R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #17956
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Hello everybody,
Does anyone know where to get, or what to use, for a 14mm rear wheel adaptor.
So I can use my 14mm hex rear wheels on this car?
Nothing is made specifically for the b5 to use 14mm hexes. You could always try and make something from a Durango or xray (or whomever else uses 14mm hexes). Unless you have a few pair of 14mm wheels you want to use I don't see any benefit. Nearly every wheel readily available in the US is 12mm hex
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #17957
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Default

i made a mistake and glued up a set of rear 2.4 tires on 2.2 wheels. will that make the car drive bad? should i just toss em or try them. trying to get ready for a big local club race friday and saturday
TJ9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #17958
Tech Elite
 
Jerm13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ9017 View Post
i made a mistake and glued up a set of rear 2.4 tires on 2.2 wheels. will that make the car drive bad? should i just toss em or try them. trying to get ready for a big local club race friday and saturday
Give the wife/ girlfriend/ mom $100 and tell her to go shopping.

After she leaves, heat the oven to 350-375*.
Turn oven off.
Throw them in there on a glass dish and wait 15-20 minutes ( make sure oven is off!!!)
Pull them out and peel the tires off.
Open all the windows and clear out the smell.
Get correct tires/rims and start over

(cheaper option)
Or... try them out and see if they work for you. Who knows
__________________
Serpent Cobra-TE RCR Nova P5 / Serpent SRX8 Werks B7ProKE
AE SC10.2/////AE B5M CE/////AKA/////Serpent America/////Desoto Racing
Spektrum Radios and Servos, Tekin Speedo's and Motors, SMC Batteries
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #17959
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstang50 View Post
I just purchased one of these kits and while installing the rear clamping 7mm hex on the upgraded axle I broke the bolt off in the hex. Is there a better aftermarket hex I can buy that will fit on the upgraded axle shaft? Thanks
I did same thing on first one then treated them with baby gloves. Been ok since then.

Anybody running roller pucks, MIP bones with stock outdrives? Any good?
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:06 PM   #17960
Tech Regular
 
Gpeters66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alton. IL
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstang50 View Post
I just purchased one of these kits and while installing the rear clamping 7mm hex on the upgraded axle I broke the bolt off in the hex. Is there a better aftermarket hex I can buy that will fit on the upgraded axle shaft? Thanks
I have seen many posts like this and they don't need to be that tight. You must realize that once the wheel is on there is absolutely no way it can fall off. I lost the screw on one one time and ran it like that forever with no problems.
__________________
Grant Peters....wave when you pass me please
Mugen MBX7r Eco, Mugen MBX7T Eco, Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite, Associated RC10SC5M
Gpeters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #17961
Tech Regular
 
Gpeters66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alton. IL
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
The AE hexes are trash. JC needs to release theirs for the cars/trucks.
I have never had a problem with any of my AE hexes.....maybe it's the hexee and not the hexes?
__________________
Grant Peters....wave when you pass me please
Mugen MBX7r Eco, Mugen MBX7T Eco, Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite, Associated RC10SC5M
Gpeters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:35 AM   #17962
Tech Champion
 
thecman26's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,689
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
I have never had a problem with any of my AE hexes.....maybe it's the hexee and not the hexes?
Same here!
__________________
Chris Keen: Viola, Kansas
Kyosho RZ6, TLR 22 3.0, TLR 4.0 SR (soon),& 22T 3.0
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!", Col. Sanders
thecman26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 AM   #17963
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Bump stop tubing: I forgot to mention that the FL is set up in the manual using 5mm spacer shock spring cups on all 4 shocks. I used the 0mm spring cups and then added the 6mm front and 9mm rear fuel tubing. So no travel loss, just a restrictive compressive bumper. Does the same thing as an oring.

Last edited by DeadstickDuck; 01-23-2016 at 03:08 PM.
DeadstickDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #17964
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 501
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm13 View Post
Give the wife/ girlfriend/ mom $100 and tell her to go shopping.

After she leaves, heat the oven to 350-375*.
Turn oven off.
Throw them in there on a glass dish and wait 15-20 minutes ( make sure oven is off!!!)
Pull them out and peel the tires off.
Open all the windows and clear out the smell.
Get correct tires/rims and start over

(cheaper option)
Or... try them out and see if they work for you. Who knows
Or just use acetone...
juicy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #17965
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadstickDuck View Post
Bottom out bumper tubing: I forgot to mention that the FL is set up in the manual using 5mm spacer shock spring cups on all 4 shocks. I used the 0mm spring cups and then added the 6mm front and 9mm rear fuel tubing. So no travel loss, just a restrictive compressive bumper.
Ok so.... You don't lose travel no matter which spring cups you use. The different height spring cups are used for:
To use the springs on several different shock length. Example: 9mm cups for putting the springs on the truck and 0mm for getting a lower ride height with the stiffer springs like running on carpet.

By adding 6mm-9mm of fuel tubing outside of the shock, you 100% limited your up travel by that same amount! All of the sizes of spring cups sit in the same position on the shock eyelet at the same height. The cups only affect the spring and where it sits.

Example:
Using the kit recommended 5mm offset cup with the white front spring set at the desired ride height is the EXACT same thing as using the 0mm offset cup with the same spring but turning the threaded shock collar down 5mm. None of the spring cups effect the up travel or down travel of the shock shaft.
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:06 AM   #17966
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Ok so.... You don't lose travel no matter which spring cups you use. The different height spring cups are used for:
To use the springs on several different shock length. Example: 9mm cups for putting the springs on the truck and 0mm for getting a lower ride height with the stiffer springs like running on carpet.

By adding 6mm-9mm of fuel tubing outside of the shock, you 100% limited your up travel by that same amount! All of the sizes of spring cups sit in the same position on the shock eyelet at the same height. The cups only affect the spring and where it sits.

Example:
Using the kit recommended 5mm offset cup with the white front spring set at the desired ride height is the EXACT same thing as using the 0mm offset cup with the same spring but turning the threaded shock collar down 5mm. None of the spring cups effect the up travel or down travel of the shock shaft.
...
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-hes-right.jpg  
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:13 AM   #17967
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,262
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
...

__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #17968
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

I elected to not really comment on the uptravel discussion, as I would not do this myself. at most I would use an oring or 2 if my bone were getting into my outdrives. But that has not been the case. So I see no need. And i definitely would not do it to keep my chassis from rubbing
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #17969
Tech Elite
 
Jerm13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy74 View Post
Or just use acetone...
If you are trying to save the tires and inserts...then no.
__________________
Serpent Cobra-TE RCR Nova P5 / Serpent SRX8 Werks B7ProKE
AE SC10.2/////AE B5M CE/////AKA/////Serpent America/////Desoto Racing
Spektrum Radios and Servos, Tekin Speedo's and Motors, SMC Batteries
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #17970
Tech Regular
 
Volition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 366
Default

3 questions for anyone who has tried the prime waterfall fan mounts ?

1. I’m going to use the WTF windy fan which is 16mm tall – I assume only the Finnisher body fits?

2. Has anyone tried a 10mm thick fan with the prime mount and got a silencer body on! Or does the extra 10mm get in the way.

3. If I want to cut the body I believe it’s illegal to cutout the body (unless the body has pre-marked air inlet marks) is that correct?
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net