Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bolt speedman
The exotec was released 36 hours ago from what I understand.my question is how do people all ready have a motor plate with shipping there no way.and besides the motor plate in the pic I've seen of friends that already have it together its not the exotec plate. I was just wondering if people have been moding the regular ones.and if so how.
Teamassociated.com the makers of the b5m have their factory team version of the motor plate in stock and available. I passed on the exotek because it has vents milled into it and not sealed.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Socket
Um, check out rc10.Com or teamassociated.com...it's in stock there.
Wasn't available when I placed the initial order.....I checked. I will check it out again, thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Sorry I'm late with these...

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/rdrp-b5...nk-motorplate/

New from Revolution Design Racing Products comes the B5 lightweight heatsink motorplate for the Team Associated B5 buggy. The part is a direct replacement for the standard motor plate on the B5, B5M and T5M and it sports an updated design with machined cooling fins that reduce the weight and improve cooling without sacrificing rigidity. The closed design keeps dirt out of the pinion and main gear area allowing to run the part in every racing condition. The motorplate is cut from aircraft quality 7075-T6 aluminium and it comes blue anodised and laser etched to match with the remainder of RDRP’s Team Associated option parts.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Shocked that not that many are looking to trade for a RB6 lol.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default ...continued

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/exotek-...pension-parts/

Exotek have three new aluminium option parts for the Team Associated B5 buggy available in the form of a 3-gear motor plate, an angled front hinge pin brace and a B5M rear hanger set. Starting with the motor plate, the part is specially designed for the use with the new 3-gear transmission and it comes machined from high-quality aluminium. The vented design with heavy machining not only reduces the weight but also allows for improved heat dissipation of the motor and slipper clutch. Weighing in at 13g the plate is around 6.5g lighter than the stock part and it is available in blue or black anodising.
The second new part is the CNC-machined 7075 aluminium front hinge brace for the B5 and T5. Machined to be extra lightweight yet strong the angled design keeps the brace from digging into the track. The brace comes with a polished finish in blue or black anodising. Also new is a rear hanger set for the mid motor B5M. Designed to allow the standard low roll centre position or an optional high roll centre setting by utilising the included 1mm shim set. The set helps to adjust the roll centre by placing the rectangle shim on top of the hanger for a standard low roll centre or below the hanger for the optional high roll centre. Using a HRC can give more on power traction, it frees up the rear at mid corner and creates less CVD bone plunge. Like the other B5 series parts the hanger set is available in blue or black anodising.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default continued...

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/schelle...-22-ti-screws/

New from Schelle Racing Innovations comes a 6-piece ball bearing set for Team Associated’s new B5M 3-gear gearbox and a 40-piece titanium screw set for the TLR 22 2.0 mid motor buggy. Starting with the bearings, the set contains four 5x10mm and two 10x15mm Black Diamond series bearings, making it ideal especially for stock class racers who seek the ultimate performance as the super low drag ballraces come with metal shields and they are oiled for minimum drag.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default part three

http://www.redrc.net/2015/01/rdrp-b5...ront-bulkhead/

The new Revolution Design Racing Products B5 series brass Multi Option front bulkhead set is made to replace the standard plastic composite bulkhead on B5, B5M and T5M kits with a heavier part in order to adjust the vehicle’s weight distribution. The part is made from high-quality brass material and it comes laser-etched for easy identification. Included is also an aluminium front suspension pin brace to round out the factory look and to help add rigidity. While the heavy brass part shifts the weight distribution to the front of the vehicle in order to reduce wheelies on high-bite surfaces the part also helps to calm down the front end on bumpy surfaces and it can help adding steering in low-bite conditions. On top of that the included delrin bulkhead inserts allow to run 25 degree or 30 degree wishbone kick-up to further fine-tune the steering characteristics without having to swap the whole bulkhead.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bolt speedman
The exotec was released 36 hours ago from what I understand.my question is how do people all ready have a motor plate with shipping there no way.and besides the motor plate in the pic I've seen of friends that already have it together its not the exotec plate. I was just wondering if people have been moding the regular ones.and if so how.
One of the best things about MikeR @ Exotek is that when the press release for the part hits redrc, it is usually in stock on his website.

I'm sure other parts vendors will be releasing other plates very soon. Avid or Jconcepts come to mind. I'm sure they have them coming.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone have any suggestions on gearing for a orion r10 pro with a tekin gen 2 7.5
Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like that, when you see it you can get it. Sometimes release with a three month wait is agonizing.....longer then a damn iPhone
Old 01-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sneako
I read in the T5M discussion thread that AE isn't planning on releasing a rear motor version of the truck. It's in a forum so it must be true.

Do you guys think this is an indication that the RM B5 is on its way out? I'm sure AE has been watching the forums and it's obvious that the MM has a greater following which obviously translates to sales.

I'm thinking the Factory Team version will be MM only and a RM conversion kit will be offered.
Not sure if it would be all the way out, they already tooled for the RM specific parts and 2wd buggy is more popular than stadium truck - so they may keep the RM buggy going for a while. Also, if they drop the B4.2 RS RTR they could replace it with the RM B5 in RTR form since they already have the molds and parts available.

I am curious to see what the new SCT will be, especially since Cavalieri has been so successful with the SC10 in rear motor configuration.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyok2
Anyone have any suggestions on gearing for a orion r10 pro with a tekin gen 2 7.5
21 / 81 adjust from there.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

win is wc coming back?
Old 01-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by vito
win is wc coming back?
What's up dude?
Old 01-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

My 3 gear review is simple, it's good Less good in dusty conditions, the thing I noticed most was it unloading the rear under braking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.