R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #16051
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
haha, I said the ones that came with the lite and sc5m are fine. It is the oem replacements that give me a fit, lol. Maybe a running change that has not fully hit the shelves yet?
That doesn't explain the ones that came in the kit I bought a year ago.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #16052
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
That doesn't explain the ones that came in the kit I bought a year ago.
I guess you are just super lucky. You should play the lotto lol. I tried 4 packages of spares and all cause severe binding. I even tried to sand the inserts and whatnot. I popped the insert out of my sc5m and tried those and they were butter, so it is not the hub.


Actually, machined inserts might be the ticket. The slop I have seen comes from the insert wearing, not the hub. But an alum insert might wear the hubs, so the play may still exist.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #16053
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

If you're wearing the insert, you're a talented fellow.

Gluing inserts is pretty easy. Grab a set of junk bearings (kit bearings..). Put them in the insert, put insert in the steering block. I then insert one of the AE axles. Make sure everything is lined up, then run a small bead of glue around the seams.

TKO specials or avid revo bearings when the glue is set. I made 3 sets this way and never had trouble. I also never had wear on any of these components.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #16054
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
If you're wearing the insert, you're a talented fellow.

Gluing inserts is pretty easy. Grab a set of junk bearings (kit bearings..). Put them in the insert, put insert in the steering block. I then insert one of the AE axles. Make sure everything is lined up, then run a small bead of glue around the seams.

TKO specials or avid revo bearings when the glue is set. I made 3 sets this way and never had trouble. I also never had wear on any of these components.
There lies the issue. how to make the inserts align. mine snap in tight, so not like I can wiggle the straight. I tried to use the axle and apply force in various direction to align the bearing, but no go.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #16055
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
There lies the issue. how to make the inserts align. mine snap in tight, so not like I can wiggle the straight. I tried to use the axle and apply force in various direction to align the bearing, but no go.
Strange. 100 some odd B5ms at my track of various ages, and I've never seen anybody with this issue.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #16056
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Apparently I received the one and only set of front hubs that are perfect. no glue required...
So awesome how that statement sounds like your avatar
__________________
MOD: A800X R1 Digital-2 MM Fleta ZX 5.0T|||VTA: A700 Orca VX3 R1 25.5V16 |||F1:
Roche EVO R1 Digital-2 R1 21.5V16|||Sanwa M12S|||iCharger 406Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #16057
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Strange. 100 some odd B5ms at my track of various ages, and I've never seen anybody with this issue.
lol, what can I say. I take the "good" inserts out of my sc5m and b5m lite and put them in my car with my existing hubs and they work fine. I have come at this issue from many different directions. but those inserts with issue never work in any front hub, but the "good" inserts work in every hub without failure. Even using the crappy kit bearings. I am 100% sure I have several crappy +4 inserts from the spares I bought. I even tried hard hubs and hard inserts, same issues. Even tried hard inserts in plastic hubs. and plastic inserts in hard hubs. Every single package of spare front hubs I have purchased dont work right. I have only had success with the inserts from the sc5m and b5m lite.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #16058
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 225
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/rc10b5m-honeycomb-lightweight-chassis

$89. Eeek.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #16059
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
So awesome how that statement sounds like your avatar
I was hoping someone noticed this. But in all seriousness, Wildcat has huge issues with the hubs and mine are fine, have been fine since I built the car. I just like making sure he knows mine are fine.

Oh...and my ballcups are perfect so you all must be doing something wrong, lol.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #16060
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, what can I say. .
I'm not saying I don't believe you... I totally do. Heck I remember a time in this thread where there were people that didn't believe the other people claiming they had overly tight ballcups. It was assumed by many that they were just assembling them wrong, because THEIR ballcups were fine.

I just find it strange! Some strange bad luck there!

(EDIT: SNAP!! I was ninja'd by Matt... )
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #16061
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I'm not saying I don't believe you... I totally do. Heck I remember a time in this thread where there were people that didn't believe the other people claiming they had overly tight ballcups. It was assumed by many that they were just assembling them wrong, because THEIR ballcups were fine.

I just find it strange! Some strange bad luck there!

(EDIT: SNAP!! I was ninja'd by Matt... )
To be clear, my spare parts were bought when the RM car was released, so they are old. New, but old. Since I no longer see people posting about the issue, they must have addressed the issue early on.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #16062
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
To be clear, my spare parts were bought when the RM car was released, so they are old. New, but old. Since I no longer see people posting about the issue, they must have addressed the issue early on.
I pulled some strings to make sure all bad or out of tolerance parts were sent to you.
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #16063
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I pulled some strings to make sure all bad or out of tolerance parts were sent to you.
Awe man, that is just evil
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #16064
Tech Regular
 
Gpeters66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alton. IL
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think JConcepts new B5M is called Wildcat right? I've only seen one pic and I went to the JConcepts site and there were no pics. Anyone heard of a release date and were I can see more pics?
__________________
Grant Peters....wave when you pass me please
Mugen MBX7r Eco, Mugen MBX7T Eco, Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite, Associated RC10SC5M
Gpeters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #16065
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,932
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
I think JConcepts new B5M is called Wildcat right? I've only seen one pic and I went to the JConcepts site and there were no pics. Anyone heard of a release date and were I can see more pics?
Pic of what? the new JC chassis? Someone posted it a page or 2 back
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net