Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well I just got done rebuilding the back end and trans on the buggy. Replaced the rear hubs with the 0* aluminum ones that you put the ball in vertical. I also put in the rear Schelle D mount with removable Pins so you don't have to take everything apart. I also put in 3-1 C inserts in along with B5 A arms.

I built a 4 gear lay down trans with cut gears, Avid ceramic bearings and Avid gear balls and thrust bearing. I already had the MIP pucks and axles. I still have to adjust wheel angles but I will do that last, after going through the front end and a re-wire.

The one problem I ran into with the lay down trans is that my Reedy 5200 battery doesn't fit, seems about an inch short. I have ordered a ProTek RC 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 100C X-Lightweight, 2800 should be fine for a race right? I will probably order an Orion 100C Li-Poly Shorty Pack Battery at 4500mah to play around and get some more time from. I would like to hear what battry you are running, especially if you have the laydown trans.

Also there is a little front to back play on the rear inside A arms/hinge pin, about 0.4mm. Therefore I need some 3.5mmx.3mm spacers. Has anyone does this already? Ideally I would like about .1-.15 of play.

Also the S2 body doesn't fit perfectly. Looks like the top shaft is a little long so I will either need to trim that or poke a hole in the body for it.

Last edited by Just2much19; 02-03-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Just2much19
Well I just got done rebuilding the back end and trans on the buggy. Replaced the rear hubs with the 0* aluminum ones that you put the ball in vertical. I also put in the rear Schelle D mount with removable Pins so you don't have to take everything apart. I also put in 3-1 C inserts in along with B5 A arms.

I built a 4 gear lay down trans with cut gears, Avid ceramic bearings and Avid gear balls and thrust bearing. I already had the MIP pucks and axles. I still have to adjust wheel angles but I will do that last, after going through the front end and a re-wire.

The one problem I ran into with the lay down trans is that my Reedy 5200 battery doesn't fit, seems about an inch short. I have ordered a ProTek RC 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 100C X-Lightweight, 2800 should be fine for a race right? I will probably order an Orion 100C Li-Poly Shorty Pack Battery at 4500mah to play around and get some more time from. I would like to hear what battry you are running, especially if you have the laydown trans.

Also there is a little front to back play on the rear inside A arms/hinge pin, about 0.4mm. Therefore I need some 3.5mmx.3mm spacers. Has anyone does this already? Ideally I would like about .1-.15 of play.

Also the S2 body doesn't fit perfectly. Looks like the top shaft is a little long so I will either need to trim that or poke a hole in the body for it.

What are those wheels on your buggy? I assume that they are for adjusting your setup, but I have never seen them before. Where can I get a set.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhughesjr
What are those wheels on your buggy? I assume that they are for adjusting your setup, but I have never seen them before. Where can I get a set.
+1 those must be for carpet tracks!

What's really shocking about those pictures is all that money in carbon chassis, D4 motor, low profile tranny, pucks,slipper eliminator, all those aluminum pieces, and yet has nasty birdcage bullet connectors?
Old 02-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe those are best used on medium bite clay tracks with no cracks.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26

What's really shocking about those pictures is all that money in carbon chassis, D4 motor, low profile tranny, pucks,slipper eliminator, all those aluminum pieces, and yet has nasty birdcage bullet connectors?
The bird cage are fine. I use the reedy 5mm ones in my car, no issues and a better fit. solid connectors, at least in 5mm, can be very annoying. Never has issues with 5mm solid connectors, but the 5mm ones....they have sucked.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
The bird cage are fine. I use the reedy 5mm ones in my car, no issues and a better fit. solid connectors, at least in 5mm, can be very annoying. Never has issues with 5mm solid connectors, but the 5mm ones....they have sucked.
Wasn't there a big uproar a year or two ago with cheap birdcages melitng down lipos since the are inconsistent with contact? I tossed out my birdcages long ago and went solid. Good quality solid connectors are way way better in holding contact from my experience.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Just2much19

I have a very similar setup (carbon chassis, 3 gear ACRC, JC S2W). You can only run shorty packs with the laydown gear boxes because they move everything a little forward into the battery cradle area. I run SMC 4400 batteries. Yes you'll have to make a relief hole for your topshaft. I also had to trim a little more on my motor plate at the top because the body was contacting it.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Holy crap! I've hit the mother lode! I just signed up on this site and found this thread. All things B5M in one place! So cool. I've been all over "hyperspace" trying to get some schooling on my new buggy and it's all been here all along. Sheesh! Well, such is life. By the way, when did these things get so ugly? Cab forward? Yuck!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Integy makes them...
Old 02-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone know if the schelle and avid slipper parts are interchangeable? I have the avid assembly and pads but want to use the schelle spur.

Thanks!

jB
Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

^^^^ Id like to know as well
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
Anyone know if the schelle and avid slipper parts are interchangeable? I have the avid assembly and parts but want to use the schelle spur.

Thanks!

jB
Yes they are interchangeable
Old 02-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Yes they are interchangeable
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:11 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arachnidreads
could anyone explain me the difference between 17.5 Tekin and RPM?

and the Tekin ESC between Gen2 RS and Gen 2 RS Spec?

there are combo order that come $50 difference.

i did considered Reedy 540-M3 17.5 motor which also come with "SS," too. but their ESC seem skyrocketing out of my budget.

any thoughts/feedbacks would be nice.

i plan to race it mostly in small-medium indoor clay track.
If you are only running Spec motors consider the Reedy #27002 it's new and the price might be better for you. Combos will be available soon.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

They are setup wheels sometimes used in conjunction with setup board. I stuck them on there as I was rebuilding everything and to do a final measurement when I am ready.

as ridgewaybodies said Integy makes a set or you can just search setup wheels on Amazon.

Originally Posted by thecman26

If you read what I wrote I state that there would be a full re-wire but to address what you wrote, I have not had any issues with them and have used them a lot in the past.

I am currently not running anything as I am on my second back surgery and right now I am just trying to keep myself busy while I am getting used to walking again. I have stated that in one of my first posts, so I am building this in the meantime.

Thank you all who have been very helpful! Some just rather look at photos as opposed to read which I have no issue with at all. Sometimes I would rather just look at photos but at least read before you reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.