Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Integy Motors

I just won a lot of used motors on ebay for $58. It had a new SpeedGems, and old SpeedGems, an old Ruby 16T, an Integy V10 Twin Turbo, a P2K2 PRO, some type of GM Racing motor (sticker's been torn off), and a Fantom Factory Modified (Not sure what wind). Anyway, the new SpeedGems is toast, the brushes are only like 1/4" long, and the comm is beyond cutting, the P2K2's comm look really rough, and the Twin Turbo was missing all of it's spacers, and a bushing in the endbell. The others work, but not well. The best oned are the Fantom, and the Twin Turbo. I used the bushing from the P2K2 to test the Twin Turbo, and it sounded like it was haulin'! I soldered it into my Bandit for a test run, and man does this thing haul! I was just wondering if anyone else out there had one and is it legal for stock racing? It is a 27T single, and I want to use it for my Pro-Stock when I race. Is this motor an outlaw, or is it legal? Also, how much does a ew armature for a SpeedGems Chrominium cost? I know I can get that info online, but what I am really looking for is an opinion on whether the new armature would be worth the money. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Hmmm, I kind of gave this thread a weird name huh, oh well.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Heres the Chrominum armature http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEPH1&P=V All i can really say is if you intend to use this motor for fun then go for it, get the new armature but just remember its only a 16t.Im sure you could use another Trinity Speed gems armature in the Chrominum can, e.g 10t.

Sean
Old 07-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Hmmm... Thats not too much money. Thank you! So, no one here knows if the Integy V10 Twin Turbo is a ROAR legal motor? I raced it today, and upon winning, I recieved some questioning, and explained how it is a 27T single wind. They either bought it, or agreed that it was legal. Either way, this thing is fast, much faster than my Monster stock.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default roar legal

I think all roar legal motors are stamped "roar" on the can.It is a legal motor specwise,don't think it's been submitted for official legality with roar tho.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have three or four motors with no roar label. All of them are all roar approved for stock racing. Most legal stock motors are 27 turn 24 degree. Go to the roar racing website & look for legal motors. If you can't find it there try the motor company website. I looked on the roar website & didn't see anything about that motor. Keep searching around you might find something.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 07-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Heres a link to Fantom Racing's website. You may be able to find your motor on that site and it will say if it is ROAR legal or not. Hope that helps you out a bit.

http://www.fantomracing.com/
Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yes the Matrix is a Roar legal motor,The one I have is stamped on the bottom of the can Roar 27,Its made by Atlas,If its faster than your Monster..you must have a slow Monster..or a whole bunch of us(racers where I live)got a bad batch of Matrix's.. Be careful on the gearing..I have had a few go up in smoke.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Actually, I have the Monster Stock PRO, the tuned one, but even I was suprised to see how much faster it is. The Monster has more low end, and more torque for sure, but the V10 is pretty sick by the time it spools up. I have smoked more Monsters than anything else. I actually destroyed one to the point of no return. The crown of the armature blank actually cracked and rubbed against the magnets. It instantly froze the motor and locked up the wheels. Anyther one was destroyed because the epoxy on the windings came undone and grounded on each other. And at least two more died from constant running. I run my Bandit A LOT! I run it an average of 4-6 times a day, and mabey 7-10 times on Sundays. I also went through a speed control, and at lease one P2K2 PRO. I stopped. One of the main problems I have with gearing is I never change them. When I run at my track, the motor has plenty of time to spool up, and never really needs to accelerate, but when I run in front of my house, I have to bleed of a lot of speed before I can dive into the corner, or else I run into my neighbors mailbox. You can see some of the conditions I race in on my Movies page. The Integy does heat up faster, and get hotter than my Monster though, so I think I may have to go down a tooth or two to get the temp right. It has honed bushings that I took from another motor, because when I opened the motors, the Integy had no bushing, so I took one from a trashed motor. I think it may help a little, but not more than mabey 1K RPM's. Anyway, it better be built for abuse, because it's going to be getting a lot of it at my house!
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the help by the way. It really made my life easier.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

BTW: Is there an AOL user who can do me a quick favor? I need an AOL user to go to my site, and check to see if the ADD TO CART/VIEW CART stuff is visible. They are normally located on the sidebar, under the menu buttons. The ADD TO CART buttons are only on the Product pages though. If there is anyone else who doesn't seem to have them, I really need to know about it. We seem to have a problem with AOL users not seeing the PayPal elements, but with only one confirmed issue, we need to have someone else check it out. It would be greatly appreciated. The link is below.

Thanks,
www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com