R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 11-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #16726
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Im not that familiar with the difficulty in working with titanium, but I came across this article which explains things nicely, a quick yet informative read.

http://www.cimcool.com/wp-content/up...ngtitanium.pdf

D.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #16727
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Since the top shaft gear is small adding teeth changes the gear ratio a lot. More than the corresponding changes in the larger gears. At least that is what I ran into when I looked into it during a similar conversation a while back.

A 2 gear would be similar to a 4 gear for handling-weight transfer. The key difference between 3 & 4 gear is the direction of motor rotation and thus torque reaction and inertia effects. 2 gear would be same as 4 gear.
That's a good sign the upcoming lower transmission will end the constant transmission upgrades. Thanks
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #16728
Tech Fanatic

I have finished putting the factory "lite" together everything was extremely simple with the exception of two screws that didn't fully tighten, I guess that would be a plus that all the components were in place. Has anyone else had less than snug plastics?
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #16729
tc1
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
I have finished putting the factory "lite" together everything was extremely simple with the exception of two screws that didn't fully tighten, I guess that would be a plus that all the components were in place. Has anyone else had less than snug plastics?
Which screws didn't tighten correctly? Ive probly built at least ten of these buggies and never had an issue. I just wonder since theres so many different lengths of screws, maybe a couple got mixed up along the way.....

Travis
tc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #16730
Tech Fanatic

FYI they were minor. The smaller bleed hole screw and the smaller hinge pin retainer screw. Just one each out of four. That still frustrates me cuz I know that it's there
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0

Last edited by Keith B; 11-14-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: more comment
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #16731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just made the plunge back to AE 2wd...Was on the fence between this one and the new 22 3.0.

Had the LHS order a CE kit for my daughter I figure might as well get the best of the best with all the bells and whistles.
Along with it, I got the X-rings and Schelle motor centering kit.

Going to run the flat arms with the 4 gear tranny and VTS slipper. Tekin speedo and 10.5 motor, track is small ( 17-18 seconds lap) medium to medium-high grip. But I do have a couple more questions since the wife gave me a green light with the credit card, better get everything I may need...

Is anyone running any brass weights?? Brass or Aluminum C or D blocks? Front bulk head? Stick on weights.. been looking at a lot of set-ups and have only see one that mentioned added weight ( 14 grams) which tells me it was 2 stick on chunks...
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #16732
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm13 View Post
Just made the plunge back to AE 2wd...Was on the fence between this one and the new 22 3.0.

Had the LHS order a CE kit for my daughter I figure might as well get the best of the best with all the bells and whistles.
Along with it, I got the X-rings and Schelle motor centering kit.

Going to run the flat arms with the 4 gear tranny and VTS slipper. Tekin speedo and 10.5 motor, track is small ( 17-18 seconds lap) medium to medium-high grip. But I do have a couple more questions since the wife gave me a green light with the credit card, better get everything I may need...

Is anyone running any brass weights?? Brass or Aluminum C or D blocks? Front bulk head? Stick on weights.. been looking at a lot of set-ups and have only see one that mentioned added weight ( 14 grams) which tells me it was 2 stick on chunks...
Before we can answer any of your questions, what surface are you running on?
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #16733
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Jerm try not to run any of the brass parts. If you need help just instant message me
Old 11-14-2015, 06:56 PM   #16734
Tech Elite

Quote:
track is small ( 17-18 seconds lap) medium to medium-high grip....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
Before we can answer any of your questions, what surface are you running on?
Indoor clay.. medium to medium high grip. Moist but not wet, hard pack with some dust and loose spots. Most race days, the first heat or 2 are small pin ( hole shots, gridirons, impacts, hybrids) 2-3 qual you can run bar styles but have to mind the rear end and by the main, all bar style is what I run.

For her, she has been running JC Hybrids and Reflex in soft and super soft compounds and they are working really well. She is still a little jerky on the throttle but is getting smoother every time we go.
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Old 11-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #16735
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Jerm try not to run any of the brass parts. If you need help just instant message me
Thanks KC. Did you see the post about the B5 balls and cups in the 44.3 thread?

Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #16736
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Indoor clay.. medium to medium high grip. Moist but not wet, hard pack with some dust and loose spots. Most race days, the first heat or 2 are small pin ( hole shots, gridirons, impacts, hybrids) 2-3 qual you can run bar styles but have to mind the rear end and by the main, all bar style is what I run.

For her, she has been running JC Hybrids and Reflex in soft and super soft compounds and they are working really well. She is still a little jerky on the throttle but is getting smoother every time we go.
I wouldn't buy any brass just yet. Run the car and see how feels. If you feel it needs weight than add it. Look what guys are running around you. A properly set up B5M shouldn't need a ton of weight added (Its not a tlr where u need a brick sitting on it :P ).
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #16737
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me the weight difference between the stock plastic front bulkhead and the AE brand aluminum bulkhead? I know the alum. one is 15g but not sure on the plastic one. Looking for a small amount of additional weight but not the brass piece
TravisS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #16738
Tech Rookie

I think it's 8g. I'm running plastic bulkhead with the 15g weight. Seemed to really help my cornering.
ThunderKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #16739
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKen View Post
I think it's 8g. I'm running plastic bulkhead with the 15g weight. Seemed to really help my cornering.
Might try that. I'm running stock buggy and recently switched from square pack to shorty because the buggy is faster and lap times are better but now it's pushing a little in the corners.
TravisS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 AM   #16740
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisS27 View Post
Can anyone tell me the weight difference between the stock plastic front bulkhead and the AE brand aluminum bulkhead? I know the alum. one is 15g but not sure on the plastic one. Looking for a small amount of additional weight but not the brass piece
I weighed my 25 degree plastic bulkhead, 5.75g.
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is online now   Reply With Quote