R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 10-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #16081
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just want the new silencer....
noproblems209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #16082
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noproblems209 View Post
I just want the new silencer....
I want that new warrior body! Looks sick
Old 10-16-2015, 06:21 AM   #16083
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i just want a sammich!

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #16084
Tech Adept

I want those new jconcepts carbon shocktowers.
+10 style points

Actually im wondering if they changed any of the geometry, id assume the front tower is coming out for b5 or b5m heights. Or it could be completely different.
gokarter64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #16085
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
10 dollars more and you can do carbon fiber chassis.
Have you ran the CF chassis? There's a reason the plan B and X factory aren't on every b5m out there....
Old 10-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #16086
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
Is Swiss 7075 made with unicorn tears and glitter?
In my testing...I wasn't a fan of 7075. The SLRC 6061 chassis is still my favorite.*

*I haven't tried the B5M lite chassis, which is also 7075. I have however ran an oem chassis that had been milled, and it was garbage.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #16087
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Jconcepts is making the Factory team car we all want that AE is either not making or hasn't released yet And comparing them to Integy is down right offensive as integy is cheap junk that no self respecting racer would ever run on their car
JC is making parts for the most popular RC car made right now. Being able to customize your car is 75% of the reason to buy these aftermarket parks. Very few of us are more worried about lap times and performance than anything else. To very, very few of "us" 2 tenths can be huge....where most are battling to make a complete run with a lap that doesn't have a crash.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #16088
Tech Regular

Due to my girlfried asking for her own buggy (after just 4 days of racing the B4.2RS), I am thinking of what to do.
Here in germany we have a kind of sale where we get 1x B5 and 1xB5M as double kit for 450$ (including taxes and shipping). I am thinking of buying that kit, sell the B5 and Keep the B5M.
But I've never build a buggy from scratch so I defintly need help on what I have to buy till Ready to Race.

I think I'd need:
Motor & ESC Kombo
Tyres
Servo
Receiver
Paint for the Body
(Any lubricants or/and oils?)

Hopefully you can help me, because I'd like to save some kkind of RTR Kit price tag on the B5m - thats why I would also need some recomendations for a good basic setup on the B5M (especially Motor & ESC) - I've no ambition on taking serios races (so I wont need the supreme stuff in the B5m )

hopefully you can help me (and my girlfriend )

thanks & regards from damn cold munich
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #16089
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
Due to my girlfried asking for her own buggy (after just 4 days of racing the B4.2RS), I am thinking of what to do.
Here in germany we have a kind of sale where we get 1x B5 and 1xB5M as double kit for 450$ (including taxes and shipping). I am thinking of buying that kit, sell the B5 and Keep the B5M.
But I've never build a buggy from scratch so I defintly need help on what I have to buy till Ready to Race.

I think I'd need:
Motor & ESC Kombo
Tyres
Servo
Receiver
Paint for the Body

Hopefully you can help me, because I'd like to save some kkind of RTR Kit price tag on the B5m - thats why I would also need some recomendations for a good basic setup on the B5M (especially Motor & ESC) - I've no ambition on taking serios races (so I wont need the supreme stuff in the B5m )

You will also need a shorty, square, or saddle battery packs. The long straight packs you can run in a b4 won't fit in a 5th gen buggy.

For setup, we need to know what surface your running on. Anything high traction and most people will just tell you to run the manual setup and change from there.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #16090
Tech Regular

Quote:

I think I'd need:
Motor & ESC Kombo
Tyres
Servo
Receiver
Paint for the Body

Do the two of you share one car? I'm assuming you would both prefer to have your own car.

What you could do is buy the B5 + B5M combo kit and buy an electronics setup from hobbyking.com for the B5M. You could probably get a decent intro setup for less than $100. I'd take the electronics out of the B4.2 and put it into the B5. B5 is a durable car and parts availability will be better and for longer with the B5 than the B4.2. Sell the B4.2.

Or...take the electronics out of the B4.2 and put it into the B5M. Now, you have one working car. Buy a B5 > B5M conversion kit on eBay (about $100 plus or minus). Buy an electronics set up for the newly converted B5M from hobbyking.com. Now you have two working cars that you could race if you choose.

"What I say makes sense in my head. Once it comes out of my mouth it's for you to figure out." -me
Jpdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #16091
Tech Regular

Thats some nice ideas there Especially the sell the B4.2 and use this Setup one the B5(m). Havent thought of that! Thanks!

@Brandon: During Winter I will mostly run (for training) in parking lots or if possible on light gravel tracks. When my nearest tracks open in spring I will definitely drive there most (I dont know the exact english words, so take a picture of the track )

@Jpdanger: Any suggestions on the Hobbyking Set? I just found this one but I am not experienced enough to tell more. A friend says he goes with the LRP Sets.
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #16092
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
The problem with this, is that there is very little market for a B5. You might be able to sell it for $150... and you're left with a $300 B5m, that costs less then that by itself. And you have to go through the hassle of trying to find a buyer.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #16093
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats some nice ideas there Especially the sell the B4.2 and use this Setup one the B5(m). Havent thought of that! Thanks!

@Brandon: During Winter I will mostly run (for training) in parking lots or if possible on light gravel tracks. When my nearest tracks open in spring I will definitely drive there most (I dont know the exact english words, so take a picture of the track )

@Jpdanger: Any suggestions on the Hobbyking Set? I just found this one but I am not experienced enough to tell more. A friend says he goes with the LRP Sets.
make sure you get a B5M Lite, also. The "Lite" part is important
Old 10-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #16094
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
In my testing...I wasn't a fan of 7075. The SLRC 6061 chassis is still my favorite.*

*I haven't tried the B5M lite chassis, which is also 7075. I have however ran an oem chassis that had been milled, and it was garbage.
I have the light chassis and I really want to try the SLRC.

Is the difference between 7075 and 6061 the thickness?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #16095
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast8 View Post
I have the light chassis and I really want to try the SLRC.

Is the difference between 7075 and 6061 the thickness?
Just to preface this - look at my last entry, I have ZERO experience with the Lite chassis.

That said, the SLRC is .5mm thinner than stock b5m, and is 6061. That said, I am unsure on the thickness of the Lite chassis. The SLRC to me is perfect for flex on both high bite clay, and on low bite outdoor. The Xfactory chassis was like a wet rubber band.