Old 10-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

What's your email I can send it to you
Old 10-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cclifton
I thought I saw a setup for the MM srx2 for 17.5 on facebook. I think it was called "fast setup" or something like that. I was trying to find it and I cant seem to. Does anyone have the pdf? or even know what I am talking about. I was gonna give it a try at the track tonight.
Looks towards the top. I just commented on it today.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

testing tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread-roller.jpg   Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread-rollerassy.jpg   Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread-thingearcase.jpg   Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread-spydermmnewpaint.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
testing tomorrow
Interesting looks nice!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

testing tomorrow
Must be a 17.5 blinky setup. Those narrow gears wouldn't last long with a 7.5 mod. Now, if you could machine full width idlers gears that held up better than the stock plastic ones in mod, that'd be great!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

A quick tip for new guys to the car and with out extra front wheels. If your out to a race and the track only has assoicated 12mm front hex wheels. I found a trick. I used a .5mm clutch shim inside the wheel hex and it will no longer rub the front suspension. No more needing to dremel wheels out
Old 10-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

testing tomorrow
Very cool. It should hold. I've been using CB's custom gears and it's holding up well. Are you not going to use bearings for the idlers? I'm not sure I like that.

CB's Customs is using Serpent's diff gear and milling it down. Using the Losi idlers though because it holds up better. He also offers milled down aluminum idlers.

Originally Posted by tony montana
A quick tip for new guys to the car and with out extra front wheels. If your out to a race and the track only has assoicated 12mm front hex wheels. I found a trick. I used a .5mm clutch shim inside the wheel hex and it will no longer rub the front suspension. No more needing to dremel wheels out
Is the track width right after that? I need to shave down more than 0.5mm so I'm surprised this would work.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

I stand corrected. It is a 1mm shim. So yeah technically the front would be 2 mm wider. I mainly tried it for new comers coming from the b4 or b5

Last edited by tony montana; 10-26-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anyone had success with shorty forward against servo and esc back by motor?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Must be a 17.5 blinky setup. Those narrow gears wouldn't last long with a 7.5 mod. Now, if you could machine full width idlers gears that held up better than the stock plastic ones in mod, that'd be great!
Use tlr 22 idler gears..
Old 10-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Has anyone had success with shorty forward against servo and esc back by motor?
As a team we've done many of experiments with different weight configurations and the most popular and best all around layout is the default layout with the shorty near the rear of the battery compartment.

I'm not saying that another configuration is not better in a few scenarios of track conditions, just the above is the most versatile.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

For mod the following setup has been in my car for months. All serpent parts.

Top Shaft > Aluminum Idler > Plastic Idler > Diff Gear
Old 10-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

They actually held up with my mod although i would not recommend them for mod and they are not needed.Billet Delrin is much stronger than molded soft plastic. Serpent offers aluminum and steel idler gears, they have them at Amain!

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
For mod the following setup has been in my car for months. All serpent parts.

Top Shaft > Aluminum Idler > Plastic Idler > Diff Gear
I just ordered the AL ones! BTW Jared i have been using your setups for my base with only slight tweaks, I like your insight and details! I madea turnbuckle rear brace that gave me the rear grip i was missing on our track which is covered clay witih some dust so its a little tricky
Old 10-28-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shagino
Very cool. It should hold. I've been using CB's custom gears and it's holding up well. Are you not going to use bearings for the idlers? I'm not sure I like that.

CB's Customs is using Serpent's diff gear and milling it down. Using the Losi idlers though because it holds up better. He also offers milled down aluminum idlers.

Is the track width right after that? I need to shave down more than 0.5mm so I'm surprised this would work.

The bearing is in the middle and only uses one per idler instead of two.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

I just ordered the AL ones! BTW Jared i have been using your setups for my base with only slight tweaks, I like your insight and details! I madea turnbuckle rear brace that gave me the rear grip i was missing on our track which is covered clay witih some dust so its a little tricky
Cool deal. Some people haven't liked it but other's have. Glad it helped you out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.