Community
Wiki Posts
Search

advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default advice

I am looking for a 1/8 truggy kit. I know durango makes on. Are there any others?

My son and use to race nitro buggies. He drove, i built, spent. Girls, college baseball, he broke my heart. Well that was 4 years ago and i want to build, no rtr for me. Seems like an electric truggy is the way to go but not many options by my favorites, AE, Losi Kyosho.

so if i don't go Durango, never heard of them, what is the opinion on converting (not even sure what that means) the Losi Nitro Truggy to electric.

thanks for any help

russell
Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5600-.../#!prettyPhoto
Old 12-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The Serpent 811 truggy is fantastic. I really love mine. Only issue is that it's a nitro kit which you need to convert to electric using Serpents conversion kit. The truggy is absolutely bullet proof!

I believe they are planning on release an e-truggy kit early in the new year however. So you'll be able to buy the truggy without having to convert. Actually I like being able to change between electric and nitro on the same chassis!!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

okay and thanks, I am not sure i like the idea of a conversion but you all probably no better.

Right now I'm thinking tekno but no rush and i'll see what my hobby shop knows about the possible Serpent
Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

^^^^^+1 ^^^^^
Old 12-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Ae makes a good truggy
Old 12-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I believe the only electric truggies right now are Durango and Tekno. The rest have to be converted. In my opinion the only truggies worth buying are the mugen mbx6t and the tekno et48. The mugen will need to be converted but mugen makes a kit for it that comes with a new chassis battery/esc mount and motor mount. I have been shopping around for truggies for a month now and waiting on the tekno to be released. Those in my opinion are the only ones worth buying. The others are good and will work but I would like something better then just good.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Team C make an electric truggy, the T8TE. http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71
Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pokeytwins
I am looking for a 1/8 truggy kit. I know durango makes on. Are there any others?

My son and use to race nitro buggies. He drove, i built, spent. Girls, college baseball, he broke my heart. Well that was 4 years ago and i want to build, no rtr for me. Seems like an electric truggy is the way to go but not many options by my favorites, AE, Losi Kyosho.

so if i don't go Durango, never heard of them, what is the opinion on converting (not even sure what that means) the Losi Nitro Truggy to electric.

thanks for any help

russell
Is there an electric truggy class near you? seems to be the most hit or miss
class i know of. AE makes a kit to convert the RC8T.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks everyone