R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 09-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #15616
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have a request for the community: If you see anything cool out there that has not already made the first page, please PM me or post it on here. I hadn't searched shapeways in a while and found all sorts of new stuff. Thanks.

For example:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/BB3...ionId=57738834

http://www.shapeways.com/product/NPK...ionId=57442543

http://www.shapeways.com/product/688...ionId=56103529
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #15617
a1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know its pretty tough to keep things organized, but when looking at the first page I ran into a few links that no longer worked. Has the first page been updated with new items and old links that dont work taken out?
a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #15618
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Gear up means larger pinion and/or smaller spur. Lower FDR, less gear reduction. Like shifting up a transmission gear in an automobile.
Thank you.
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #15619
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
I know its pretty tough to keep things organized, but when looking at the first page I ran into a few links that no longer worked. Has the first page been updated with new items and old links that dont work taken out?
Let me know which links are broken and I will see if I can fix them.

I update the page every time I find something new, or something new is announced.

I honestly do not update or revise it every day, but I do my best. They simply do not pay me enough (or at all).
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #15620
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hello all i just bought a b5m for the indoor racing season and wondering if anyone had any luck with the box setup? my track is indoor damp clay dusty med bite. thanks for the help all.
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #15621
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Should be close. Sounds like the box setup is for high bite clay.
dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #15622
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
Chris, I'm specifically talking about the newest indoor layout at RCE. Have you been up there in the past 3 weeks?
I go to rce regularly. The top five fastguys there in 2wd are ridiculously fast. If your within a second of them your doing ok. Could b something minor like piston, tire, or even battery placement. But heck im not one of those top five.
detailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #15623
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran the buggy today for the first time and must say I was very impressed with the way it drove. This coming from a guy who thought nothing could be better than my 22 2.0. Boy was I wrong. Only complaint I had was the servo link to the steering split on the first small jump I hit. Not a fan of those one piece things. Have the kit setup on it with 30 in the rear shocks running a low to med grip surface and it handled great except for a slight on power push. Blockade rears and scrub fronts all I had for it. Any tips for just a little more front bite on power?
shadowracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #15624
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
Ran the buggy today for the first time and must say I was very impressed with the way it drove. This coming from a guy who thought nothing could be better than my 22 2.0. Boy was I wrong. Only complaint I had was the servo link to the steering split on the first small jump I hit. Not a fan of those one piece things. Have the kit setup on it with 30 in the rear shocks running a low to med grip surface and it handled great except for a slight on power push. Blockade rears and scrub fronts all I had for it. Any tips for just a little more front bite on power?
thats alot of rear tire for the front maybe try some holeshots up front.
ashxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #15625
Tech Fanatic

I was thinking the same but not sure if this was best or needed a chassis change somewhere. The way this surface changes during the day the blockades seem to stay the most consistent rear tire. What half the class uses. Give the holeshots a try and see what happens. Appreciate the feedback.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #15626
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
Chris, I'm specifically talking about the newest indoor layout at RCE. Have you been up there in the past 3 weeks?
I'm there every Thursday

After the 1st week on that layout I decided to not run buggy until it's changed. It's too frustrating to try and race buggy with the 'rhythm' section.

Gray front and white or green rear usually work well at RCE.

Pro-Line RacingHobbywingMIPBOOMrcFutabaPT RC Racing Oils
CCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #15627
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
If you already moved the battery forward, try running the rear shocks with the outside hole on the arms and the middle on the tower. It will give more steering, but it may feel a little edgy when the grip comes up. If it gets edgy, move the battery back to smooth it out. Also 3x1.4 front pistons with 32.5 shock oil up front like Wildcat said. Squeezing the front ball links at the start of each day for the first 2 weeks might be needed.
Eddie_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #15628
Tech Fanatic

Doh! Thanks eddie_e, yea my rear shocks are set like that but didn't even think to move the battery. Have it all the way back. Running 3 classes back to back kinda keeps me brain numb. Lol! Have to give that a shot.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #15629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

update on me, got my buggy working a lot better now.

Now I get another .7 tenths out of it.
check out the new 12th scale GT class! https://www.facebook.com/groups/148391312353349/
support your local tracks- Beachline Raceway-386-Full Throttle Raceway
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #15630
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Found out learning a new track is tough on these B5m wings... was working in Southern California and did about 4 hours at OCRC and about 4 hours at SDRC. Really enjoyed both tracks, but my wing is in really bad shape. I was just wondering if anyone had any 3rd party preferences when it comes to wing choice. My home track is fairly small with smaller jumps, any recommendations on wing?