Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by TonyWest
Do you have the inserts for the alum toe blocks. They did not come in my kit.
I have the FT C and D blocks for both my cars but can't find the inserts anyplace.I know that this is profit driven business but Associated should have packaged the inserts with the blocks.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldgearhead
I have the FT C and D blocks for both my cars but can't find the inserts anyplace.I know that this is profit driven business but Associated should have packaged the inserts with the blocks.
And when the inserts wear out you have to buy everything all over again? I think we should all be happy with how AE packages their parts. Have you seen the 22 2.0 and 22-4 thread? Its ridiculous how some of these other companies are packaging their stuff. It's normal for this to happen with the release of not one but two highly anticipated cars. They will become available soon, until then you can continue to use the standard stuff. Your bling can wait a bit.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chancejeff
Well here is my almost finished wiring, I just need to get rid of the dean connectors and solder the wires to the motor. It came out cleaner then I thought but Im still not sure about it.
You may want to move the esc to the other side. The motor wires will be in the way of the thumb screws and battery strap.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
And when the inserts wear out you have to buy everything all over again? I think we should all be happy with how AE packages their parts. Have you seen the 22 2.0 and 22-4 thread? Its ridiculous how some of these other companies are packaging their stuff. It's normal for this to happen with the release of not one but two highly anticipated cars. They will become available soon, until then you can continue to use the standard stuff. Your bling can wait a bit.
Have no problem whatsoever in Associated packaging and fully understand why a lot of the parts are not available for the new cars.I was just trying to be diligent and use them on my original build to remove any mechanical variables for setup!! It's all good!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Yes sir I had the same thing with the 72 spur
Same here.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldgearhead
hobbytown tucson had some last night on the wall. About all i can say that is helpful, lol
Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know the F/R weight distribution of the B5M vs the B5?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I have been pondering on lightening this thing up a bit and need some of your guy's help.

First off, I found that the diff rings between the B4 and the B5 are the same size and that the outdrives share the same bearing dimension of 10mm. Translation= The MIP pucks outdrives will swap over to the B5 diff gear and transmission.

Second I need someone with a Losi 22 to see if your CV bones will swap over to the AE. Mainly because losi makes these:

So basically remove those off your 22 and see if you can fit them to the B5. I am just not sure if the length/barrel size/pin size is correct.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will fit which means that you could in theory buy the losi bones, press out the pins, drill out the pinhole to accept the pucks pins and have a B5 "pucks" setup.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mugenhatchie
I have a sneaking suspicion that they will fit which means that you could in theory buy the losi bones, press out the pins, drill out the pinhole to accept the pucks pins and have a B5 "pucks" setup.
You can use the B4 pucks in the B5...you just have to shim the diff a little bit and use B4 hub carriers/bearings (drill the hinge pin to 3mm).

by drilling out the pin hole to accept pucks i dont think it would be as smooth as an actual puck bone.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

So I have been pondering on lightening this thing up a bit and need some of your guy's help.

First off, I found that the diff rings between the B4 and the B5 are the same size and that the outdrives share the same bearing dimension of 10mm. Translation= The MIP pucks outdrives will swap over to the B5 diff gear and transmission.

Second I need someone with a Losi 22 to see if your CV bones will swap over to the AE. Mainly because losi makes these:

So basically remove those off your 22 and see if you can fit them to the B5. I am just not sure if the length/barrel size/pin size is correct.

I think it would be easier just to wait for MIP to release the B5 version.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
You can use the B4 pucks in the B5...you just have to shim the diff a little bit and use B4 hub carriers/bearings (drill the hinge pin to 3mm).

by drilling out the pin hole to accept pucks i dont think it would be as smooth as an actual puck bone.
I want to keep the AE axle/hubs because of the adjustments. Drilling/machining out the hole won't be an issue. I have a garage full of the right tools to do it properly. Just want to see if the length is correct and if the AE stub axles will transfer over. I just don't have a Losi 22 on my collection to gut lol.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
I think it would be easier just to wait for MIP to release the B5 version.
From what i've heard, it's going to be a while.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not to mention the losi bones are $20 and I like to tinker . If I can just port over my stuff from my 4.2 then all the better.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Translation= The MIP pucks outdrives will swap over to the B5 diff gear and transmission.
Someone already got pucks into a B5. It was either in the B5r thread or on the Facebook B5 Nation. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rigor
Someone already got pucks into a B5. It was either in the B5r thread or on the Facebook B5 Nation. Good luck.
Yeah, that was using all b4 parts...hubs, bearings, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.