kinda thought it was odd installing the diff bolt head opposite of spur when using the three gear. Simple mistake and easily confused when choosing transmission. Just remember diff bolt head likes to ride shotgun!

Have Schelle carbide balls and ceramic thrust on way to rebuild.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:42 AM   #18263
Tech Initiate

Quote:
The socket head if the diff bolt needs to be on passenger side of the car(right side if facing rear of car). The manual wording can be confusing referring to "the opposite side of spur gear" when building the 4 gear transmission. In a 4 gear, the spur is on driver side of the car. If you take that exact wording and apply to a 3 gear, the spur is on passenger side and opposite of that is driver side. Sounds like trig functions, lol. I should have known better when building the CE and looked at it in detail a bit more. I kinda thought it was odd installing the diff bolt head opposite of spur when using the three gear. Simple mistake and easily confused when choosing transmission. Just remember diff bolt head likes to ride shotgun!
Thanks, I shall look that up!
Have you tried only two gears in diff?

How do I assemble transmission the easiest way?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #18264
Tech Master

Got a question pertaining to a rebuild of ball diff. Should I replace the balls and flip the rings? Or can the rings be flipped and reuse the carbide balls? The diff only has 6-8/runs on it, but has been run a couple time when it barking. It's gritty. (Story behind loose diff is explained above).

I got the Schelle kit on the way....
Old 02-09-2016, 05:50 AM   #18265
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh this sis something I'm going to have to check. I'm sure I did what the manual said but I did install the 3 gear. So diff should be same side as spur?
Man, haven't even drove it yet and I'm doing it's first tear down..lol
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #18266
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
Oh this sis something I'm going to have to check. I'm sure I did what the manual said but I did install the 3 gear. So diff should be same side as spur?

Yes, the bolt head of the diff screw needs to be on spur side of the three gear. Always on passenger side(unless its European cars, lol) regardless of the transmission. They make it confusing by wording it in relation to spur.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:08 AM   #18267
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
Don't feel bad....I toasted my diff in 6-8 runs. And in-between those runs, I readjusted the diff like 3-4 times!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:09 AM   #18268
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes, the bolt head of the diff screw needs to be on spur side of the three gear. Always on passenger side(unless its European cars, lol) regardless of the transmission. They make it confusing by wording it in relation to spur.
Hey guess what I'm doing this morning guys,
I'm just glad it was mentioned so I didn't have issues on my first run..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:33 AM   #18269
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info guys. I don't know how they are doing things now but carbide balls should last more than the rings. When I used to race a lot (Worlds car, B2, B3 and B4) we used to flip the rings at least once. The thrust bearings are toast before the carbide diff balls. Most of the time the gritty feel was from the thrust bearing not the diff itself. Let me know if this has changed. I feel very, very old LOL.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #18270
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
sorry but you're wrong.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote