Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 5ive brushless vs Rampage XB-e

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Losi 5ive brushless vs Rampage XB-e

Giving both the same motor/esc setup with the mamba XL2 and 780kv motor how would you compare the two? Aside from the Losi being about twice the price to build.

The 5ive Looks a lot better I really don't like the buggy body. But I haven't seen any of the converted 5ives able to wheelie like the XB-e can.

What about jumping and handling?
Old 11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I would never buy a redcat. The losi is more expensive, yes, but you know the car is all there then, no shortcuts taken.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-larger-scales-more-5/
Old 11-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am receiving information that the XB-e to the states is the HPI Maverick Vader in the UK (http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=MV12701). They have the same parent company and its a competition issue with the hpi Baja and SC here so they rebranded it. And we all know HPI is tough as nails.

Like I said idk how true it is but its coming from a very knowldegable source and the facts seem to be lining up..
Old 02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

I dunno about anyone else..but personally wheelies mean nothing to me .My xbe is equipped with a 2028 and wieghing 19 pounds less than a 5ive t ... well you dont have to be a math whiz. As for durability and driveabilty i havent broken anything except toque ripped tires. Cure by using beadlocks.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I would never buy a redcat. The losi is more expensive, yes, but you know the car is all there then, no shortcuts taken.
That's a pretty narrow-minded approach. Redcat doesn't make all of their cars. Some of them are pretty good rebrands. I know because I have an indestructible buggy that I later found out is available as the Redcat Hurricane.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stascom
That's a pretty narrow-minded approach. Redcat doesn't make all of their cars. Some of them are pretty good rebrands. I know because I have an indestructible buggy that I later found out is available as the Redcat Hurricane.
Just because it doesnt break, doesnt mean its good. Any of the hsp, exceed, redcat, insert cheap chinese brand, etc. are pretty much good for beginners, but anyone staying in the hobby for a long time should consider something from some of the "better quality" manufactures.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You won't be disappointed in the Losi. I work in a hobby store and we've sold about 25 5ive-t's, we've sold maybe a handful of parts other then regular maintenance, they're impossible to break, I know of no one here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that has broken suspension parts. They're silly electrified. The HPI linked looks like a bigger 1/8 running 4 or 6s, the 5ive is a true bulletproof 1/5 truck hence the extra weight.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
You won't be disappointed in the Losi. I work in a hobby store and we've sold about 25 5ive-t's, we've sold maybe a handful of parts other then regular maintenance, they're impossible to break, I know of no one here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada that has broken suspension parts. They're silly electrified. The HPI linked looks like a bigger 1/8 running 4 or 6s, the 5ive is a true bulletproof 1/5 truck hence the extra weight.
I always wondered how is the durability of electronics in a 1/5 scale brushless (esc, motor, bec...) do you have any feedback on this?