R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #16186
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndriver View Post
Hi

I just got a slightly used B5m and with it came a Reedy Sonic motor. The seller told me that it had a different rotor in it that was for 1s batteries. In a container he had the one for 2s.
I began to change them and found that the supposed 2s rotor does not fit either the bearings at each end of the motor.

I went on to Associated's site and there are many different rotors but no information on them.

The rotor that fits has written on it: Reedy Sonic s12.3 x 25.0. On the flat part of the shaft is the Associated id number for the rotor on the site which is 955.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?
Thanks, in advance.
John
There is a reedy thread around here somewhere but....I think the std rotor that comes with the spec motors is a 956. Does the other rotor have any markings?

Try asking here: Reedy!

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:21 PM   #16187
Tech Rookie

Default Weight of a Stock Factory Lite Chassis pan

Does anyone know the weight of the chassis pan in the new Factory Lite Rc10B5M ?
Stampy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #16188
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your suggestion Matt.
I took a look at the Reedy thread and it has only recently become active again. I will try calling Associated in the morning and report back here in case this is important for anyone else.

There are no marks at all on the supposed 2s rotor. It is all black.
johndriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #16189
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

All black rotor is commonly the X12 old rotors they ran in the X12 motors. Egh rotors, I wouldn't run them.
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #16190
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndriver View Post
Hi

I just got a slightly used B5m and with it came a Reedy Sonic motor. The seller told me that it had a different rotor in it that was for 1s batteries. In a container he had the one for 2s.
I began to change them and found that the supposed 2s rotor does not fit either the bearings at each end of the motor.

I went on to Associated's site and there are many different rotors but no information on them.

The rotor that fits has written on it: Reedy Sonic s12.3 x 25.0. On the flat part of the shaft is the Associated id number for the rotor on the site which is 955.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?
Thanks, in advance.
John
I don't quite understand the situation you are in, but i can give u some insight on the 1s 2s deal.

Reedy's new 17.5 and 13.5 mach 3 motors come in a normal version and a "1s" version or as some call it a "short stack". The short stack or 1s version was meant for pan car racing with 1s batteries but have proved to be an amazing motor in 17.5 buggy. Now, i always thought the short stack just had a shorter stator. Someone else can shine some light on exactly what it is and maybe what rotor you need to be using.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #16191
Suspended

Anyone know when the factory team world championship edition will be released? Or at least how long, after winning such an event, do they usually take to release? B5m 4 gear transmission, lite 3 gear, and next will be super low 3 gear yz-2 style. Is next month or this year wishful thinking? That be a great Christmas gift to myself, even better if it was an early Christmas gift.
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 AM   #16192
Tech Regular

Anyone done a maintenance schedule with checklists? If so put up the attachment please.

Also I finished the fdr chart with only the pinion spur combos that fit. I'll post it once I can get to a PC. Cannot do it from iPad.
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #16193
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Anyone know when the factory team world championship edition will be released? Or at least how long, after winning such an event, do they usually take to release? B5m 4 gear transmission, lite 3 gear, and next will be super low 3 gear yz-2 style. Is next month or this year wishful thinking? That be a great Christmas gift to myself, even better if it was an early Christmas gift.
I don't expect them to release a Worlds edition AT ALL.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #16194
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy79 View Post
Does anyone know the weight of the chassis pan in the new Factory Lite Rc10B5M ?
Yes, a simple search would show pictures of the exact weights.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:12 AM   #16195
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
It won't happen. We talked about this a few pages back when some guy told us AE owes it to us to make that car. You can get close, and buy the reds workshop stuff, which doesn't work with the Lite setup.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #16196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Do you race on Astro? That setup works for Astro only which is a high bite surface. Which for 95% of American tracks will not work. Practice is more important.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #16197
Tech Adept

So why don't they show us the prototype, if they don't want to commercialize it ?
Why so much mystery ... even after the worlds ??
5tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #16198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tone View Post
So why don't they show us the prototype, if they don't want to commercialize it ?
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/11/t...odded-b5m-2wd/

Nothing fancy, just a lay-down transmission with shocks mounted to the front of the rear a-arms.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #16199
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tone View Post
I saw it up close. It looked pretty nice. AE definitely engineered to win. The car was like art work. I understand it will be on display at the AE HQ, stop by and ask to look at it.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #16200
Tech Initiate

Default Axel movement question.

Hi

Thanks to those who gave me some info on the motor.

I have been going over my used frame and have found that all for axels have quite a bit of movement in and out of the bearings in the hub. I can push and pull them very easily. The rears have a lot more movement, about 1mm on each side.

On the front shimming the screw does not help unless I used shims that were the size of the axel. The bearings feel ok but I wonder if the races are worn just enough for the inner one to move a bit and allow the axel to move.
Anyone had this problem?
johndriver is offline   Reply With Quote