Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8.2e ESC/Battery connector?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC8.2e ESC/Battery connector?

Well I got my RC8.2e on the way and I'm looking at the turnigy 4500mAh 4S 30C hardcase battery. However this battery comes with an HTX plug and my ESC has Deans....but I saw this connector also from hobbyking:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pcs_bag_.html

So my question is: can I use this adapter between battery and ESC and have no juice loss? or is it better to just cut the HTX plug and solder a deans?
Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

For 1/8 scale you wanna go the other way and go with bullet connectors or something bigger then deans. I went the same way I have deans on all my 1/10 stuff and I installed it on my RC8.2 but my RC8.2 kept cutting out and I could not figure out why. Till someone at the track asked me why am I using 1/10 connectors for a 1/8 buggy and that surprised me cause that was the only thing I didn't check. So I changed to the bullet connectors and I had no issues after that. So my advice is do away with the deans for better connectors for your 1/8 buggy. I use the bullet like you show from Hobbyking and had no issues whatsoever since I change to them. BTW is your ESC at least 120A if not you will burn it with a 4S battery.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M03Racer
For 1/8 scale you wanna go the other way and go with bullet connectors or something bigger then deans. I went the same way I have deans on all my 1/10 stuff and I installed it on my RC8.2 but my RC8.2 kept cutting out and I could not figure out why. Till someone at the track asked me why am I using 1/10 connectors for a 1/8 buggy and that surprised me cause that was the only thing I didn't check. So I changed to the bullet connectors and I had no issues after that. So my advice is do away with the deans for better connectors for your 1/8 buggy. I use the bullet like you show from Hobbyking and had no issues whatsoever since I change to them. BTW is your ESC at least 120A if not you will burn it with a 4S battery.
not necessarily. The mmp, from castle is only 65-120, yet people run 6s through those in 1/10. Some people use them in ⅛ too. hmmm, deans should have no problems with your usage. The HPI baja 5b flux uses them as well, and that is run on 8s lipo.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so has anyone used this connector? I want to race my truck but want to be sure there's no power loss or similar if I use it instead of replacing battery plugs
Old 12-04-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snakemau
Ok so has anyone used this connector? I want to race my truck but want to be sure there's no power loss or similar if I use it instead of replacing battery plugs
Any time you add a joint between the ESC and lipo you are adding resistance. Best to have one connector inline. Solder a deans or whatever your connector of choice is to the lipo. Solder the wires one at a time, don't have both wires cut and bare at the same time