R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #16981
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHOENIX AZ
Posts: 688
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
"If" there is a "new" car my guess is 4-6 months from now. But....it wont be anything magical or just. Just a reboxing of the current parts available.
Remember they haven't updated the RTR's yet maybe that will be the next step there is still a lot good about the B5M LT they don't really need a change we love these out of the box, we upgrade for the OCD in all of us.
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:06 PM   #16982
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,907
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
Remember they haven't updated the RTR's yet maybe that will be the next step there is still a lot good about the B5M LT they don't really need a change we love these out of the box, we upgrade for the OCD in all of us.
yeah, I am really surprised about the lack of the B5 series RTR. I really thought the RM car would go that route. The alum suspension holders are nice. They remove the play front to back in the rear arms. and again the shock upgrades would be nice. I do not see them doing much more than that
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:59 PM   #16983
Tech Regular
 
gooba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: grimes,ia
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

b5 rtrs will come out once the 4 series cars inventory is gone is what my LHS was told. Once that happens I look for them to release the RTRs for all 3 platforms as well as FT kits for all 3 cars(b5m,t5m,sc5m). But I would look for a new 4wd platform before anything
__________________
I spend money I don't have on parts I don't need to beat people I don't know
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #16984
Tech Fanatic
 
mr240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Whats a better choice for stock class. Lite or CE. Track is indoor clay.
mr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #16985
Tech Elite
 
Jerm13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr240 View Post
Whats a better choice for stock class. Lite or CE. Track is indoor clay.
Wouldn't see why you just wouldn't get the CE period. Options for arms, tannys, slippers. Also getting the good shocks with it. And you are only spending another $50. The extra parts alone are about $90 by them selves...

If you are worried about the chassis that much, do what I did and get one off E-bay for $40 to go along with your CE kit

I got it for the flex more than for its lighter weight as the tracks I run at are more medium bite covered in dust and sand than anything.
__________________
Serpent Cobra-TE RCR Nova P5 / Serpent SRX8 Werks B7ProKE
AE SC10.2/////AE B5M CE/////AKA/////Serpent America/////Desoto Racing
Spektrum Radios and Servos, Tekin Speedo's and Motors, SMC Batteries
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #16986
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr240 View Post
Whats a better choice for stock class. Lite or CE. Track is indoor clay.
the CE is cheaper and comes with more stuff...

Order the CE from AE website, and a lite chassis.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #16987
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

AE could fix the front bumper hinge pin getting rubbed down and scrupping speed. I tried the exotek and it still scrapes. Have to take it all the way off and cut hinge pins but don't want to bother with machine shop. Anybody try the mod or have an outlet?

I got the lite chassis on B5m, now getting CE and will keep lite chassis for back up if needed. I never ran both chassis back to back to really get the difference in feel.
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #16988
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
AE could fix the front bumper hinge pin getting rubbed down and scrupping speed. I tried the exotek and it still scrapes. Have to take it all the way off and cut hinge pins but don't want to bother with machine shop. Anybody try the mod or have an outlet?

I got the lite chassis on B5m, now getting CE and will keep lite chassis for back up if needed. I never ran both chassis back to back to really get the difference in feel.
Machine shop? Just use a cutoff wheel in a dremel and boom, done in 2 minutes.
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #16989
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,110
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
INSANE.

The CE for $259 shipped is crazy. They've completely undercut all of their resellers with that. Damn.
Real nice.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #16990
Tech Fanatic
 
dirt42fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 819
Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephus View Post
Thanks Jpdanger and Sean B. for your feedback about CB's. Looks like I'll use Speedy's when I decide to order. Glad I asked.

Anyone else have input on cut gears? So far I haven't heard anyone report issues with durability, which was my main concern when considering them.
Its funny how people always tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. You will never see a post about how great someone's buying experience is on here you will only see the bad ones and that sucks! While I cannot speak personally about your experiences I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience with CB or his products. Always responded in a timely manner and I have never had a parts failure. Maybe he didnt respond in the time you think he should have or whatever but lets face it, I am pretty sure he is not making a living cutting plastic gears 10 hours a day folks. I am pretty sure he has a real job and family and does it to support the hobby he loves just like us. Give people a break!
__________________
"Never apologize for hard racing" Scott Bloomquist
dirt42fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #16991
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt42fan View Post
Its funny how people always tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. You will never see a post about how great someone's buying experience is on here you will only see the bad ones and that sucks! While I cannot speak personally about your experiences I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience with CB or his products. Always responded in a timely manner and I have never had a parts failure. Maybe he didnt respond in the time you think he should have or whatever but lets face it, I am pretty sure he is not making a living cutting plastic gears 10 hours a day folks. I am pretty sure he has a real job and family and does it to support the hobby he loves just like us. Give people a break!
I get what you are saying. Really I do. Comments about negative experiences are indeed what make it onto the internet more readily, because those that get burned on something are way more motivated to spread the word (out of anger and spite) than a satisfied customer (who is happy and has moved on).....and that is something I take into account. It is also a really good reason that a business should be concerned about making customers happy.

But.....when I hear people report a problem on the exact item I asked about from a certain company, and I have the choice to order from the other company (which they did in fact give a legit compliment to), should I choose to then order from the company with negative feedback? What would you do in that instance?

Last edited by Zephus; 12-01-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Zephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #16992
Tech Regular
 
awidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Angry question

i just upgraded my b5m to the 3 gear transmission. And purchased all the items said needed to upgrade it. When i went online and looked at the b5m lite instruction manual it says to put 2 #1733 diff shims on each side of the outdrives, the stock 4 gear transmission does not use diff shims and no where did it say you needed those to convert to 3 gear transmission, Is this needed and did anyone else notice this? help would be appreciated, have to order a $1.69 part now to get the transmission to work properly?, and pay $10 shipping to get it here for weekend.

thanks
awidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #16993
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,907
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awidz View Post
i just upgraded my b5m to the 3 gear transmission. And purchased all the items said needed to upgrade it. When i went online and looked at the b5m lite instruction manual it says to put 2 #1733 diff shims on each side of the outdrives, the stock 4 gear transmission does not use diff shims and no where did it say you needed those to convert to 3 gear transmission, Is this needed and did anyone else notice this? help would be appreciated, have to order a $1.69 part now to get the transmission to work properly?, and pay $10 shipping to get it here for weekend.

thanks
Shims are not always the same from car to car. In short, your car will not explode from not having the shims, but you will have a little side to side play. Build your 3 gear and see how much play you have. you might not have any at all.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #16994
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awidz View Post
i just upgraded my b5m to the 3 gear transmission. And purchased all the items said needed to upgrade it. When i went online and looked at the b5m lite instruction manual it says to put 2 #1733 diff shims on each side of the outdrives, the stock 4 gear transmission does not use diff shims and no where did it say you needed those to convert to 3 gear transmission, Is this needed and did anyone else notice this? help would be appreciated, have to order a $1.69 part now to get the transmission to work properly?, and pay $10 shipping to get it here for weekend.

thanks
I have run it without the shims no issue at all. When the three gear came out the lite was not out yet and nobody mentioned shims. The shims were added to the lite kit. Run it and when you need a diff rebuild down the road put the shims in if you want to.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #16995
Tech Master
 
BRSracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
the CE is cheaper and comes with more stuff...

Order the CE from AE website, and a lite chassis.
You don't need a lite chassis in my opinion, especially if your running a lower turn motor than a 17.5. Even with a 17.5 the regular chassis weight is better for tracks that are not high grip.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
Halert71
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net