R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #17206
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I just ordered a b5m to race on carpet at my lhs, I currently race sct there with my son. We run the castle sct combo 1410 motor 3800 kv and have had great luck with them, I was wondering if anybody here has run this combo in this buggy. I am leaning towards this because of our experience we have had and I already have the programmer to tune it as well. Being somewhat new to the hobby I wanted to get some input to see if this would be too much for the lighter chassis of the buggy and cause difficulty driving due to excessive power. I would really like to spend $120 max for a motor esc combo if anyone has any other suggestions. My lhs is the only place we race and I only do this for fun on Friday nights so I am not looking for a high end pro setup, just something that's reliable like we already have in our sc trucks. Thank you for any input.
Ghk700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #17207
a1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone have a good setup for a mid traction dirt track to get me started? The track is bumpy and rutted with large jumps.
a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #17208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghk700 View Post
Hey guys I just ordered a b5m to race on carpet at my lhs, I currently race sct there with my son. We run the castle sct combo 1410 motor 3800 kv and have had great luck with them, I was wondering if anybody here has run this combo in this buggy. I am leaning towards this because of our experience we have had and I already have the programmer to tune it as well. Being somewhat new to the hobby I wanted to get some input to see if this would be too much for the lighter chassis of the buggy and cause difficulty driving due to excessive power. I would really like to spend $120 max for a motor esc combo if anyone has any other suggestions. My lhs is the only place we race and I only do this for fun on Friday nights so I am not looking for a high end pro setup, just something that's reliable like we already have in our sc trucks. Thank you for any input.
I would stick with what you already know and have had success with. No point in re-learning. Keep the motor in the 3800-4300KV range and you are good. Unless you are going to be running a "stoc" or spec class. Then get the motor according to the rules. Good luck.
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #17209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
anyone have a good setup for a mid traction dirt track to get me started? The track is bumpy and rutted with large jumps.
The kit set-up is a pretty good starting point. Maybe a little softer on the shock oils, say 2.5-5 wt, and adjust from there. I have found it to be a pretty neutral set-up. Not a lot of push in the front, or loose rear end...
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #17210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (99%+)

Does the CE kit come with machined V2 pistons or chrome V2 shock shafts?
pink_sleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #17211
Tech Initiate

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I'm unable to locate it. Has or does anyone use the MIP 3gear aluminum trans? I run stock and wondering if it's worth it. I can get one for about $30 new so I think it's a pretty good deal. I just don't want to have any adverse effects on my car.
Polock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #17212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
Does the CE kit come with machined V2 pistons or chrome V2 shock shafts?
I'm pretty sure no V2 pistons and shafts, just Kashima shocks
Old 12-11-2015, 06:43 AM   #17213
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polock View Post
I'm sure this has been talked about before but I'm unable to locate it. Has or does anyone use the MIP 3gear aluminum trans? I run stock and wondering if it's worth it. I can get one for about $30 new so I think it's a pretty good deal. I just don't want to have any adverse effects on my car.
30 bucks is a good deal, I have not heard anything bad about it other then cost.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:52 AM   #17214
Tech Apprentice

Default GEAR DIFF

Found it. Did a search.

Last edited by retat; 12-11-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: found it
retat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:16 AM   #17215
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default B5m or B5m lite for mod motors?

Currently running a Centro c4.2 and getting back to the track (indoor clay) - looking at a new ride. b5m or b5m lite for running mod motors? main question relates to the 3 gear trans, no so much weight. Does the 3 gear trans still work well in the air?...brake to fly wing high. As I understand, with 3 gear, less force is put on the front of the car during braking, more on acceleration - I could have this backwards.

thanks.
hsp-sandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:20 AM   #17216
Tech Regular

speed passion revention pro. or check used / classifieds here for something. the Viper stuff is very good and very little soldering needed (motor only) - easy to program with the card and smooth.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #17217
Tech Regular

Quote:
speed passion revention pro combo - check ebay. or check used / classifieds here for something. the Viper stuff is very good and very little soldering needed (motor only) - easy to program with the card and smooth.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #17218
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
I found a good deal, Trackstar 120a esc and Trackstar motor, $95 with programming box! Not bad huh? Heard pretty good things about them. Jason Snyder did a video on the esc and programming box.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #17219
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego View Post
Currently running a Centro c4.2 and getting back to the track (indoor clay) - looking at a new ride. b5m or b5m lite for running mod motors? main question relates to the 3 gear trans, no so much weight. Does the 3 gear trans still work well in the air?...brake to fly wing high. As I understand, with 3 gear, less force is put on the front of the car during braking, more on acceleration - I could have this backwards.

thanks.
If you go to the AE website they list the B5M as being discontinued and the CE version is considered a limited release so I would assume the lite will be the go to car for both mod and stock.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #17220
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I found a good deal, Trackstar 120a esc and Trackstar motor, $95 with programming box! Not bad huh? Heard pretty good things about them. Jason Snyder did a video on the esc and programming box.
I run FE Boats and run the Turnigy ESCs the T180 and they are pretty much the standard we use at the boat pond - very solid, reliable with good performance, simple program card.