R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 09-17-2015, 07:53 AM   #15586
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
How often should I take the diff apart and regrease the thrust bearing,
Jeff, you should do it way more than you do now What it is now? once a year , lol. We race indoor with little to no dust. I flip my rings and relube about ever 6-8 race days. or 6-8 weeks.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:55 AM   #15587
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
How often should I take the diff apart and regrease the thrust bearing,
Just rebuild the thrust when you rebuild the main diff when it gets yuck.

I wet sand both my drive rings and thrust rings with 600, clean and re-lube everything, then throw it back together and break in on the bench and call it good.

Wayne
Old 09-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #15588
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How is the box setup? I race on med grip clay? Or is there a setup most guys are following?
dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #15589
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
How is the box setup? I race on med grip clay? Or is there a setup most guys are following?
Box setup is close, but most people will run different shock oil at least. Next most often changed thing is front piston and spring (gray spring and 3x1.4 piston perhaps), and then after that shock down travel (stroke) is a common adjustment. Some of us run the B hub option in the rear, I personally like it, but the kit A hub works better on some tracks, so it's really not right / wrong, just an option.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:11 AM   #15590
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post
Box setup is close, but most people will run different shock oil at least. Next most often changed thing is front piston and spring (gray spring and 3x1.4 piston perhaps), and then after that shock down travel (stroke) is a common adjustment. Some of us run the B hub option in the rear, I personally like it, but the kit A hub works better on some tracks, so it's really not right / wrong, just an option.
Thinner oil most of the time? I have read a lot of people complaining about on power steering. Is that still the case with the lite?
dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #15591
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
Thinner oil most of the time? I have read a lot of people complaining about on power steering. Is that still the case with the lite?
That's just 2wd. With the right setup, it has as much on power steering as any 2wd for sure. I tend to run 32 front 30 rear for oil.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #15592
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a b5m lite for indoor carpet. its not a big track, but they run open motor, so I was thinking I would run my 17.5 D4 maxxzilla with timing and or boost.
is it worth getting the C and D plates in aluminum or brass?
common setup for carpet, or run box setup with the front spring, piston and oil packages above? Any other suggestions for a carpet setup?
beidle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #15593
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Jeff, you should do it way more than you do now What it is now? once a year , lol. We race indoor with little to no dust. I flip my rings and relube about ever 6-8 race days. or 6-8 weeks.
I currently do it at the time of implosion lol, that is why I was wondering if I do it more often if I wont have to replace the parts.

after all those TITANIUM DIFF BALLS in my other car C are hard on the rings
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #15594
Tech Prophet

Quote:
I currently do it at the time of implosion lol, that is why I was wondering if I do it more often if I wont have to replace the parts.

after all those TITANIUM DIFF BALLS in my other car C are hard on the rings
/facepalm
Old 09-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #15595
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogi108 View Post
5 series 4wd buggy !!!
Yep, time for that.

Anybody think they will update the Factory Team kit with the new shocks in them? If Factory guys run them full time would assume the Factory Kit would get them at one point or the next.

They still have not gotten their RTR's into the 5th Gen either.

All of this for conversation, sitting at my computer waiting for an email before I leave .
Old 09-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #15596
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
Yep, time for that.

Anybody think they will update the Factory Team kit with the new shocks in them? If Factory guys run them full time would assume the Factory Kit would get them at one point or the next.

All of this for conversation, sitting at my computer waiting for an email before I leave .
You guys still calling for a FT kit crack me up.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #15597
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
Yep, time for that.

I dont think amain even carries the old shock bodies any more. You might see a change in the next iteration of the kit. Whatever it is called. I am surprised that have not updated the rtr to the B5 rear motor car yet. It is much more durable than the b4 platform.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #15598
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by beidle99 View Post
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a b5m lite for indoor carpet. its not a big track, but they run open motor, so I was thinking I would run my 17.5 D4 maxxzilla with timing and or boost.
is it worth getting the C and D plates in aluminum or brass?
common setup for carpet, or run box setup with the front spring, piston and oil packages above? Any other suggestions for a carpet setup?
Don't know what the track looks like but if you can run any motor get something faster and dial back the speed. Taking away power is a lot easier than trying to get power.

On carpet you are probably looking for a car on the lighter side so i probably wouldn't get brass (especially in the rear). The aluminum arm mounts are for bling more than anything.

For setup, the car isn't gonna be too far off from stock. I'd say to build it stock than change from there. You will probably end up going with a 1.7 or 1.4x3 piston in the rear and changing shock oil by 2.5 or 5.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #15599
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys, just got my hands on a lite for stock racing on med-high bite clay, low dust, low-moderately bumpy. I'm running pretty much the box setup right now, and getting a lot of understeer, especially on-power, as mentioned above. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to find the right tire combo as opinions are pretty mixed at the track, but have only found ones that make it worse, as opposed to better. I've also got the Avid front & rear spring kit coming in the mail.
drewbagel423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #15600
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbagel423 View Post
Hey guys, just got my hands on a lite for stock racing on med-high bite clay, low dust, low-moderately bumpy. I'm running pretty much the box setup right now, and getting a lot of understeer, especially on-power, as mentioned above. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to find the right tire combo as opinions are pretty mixed at the track, but have only found ones that make it worse, as opposed to better. I've also got the Avid front & rear spring kit coming in the mail.
look at this setup

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...ceway20150830/