R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #18226
Tech Regular

With the wing shim, there's a boss for a screw across from the usual mounting points.

I assume they are for extra bracing. Does anyone use it? What's people opinions on using the extra screw boss? Would the screw need a washer too.
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #18227
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volition View Post
With the wing shim, there's a boss for a screw across from the usual mounting points.

I assume they are for extra bracing. Does anyone use it? What's people opinions on using the extra screw boss? Would the screw need a washer too.
If your talking about the wing angle piece on the wing mount, yes I use that screw to tighten up the wing against the body clips that hold the wing onto the mount. It does give it a slight angle though.
TC5Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #18228
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volition View Post

I screw my wing down and don't encounter any wing movement.
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #18229
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
I'm not sure "borrow" is the proper term here. I have a feeling no diabetic really wants it back after you have used it.
Too freakin' funny! But on the other hand...
Old 02-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #18230
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5Driven View Post
If your talking about the wing angle piece on the wing mount, yes I use that screw to tighten up the wing against the body clips that hold the wing onto the mount. It does give it a slight angle though.
Cool, in most photos I have ever noticed if people use it. I did a quick google image search on b5m's and did not see it in use. Makes sense though, the force through the wing both for downforce & for landing on its back (hah) is through that angle.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #18231
Tech Initiate

Too much typing, not enough racing. Just drive the damn thing!
Old 02-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #18232
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post
There nice packs and only took 3 days to get to me so am very happy.
I'm waiting to get everything together before I even attempt at wiring. Being my first buggy this is very tight and I want everything figured and in place before I tackle what at this point is looking like a cluster..lol

Oh and if you have the side foam in battery tray you will need to remove. The packs are tight side to side..

I needed the smaller battery for the LCG conversion. I read their website and everything in the lower 48 is 3 day fedex which is great!

I cant believe how small the battery is!

Last edited by Just2much19; 02-05-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #18233
Tech Adept

As I said I would I purchased a pack from Amazon and from Amain. The first thing that is obvious is the packaging, the one form Amain is shorter. This is not a mistake because I actually purchased two of these form Amain and they are both short. Also you cannot see it but one of their labels is just a little bit brighter. With all of this I am hoping this leads to a new batch that fits without fussing with it.

This weekend I will post more on how each fit.

I also got a package of parts, I am excited to finally finish this thing up and hit the track soon. I am hoping to be back on my feet within the next week or two.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #18234
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2build View Post
Too much typing, not enough racing. Just drive the damn thing!
Aargh but what will I do when I'm not driving, spending money or wrenching!
Old 02-06-2016, 06:42 AM   #18235
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
As I said I would I purchased a pack from Amazon and from Amain. The first thing that is obvious is the packaging, the one form Amain is shorter. This is not a mistake because I actually purchased two of these form Amain and they are both short. Also you cannot see it but one of their labels is just a little bit brighter. With all of this I am hoping this leads to a new batch that fits without fussing with it.

This weekend I will post more on how each fit.

I also got a package of parts, I am excited to finally finish this thing up and hit the track soon. I am hoping to be back on my feet within the next week or two.

I would think Amain sells more so I hope they have the newer sets but am interested in your find. Make sure to get pics of all your goodies so us that can't wrench can drool.
I have another 5 weeks before I'll be fully mobile but I hope I can atleast hop around in 1 more week..
RcJunky76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #18236
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

AE seems to change their packaging on stuff all the time. I have all sorts same parts with different labels and the same part #'s. I'm not sure that the parts are any different in most cases. You do have a stronger chance of getting different ballcups because those were definitely revised but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #18237
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ball diff bolt & t-nut

about to rebuild my diff and realized i do not have a fresh bolt a t-nut (part #ASC6575) - realize it's smart to use a fresh one every rebuild, but critical?

or is there away around buying a new one every time? thanks.
hsp-sandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #18238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcJunky76 View Post

I would think Amain sells more so I hope they have the newer sets but am interested in your find. Make sure to get pics of all your goodies so us that can't wrench can drool.
I have another 5 weeks before I'll be fully mobile but I hope I can atleast hop around in 1 more week..
The Amain ones were perfect without any modification. I have an extra set if someone local wants to purchase them. I also change the balls studs to Lunsford titanium and JConcepts titanium turnbuckles.

I finally completed the rebuild and upgrade of the front and rear. I am waiting on new servo ends and a crimp tool to finally wire everything again. I located the transponder to just in front of the servo. I also have a new Orion R10 that I think I am going to try out instead of the Tekin RSX. Also sent Fantom an email inquiring about their FR-1.

Also changed the arms to the B5 flat arms front and rear along with all of the other parts in the photos.

I hope you get on your feet soon, I'm going through the same.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #18239
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego View Post
about to rebuild my diff and realized i do not have a fresh bolt a t-nut (part #ASC6575) - realize it's smart to use a fresh one every rebuild, but critical?

or is there away around buying a new one every time? thanks.
MIP sells one with a replaceable insert (#15010), it comes with two inserts and you can buy more for $6 (#99099).

I've reused it before, I think another concern is the spring and replacing that too if you take it apart enough.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #18240
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2much19 View Post
MIP sells one with a replaceable insert (#15010), it comes with two inserts and you can buy more for $6 (#99099).

I've reused it before, I think another concern is the spring and replacing that too if you take it apart enough.
yeah, those are sweet. thx
hsp-sandiego is offline   Reply With Quote